1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Shams] Rockets emerge as possible suitor for Lakers’ Kentavious Caldwell-Pope

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Dec 12, 2018.

1. sogood.

sogood. Member

Inconsistent is the key word with KCP. Dude could go 4/4 from 3 one game then 1-10 the next 4.

Also Lakers fans on reddit says he's a decent defender against wings but is useless guarding bigger/stronger ones.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Thank you. These false narratives have to stop. KCP has always been a good defender. I’m not crazy about him either as a sf but as a back up 2 he would be a nice fill in if they have to deal EG.

3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

The Pope this team deserves but not the one it needs.

topfive likes this.
  4. Caesar

Caesar Member

KCP is 6’5 205. Unless he’s to replace Eric Gordon’s role as we trade Gordon in part of another deal to get a starting caliber SF or PF(while shifting Tucker to the 3), then what’s the point?

5. topfive

topfive CF OG

Don't forget we already have JFH. :D

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. tc0330

tc0330 Member

looking at his highlights i like him a lot. i used to use him a $hit ton in draftkings when he was getting 30+ min last year lol he was awesome

BaselineFade likes this.
  7. basketballholic

I've already answered this. Capela/Gordon and what they can be turned into plus picks plus Hills contract gone for next season is better than Ingram/Ball plus picks with the Pels having to retain Hill. K?

If....we could acquire that expiring deal and another 5+ million expiring and NOT give up a pick....say give up a second, plus IH and/or Edwards with Knight/Melo.....that's a nice deal that we should do. And if we give up a first and get back a couple seconds.....barring something bigger unfolding I'd do that deal.

They may say no. That's fine. They'll say no to the Lakers too. We can drop KCP for a trade exception....to take back Hill next season by throwing in a minor asset to the Kings....Even if we have to include a pick.....We'll have another pick to replace it with after the draft. Same deal can be reconstructed next summer....while the Lakers youngsters continue to decline in value and they ask can't take back Hill with AD until after they other guys they sign to fill out their cap after they sign KD....become available in trade after Dec. 15 of 2019.

Yes it is extremely unlikely. But you have to plan for it anyways and always treat trades with an eye on the next great trade prize(s).

Some random team will have to take back Hill and give the Pels cap relief on the 4-6 picks we can trade Rio the Pels if we move EGo to another team plus Capela.

Cap space to sign guys or take on salary for picks is a more valuable asset than an expiring contract is to a rebuilding lottery team. They can keep the cap, save all that salary for half a season, then use it at the deadline to get assets.

Oh really.........LOL......k.

In the 4 player deal for KCP, that could be consummated with Cleveland after they trade JR to Phoenix for KCP. You send the 4 player to Cleveland for KCP...no picks included. Cleveland picks up another nice trade exception and they save money.

The most likely package I'd knight, memlo, youngster(s), second for a nice expiring contract around 12-15 million and possibly a second contract around 5.2-5.5 million.

8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

If there’s no 1st involved I’m not opposed.

The AD thing will never happen but it’s a nice dream. Any meaningful second trade out of it at this trade deadline is super unlikely.

Not that it matters... as I’ve noted if there’s no 1st and this is the best you can get, than that’s fine. I think Cleveland holds out for something better. Didn’t they get a future first (albeit protected) for Korver’s similar contract (albeit Korver is an actual functioning NBA player lol)

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

All these double names!

10. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

11. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

when did Shams become Burt Steele? Then again, some Clutchfans have been saying Burt was a Sham all along.

12. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  13. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Morey bout to show the world why he's the GM of the year.

Watch him make a deal on the 15th and none of these names mentioned (incoming players) will be involved in the deal.

sammy and hakeem94 like this.
  14. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

No dumpster scraps Murray!

15. basketballholic

Nobody is talking about Capela leaving. But he could be gone Saturday. And He very well could be gone by Frb. 7.

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

He can’t be more inconsistent than Eric Gordon so sign me up

17. RESINator

RESINator Member

I'd rather have ariza

18. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

If that’s the case rockets get back a BONAFIDE all star.

19. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

20. jogo

jogo Member

I can't find any stats that show KCP as a positive defender.