1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Mueller, Former F.B.I. Director, Is Named Special Counsel for Russia Investigation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, May 17, 2017.

1. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Nope. We don’t agree to that. That characterization is a gross understatement of the work that has already been done, massive number of indictments, and a factual layout recorded for the history book and for congress and post trump prosecutors to act upon.

Eric Riley likes this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I really wonder what @Space Ghost would say if Obama's daughter or wife accepted an email from a foreign adversary's regime declaring their support for their Presidental bid with dirt on their political opponent and readily accepted the meeting with enthusiasm instead of immediately reporting the correspondence to authorities? Do you think he would call the GOP investigation in this hypothetical scenario a witch hunt? I doubt it and it's sad as I believe Space Ghost to be one of the genuine conservative leaning posters here that is actually willing to engage in discussion rather than playing a troll shtick.

#8842 fchowd0311, May 29, 2019
    Last edited: May 29, 2019
    Eric Riley likes this.
  3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Another coincidence.

quikkag likes this.
  4. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Well, if he’s consistent than all past, current and future DOJ investigation of President alleged criminal conducts are witch hunt.. simply because the DOJ was and is never able to indict a sitting president.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  5. NewRoxFan

Funny how its evolved. And terms like "witch hunt", insufficient evidence" and "innocent until proven guilty" spin out.

quikkag and peleincubus like this.
  6. dmoneybangbang

A witch hunt that proved Trump’s campaign did in fact have communication with Russian linked associates and shared information with them.

And it proved that Trump ordered his people to lie and cover up it up.

#totalexoneration

7. fchowd0311

Trump doesn't understand basic common law. Insufficient evidence to the standard of criminal indictment, not removal from office. The office of the Presidency is a privilege, not a human right, thus the bar for evidence is not 'beyond a reasonable doubt'.

quikkag likes this.
  8. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Let’s just let the liberals continue to move through their five step grieving process for a few more weeks. But it’s really time to move on, folks. Let’s get Congress working again.

9. fchowd0311

Yup. The only thing that has been unproven is Trump's campaign actively being involved in the DNC hacks which I never thought was the case anyways.

10. NewRoxFan

Another fox news person gets it...

quikkag likes this.
  11. dmoneybangbang

We learned that you can have communication and share information with an adversarial country during a campaign.

And you can lie and cover it up.

12. NewRoxFan

13. NewRoxFan

14. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Seriously? It's been years since Congress did at least attempt to do work.

15. quikkag

quikkag Contributing Member

It boils down to this.

Mueller: Read my lips. If Trump is guilty, I can't say a damned thing. If Trump is not guilty, I can state that.

Mueller: Ready? Here it comes.

Mueller:

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Well I think this is right. Mueller recognizes that policing a President is not his job and that is left solely to Congress. And he's been careful to not recommend any particular course of action to them. So I wouldn't ascribe any opinion to him on whether or not Trump should be impeached. He only filled his narrow mandate of finding and presenting the evidence.

Now, with Mueller and Barr out of the way, I don't see how Congress can look at the report's evidence regarding 10 acts that could be construed as acts of obstruction and say there isn't any reason to even consider impeachment. If they don't wan to impeach or convict that's in their power, but to say the evidence isn't there is an insult to everyone's intelligence. It was obvious the day Comey was fired, and it's 10-fold more obvious today. I could respect an argument that the crimes are not 'high crimes.' But I don't understand how anyone can have any respect for themselves and say there was no obstruction.

17. NewRoxFan

Mueller threaded the needle... pointing to his report and saying he couldn't indict a sitting president. He couldn't look too anxious to go further to appear politically motivated. His testimony during any congressional hearings is now safe.

quikkag likes this.
  18. NewRoxFan

19. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

From the horse's mouth ...

Harrisment and quikkag like this.
  20. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Mueller can't charge anyone with a crime, but he wants to impeach Trump. He thought his report would do that but it failed, so this press conference was a final petty gambit.

A prosecutor saying "we couldn't prove his innocence" is disgraceful, worthy of disbarment. Everyone is presumed innocent, it's not his job to prove it. His job is to charge a crime, which he failed to do.

Mueller doesn't want to face questioning from Congress under oath, or have his case face cross examination from a defense attorney, so he casts aspersions with reports and press conferences. Disgraceful.

cml750 likes this.