1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Capela for Thon Maker?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, Jun 13, 2016.

?

Would you trade Capela for Thon Maker?

1. Yes

86 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. No

486 vote(s)
    85.0%
  1. basketballholic

Yes.... are you going to watch the upcoming Warriors series????

2. basketballholic

There was no concern about Paul. He wasn't even a possibility for this board until he was acquired. Nobody here besides me even thought we would even try to get him.

3. basketballholic

I'm not
    I'm not sold on his defense. And he's already being paid. I'd prefer either a proven commodity or a low salary that we could possibly develop.

(Secretly hoping the Warriors cut ties with Jordan Bell after the season so we can sign him cheap. )

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I watched the one last year and saw the with CP3 we took a 3-2 game lead over them...and that now we are even better than last year. So I scratch my head that you are so sure we can't beat them.

Since you are so sure we will lose, how much are you betting against the Rockets?

topfive likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I never specifically said anything about not beating the Bucks.

Let's take one step at a time. This is probably the best Rocket team since that team last year, maybe even deeper.

Who knows what would happen, I think the Bucks did play a lot like a team, not over reliant on one superstar although Giannis was a deciding factor.

They got better role players.

I feel like Brogdon will come back and will make them even better.

#845 daywalker02, Apr 18, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  6. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

So... does Thon Maker have defensive player of the year award potential just like Zhou Qi? That is the real question.

7. lnchan

He's talking about this guy... @DaDakota would agree...

[​IMG]

#847 lnchan, Apr 18, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

@basketballholic, why don’t you just say you don’t think we have a good chance of beating the Warriors/Bucks, and argue your point that way. You get a lot of grief here because you take it to an extreme and say the Rockets aren’t capable of beating those teams. That’s unnecessarily hyperbolic. In a 7 game series, if you have two good teams facing each other then they both have a chance of winning depending on who’s shooting well, health, team cohesion. These factors aren’t fixed knowns. If they were fixed, then there would be no point even watching the playoffs.

joshuaao, jcf and AXG like this.
  9. lnchan

J Sizzle and Os Trigonum like this.
  10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Chamillionaire and lnchan like this.
  11. lnchan

Can't I just start a Paging Os Trigonum thread? Seems much simpler...

Chamillionaire and Os Trigonum like this.
  12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Until he was acquired? You live in fantasy land. @Clutch did a podcast heading into that offseason and talked about how confident the Rockets were acting about getting Paul. We were listed as a team he was going to meet with in FA.

Now the trade part was for sure a surprise because Woj reported he opted out and all the stories were that he would meet with us and San Antonio. So the opt-in and trade was definitely a surprise. I know I know, you knew all about that too. So cool, you are the most insidery of all insiders that you knew about an opt-in and trade before it happened and can't prove that. But the idea that "nobody here besides [you] thought we would even try to get him" is ridiculous.

13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

There are so many BAD talent evaluators in this thread it is laughable. So many WRONG about Capela and Wrong about Maker. Good thing yall are not the GM!

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

@Mitt_Romney would make this trade.

justtxyank and Rashmon like this.
  15. wesbound

wesbound Member

why is this post still flowing around...??
    It's one of the many that are stuck in the purgatory of the **** post... Send it away & never common on this **** again...

16. biff17

biff17 Member

Good call but Turner does not have Capelas lateral mobility.

17. basketballholic

I scratch my head that after two games against the Jazz you think we are better than last year when the entire season proved we are not.

I would NEVER bet against the only team that I root for.

18. basketballholic

You just mentioned them in a previous post questioning why I wasn't talking about them. I simply told you why. There's no use for me to talk about the Bucks. Because I don't believe we're getting there. K?

This team may be deeper than last year's team?????????? Seriously?????? Nope.

Yeah.......this is the best Rockets team since last year's Rocket's team. It's also the worst Rockets team since last year's Rockets team. It's also the only Rockets team since last year's team. So what.

I'm just not interested in going there. But obviously since you've brought them up, you're skipping ahead and assuming we and them are meeting in the Finals. I hope you are right.

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

There's only one Maker I'm interested in acquiring:

[​IMG]

Os Trigonum likes this.
  20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Didn't take 2 games against the Jazz for me to think that. I've been saying on here since the all-star break and lo and behold we are 20-5 since then including a random loss against the thunder. 20-5. Think about that. That's an 80% winning percentage. Or another way to look at it, a 65 game win pace - the same as last year. Rockets D is very good, and the O is even better. We have lost Ariza and a broken Luc in exchange for House, Rivers, and Faried. Green is playing better D, and so is Harden. We have 4 guys on the court who can hit the 3 at all times. We have a strong defensive team, and Harden has improved on both ends of the court.

So yeah, how is you think this team is worse than last year? Do you think Ariza is better than House?

I don't believe that unless your real team is the Worry-ers

topfive likes this.