1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's the second half of the Lakers-Nuggets Game 5 -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

leafblowing etiquette

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jo mama, May 21, 2019.

1. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

as a self-respecting texan i would never hire another fella to do my lawn, but my neighbors on either side are yankees and they hire lawn people. to each their own, but what is it with landscapers blowing all the leaves and debris into their clients neighbors yards? or blowing them out into the street. youre not really picking up the leaves...youre just moving them.

neighbor on my left had a dude who blew them onto my driveway so i talked to him and he doesnt do it anymore. but new neighbors on right have people who just blow the leaves over into my yard and the sidewalk/street in front of my house. ive talked to them before, but they have different people come out each time and they all do it. im going to mention it to neighbors next time i see them, but i dont get why seemingly all landscapers/yard people do this.

when previous neighbors were there i once caught a dude blowing leaves into my yard. i had only raked the previous day so i got pissed and made him clean it up while i stood there.

am i the only one who gets super irritated by this?

are there any yard maintenance professionals/landscapers here...do you condone this behavior?

K mf G likes this.
  2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

They do it cause its easy and theyre being lazy. You arent the only one to get pissed. Ive yelled at the guy that used to do it to me. Theyre gonna keep doing it until somebody says something. They have too many lawns to get through to sweep up the grass and leaves, so I kinda get it, but it aint happening if Im around to see it.

3. likestohypeguy

Nope, I agree it's definitely not cool, but yes they can do it and get away with it. It's basically a mad max/thunderdome situation. So if it bothers you enough, and you want to invest enough to win this game, be home when their lawn crews come, invest in a BR-700 (actually I recommend one per family member, make it an activity), and yall blow when they blow.

https://www.stihlusa.com/products/blowers-and-shredder-vacs/professional-blowers/br700/

I think there's a more powerful husqvy now too, but you get the point. They will not likely have these. Blow it all back at them and then some. Hell walk down the road a bit, and blow whatever ditch debris/garbage right up in their kitchen.

Edit: oh wow stihl has a much more powerful 800 magnum, I'd go for a family set of those. Drive every leaf and piece of trash within walking distance into their yards with a complete set of these bad boys, and do it while their lawn crews are there. https://www.stihlusa.com/products/blowers-and-shredder-vacs/professional-blowers/br800ce/

Gawdammit i want one of these now and I don't even have this problem.

#3 likestohypeguy, May 21, 2019
    Last edited: May 21, 2019
    K mf G and donkeypunch like this.
  4. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

If you’ve asked and they still won’t blow the trimmings back into their own lawn I’d say green light on blowing it back onto their drive way. Turnabout is fair play.

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Clearly the only end to this is a mano-e-mano blow-off. Who will win? Indeed, who blows harder? (clap clap)

jcf, Xerobull, Invisible Fan and 8 others like this.
  6. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Contributing Member

Also always gets me when driving around and and someone’s blowing a bunch of junk into a major street as cars drive by.

7. Buck Turgidson

Buy a bigger blower. Announce your presence with authority.

Invisible Fan, B-Bob and Jontro like this.
  8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I have a guy with a crew who does our lawn, but they don’t blow it next door. It gets mulched or some damn thing. Beats me. If I saw our people do this, I’d tell them to cut the crap, or they’re history.

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

is john wick available? how many coins you got breh?

10. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Homies got a marker breh!

R0ckets03 likes this.
  11. Jontro

Jontro Member

dam. i would recommend boban but breh already dieded. curse you baba yegaaa!

12. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

I do my own lawn work at home, and that would def upset me. You have every reason to be upset too. Fortunately for me, the 3 diff lawn companies that work on the 3 neighboring houses don't practice the bad habits you mention.

13. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Yeah, trimmings should be blown back into the property owners yard...not the neighbors yard or the street.

If it hasn't been suggested yet, I'd say solve the problem with a dance off.

jcf, Jontro and B-Bob like this.
  14. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

Bothers me too. If I see it, I blow it back. Especially if its a lot. Like they didn't bag anything and only blew it across the way.

They're just being lazy. But blowing it into the street could be a problem if they're next to the sewer it could clog it up. Then everyone would suffer.

15. Nook

Nook Member

Assert your dominance in this situation.

I would start by urinating on your neighbors yard.

If that doesn’t work you need to defacate on their front door.

If that doesn’t work, turn to arson. That usually will work.

jcf, Jontro and Sajan like this.
  16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

as Texans you all should be able to handle a few more leaves in your yards :p

jcf and B-Bob like this.
  17. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I blow my clippings across the street but there's no house there, it's just a neighborhood sidewalk. I never thought people would get upset at lawn clippings on the curb.

18. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

I understand the efficiency of a leaf blower, but I cannot think of a more annoying sound than leaf blowers at 7:30 AM on a Friday or Saturday morning. Or...if you live in certain neighborhoods, there is ALWAYS one going somewhere...its never quiet.

jcf and B-Bob like this.
  19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

[​IMG]

jcf likes this.
  20. Asian Sensation

“when previous neighbors were there i once caught a dude blowing leaves into my yard. i had only raked the previous day so i got pissed and made him clean it up while i stood there.”

[​IMG]

K mf G likes this.