1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking: Trump's Wall

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 18, 2018.

1. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Thank you. You nailed it with your post. But the above paragraph is the key item.

The Dems want open borders because illegal workers will help pay for social programs (but it's still a Ponzi scheme); and then they (the immigrants) will become new voters that will vote to continue and expand social programs.

The Dems have to have open borders to keep their party and their philosophy going.

TheresTheDagger and dachuda86 like this.
  2. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

He's another leftist that has gone off the rails. There are those who say leftism is a mental disease. And then we have posts on this board that support that hypothesis.

dachuda86 likes this.
  3. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Now you're funny. :D Here's what I would suggest: The Rox are playing Brooklyn tonight. I'm sure it's on your TV. :D

Os Trigonum likes this.
  4. biff17

biff17 Member

so if it's a crisis where is the caravan now?

Harrisment likes this.
  5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Argue against what you believe (or know for certain) the other side support is a lazy approach and are full of straws.

6. Buck Turgidson

OK, they're idiots. Should I post a Klan (or sadly, and this is a joke, a Trump rally) picture in response?

I know that you and I and we all know better, let's not play these games.

foh and FranchiseBlade like this.
  7. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I know for certain that a wall would have prevented this crisis of drug overdose.

No Worries likes this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

South.

9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

But But But walls don't work. What do people think the military is acting as?

10. Buck Turgidson

The military. Not border security. Is this an actual question?

No Worries likes this.
  11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

The answer is barrier. They serve as a deterrent.

12. Buck Turgidson

You are a strange one. You know what else serves as a deterrent?

13. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have to watch a ton of The Donald's fundraising ads on YouTube and The Donald repeats that the Dems are "in favor of open borders and abolishing ICE".

I'm guessing that colors how the proponents approach the issue. If you are being told to keep on the lookout for snipes and jackalopes, you'll find them in every shadow.

Führer befehle, wir folgen dir.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The conspiracy unearthed!

:D

15. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Again 'walls are immoral', hence closed borders are immoral....ergo open borders. Why would Nancy make such an outrageous statement if there weren't significant people in her caucus wanting just that? No answer as to how, if walls are immoral, any other form of border control isn't likewise immoral. I take that point as conceded, making any further protestations that Democrats aren't for open borders pretty moot.

You didn't say anything about prominent Democratic leaders wearing shirts that explicity said they were for open borders.

Countless other articles I linked don't use the Harris poll.

Yes, a lot of it is based on being against ICE. But what is ICE? Immigration and Customs Enforcement. How does wanting to get rid of Immigration and Customs Enforcement not equate to being in favor of open borders?

Not all of it is about that, though. Many Democrats have explicitly indicated they are in favor of open borders.

It's really pretty obvious. Having to explain this to Democrats, when it comes from their own party and is pretty pervasive, is probably similar to Democrats trying to explain to Republicans that there are racists within that group. Y'all think that's pretty obvious, right? Same applies here. Saying it isn't is ignoring the direction a significant portion of your party is heading. Unlike the racist analogy, though, this group within Democrats is both growing and becoming mainstream. Personally, I'm fine with Democrats ignoring this...but if I were a Democrat, I'd be very concerned about it.

16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Personal attacks are a sign of a weak debater... I will take it that you disagree. Fair enough Bucko.

BruceAndre likes this.
  17. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

You seem to think it's a one-off. It's not.

18. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Bobby's reply was detailed, thoughtful and intelligent; suggesting that he's part of the KKK is none of those things.

19. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

20. CCorn

CCorn Member

I heard google was hiring illegal aliens to manipulate their search results to push their liberal agenda. This needs to end now.