1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Mueller, Former F.B.I. Director, Is Named Special Counsel for Russia Investigation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, May 17, 2017.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Evidence comes with the court filings.

Trumps will be last since he is the biggest fish.

Stone next

Kushner, Don Jr. after that.

Then the Trump stuff will drop.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

But he was still found not guilty of that right?

pgabriel likes this.
  3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

except i'm not doing that. I said that campaign finance as a whole is really jacked up and these violations are ridiculous because imo the entire system is ridiculous. pay the fine for a the violation idgaf but that's nothing as far as russian hacking, collusion, compromised election, etc..., thankfully.

Astrodome likes this.
  4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

As usual, bad "whataboutism"...

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/john-edwards-retried-campaign-finance-charges/story?id=16561020

No Worries likes this.
  5. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

You just have to read his court filings, which apparently you haven't done.

FranchiseBlade and No Worries like this.
  6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

How many times do you post the same incorrect comment? The felonies that were in the court filing accuse trump of directing someone to pay off two women he had affairs with to keep quiet to avoid the information to cause him to lose a political campaign. Its been clearly reported numerous times.

The same court filing also raised the question of Russian influence:

Memos issued by federal prosecutors on Friday about President Donald Trump’s longtime personal lawyer Michael Cohen—together with a sentencing memo filed earlier this week about Trump’s former national-security adviser Michael Flynn—offer the clearest indication yet of how investigators are encircling the president and perhaps reaching the climax of the 19-month probe into a potential conspiracy between Trump and Russia in 2016.

Mueller also filed a separate memo on Friday detailing the alleged lies that Trump’s former campaign chairman Paul Manafort told prosecutors in violation of his plea agreement. They concerned Manafort’s contacts with Trump-administration officials, a suspected Russian spy named Konstantin Kilimnik, a separate Justice Department investigation, and a wire transfer. Much of the document was redacted, but Mueller said text messages show that Manafort was interacting with a “senior administration official” into May 2018.

Trump said last week that he was free to pursue business deals while he was running for president. But he never disclosed the deal publicly, and Cohen’s guilty plea clearly shows how he lied in the written statement to the House and Senate Intelligence Committees to conceal the Trump Organization’s ongoing involvement in the Moscow project from January through June 2016, with the campaign under way.

The project wasn’t revealed until August 2017, when The New York Times obtained emails between Cohen and Felix Sater, a Russian American businessman. Sater, who began advising the Trump Organization in the early 2000s and scoped out deals for it in Russia between 2005 and 2006, boasted of his ties to Putin in emails to Cohen in November 2015 and told Cohen that he could get “all of Putins team to buy in” on the Moscow deal. “Our boy can become president of the USA and we can engineer it,” Sater wrote. “I will get Putin on this program and we will get Donald elected.”
    https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...-memos-reveal-lies-cohen-and-manafort/577675/

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

cml reads them like Trump reads his daily briefings.

Reading is for "dumb" liberals.

but Conservatives aka non-readers are the "smart" ones.

8. Buck Turgidson

Reading has a liberal bias.

9. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Investigation isn’t done. Reading between the lines suggest ... well here is my current opinion.

What we know so far is already quite a bit. Enough to make some sounds opinions.

1- trump and co lies 1000000x about involvement with Russia
    2- Russian gov hacked dnc and stole info that they used to not just interfere with our election, but to help trump get elected.
    3- Russian approached trump people mulitples times (his private lawyer, his son, ...) [who all lied about it initially]
    4- trump is a shaddy guy who doesn’t seem to understand or care to understand the laws... he pushed the boundaries to cheat on tax, he consipried with his lawyer committing felonies, he pushed his cabinets to do things that aren’t legal, he defrauded customers and contractors and so on...

Now ask yourself an honest question. When Russia people approached him, do you think he shut that down or take up the offer? We already know that he didn’t report it to fbi, as he should have from the very beginning.

Based on his behaviors, I think he jumped at the offer. I think Mueller is already convinced. What’s left is can he prove it legally?

That’s my current opinion given what we already know publicly. Of course, there is the possibility that trump saw that as crossing a line or is too risky and didn’t take up the offer. It wouldn’t fit his pattern, but it’s possible.

a la rockets and FranchiseBlade like this.
  11. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

This is a very entertaining thread.

Down with trump by any means necessary!

Signed,
    Karen McDougal #1 fan

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We know that Trump's campaign agreed to meet with them to go over the possibilities.

13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Or you could actually look at the evidence.

14. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

You keep saying this as if the investigation is over and everything we’ll ever know on the topic has already been revealed. It’s not, and that question isn’t answered yet one way or the other.

15. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

That fine female Russian sure has a cozy history with a good chunk of the GOP leadership.

Go to the tweet to see all the pics.

Fullcourt likes this.
  16. adoo

adoo Member

not the same.

Per the taped conversation between Trump (the party nonominee) & Cohen, the hush payments were to cover up the info (from ~ 10 yrs ago) to influence the election

as for the john edwards case, the donors who paid the mistress directly testified that the payment was not about helping his campaign to be the party nominee. Instead, they said the main goal was to hide the affair from his cancer-stricken wife, Elizabeth, who died in 2010. Edwards made the same assertion in his defense.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/el...tories-about-women-sound-john-edwards-n894456

17. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

John Bolton has apparently had extensive communications with Butina. This could maybe shine more light on him and Cambridge Analytica.

No Worries likes this.
  18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I mean I guess but we both know that isn’t true. He was using the donors money for the cover up which makes it look worse for me. They aren’t just giving out money to stop his wife from finding out but whatever lol. I think the whole thing is a bit ridiculous and a stretch. I guess the main difference is the origin of the funds. To me it would seem the Edwards case was a bit worse since it wasn’t his money.

Anyhow I think we can both agree that both Trump and Edwards are scumbags with women.

19. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Hypothetically speaking, Trump loses 2020 and the Mueller investigation has not wrapped up.

Should Mueller continue to investigate? If not, at what point should we expect Mueller to wrap up?

We can all agree the perpetual Benghazi hunt stayed long past its time.

20. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

True but if they had a smoking gun they wouldn't let The Donald keep running the country.