1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[The Otto Porter Movement] First it was just an afterthought, then came the movement, and now....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by steddinotayto, Nov 16, 2018.

1. aroundtheblock2

Ryno was always dead weight against the warriors unless he shot incredibly well above his career averages.

2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Plus Morey has been known to be a Bazemore fan. I agree he far more of a realistic possibility. BK plus a pick might get that deal done. They save money and have about 5 mil more in cap space next year if they do that deal.

3. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Bro, theyADDED Demarcus cousins. No one is beating them without Steph curry being injured. The rockets don’t have enough for a title. It’s not just beating GS. The east champion will be extremely tough also.

4. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

The Rox will not have any cap space next year.

steddinotayto likes this.
  5. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea, in the end this is really just about money. Alright I will tell you right now, Bazemore WILL NOT get it done against the Warriors, Porter might actually get us there and for that yea its worth the money.

As for your point 3....uhhh just last year Porter had TS% over 60 and shot the 3 at 44% on 4 attempts per game. Baze shot 39% from 3 on the same attempts and had a true shooting of over 54%. That is a MASSIVE difference. Porter is so so much better than Bazemore. In our system Porter would most likely be better than Gordon, hell last year he was better than Gordon.

6. BigBum

BigBum Member

JR is a better player than Ennis and Clark in the playoffs. JR can create the new chemistry in the playoffs.

It is a lot of easier to trade JR than Knight in February. It also save Tilman $30 million next season if dumping Knight.

For Tilman, the most important thing is to dump Knight.

7. aroundtheblock2

Based on what?

How do you know this?

8. fattz

fattz Member

We don’t need a big name & contract to man the wing for us. Ennis types are fine plus they are a dime a dozen. Harden, Paul and Capela (to a lesser degree) are the stars. The rest are just roles. We don’t need and want an all star team. Yes better players can do more things but 2/5 of the team is all ready all-world. What makes Clark so good is his fit and function. He like most players didn’t make the draft because there are only so many spots each year. Those spots go to upside & potential. We don’t need what a player maybe one day. We need the here and now players. We need hungry, coachable get the job done now players. We need yes sir and do it players. Salty, glad they have a job, kick the opponent’s teeth in to keep their job type players. The g league has this type of talent. This will also bring a winning successful spirit to the team.

Air Canada and IvanLCPM like this.
  9. aroundtheblock2

Hilarious. You def havent been watching the NBA the last few years. JR Smith was a huge reason the Cavs had one of the worst defenses in the league . As a significant piece to the Cavs, with a lot of playing time next to one of the best players in the league, the Cavs went 1-8 against the warriors the last 2 years. JR is not only a locker room issue, but hes a mega liability if you want a team that plays hard on both ends of the floor.

JR Smith is a clown.

Air Canada likes this.
  10. HP3

HP3 Member

Based on their stats, simple as that. I didnt believe it at first, but @justtxyank showed me the stats awhile back ago.

11. BigBum

BigBum Member

JR is not the reason Cavs got swept, so is Melo.

Without JR, Cavs got swept too.

12. HP3

HP3 Member

Talent wins in this league. I guess this really shows how you dont really value guys like Goron, Tucker and Capela, all of whom are super role players and our best players after our stars. Players like that are not just dime a dozen they just arent. And Porter is a here and now player by the way.

Not to mention, you are really underestimating the warriors.

13. aroundtheblock2

JR was terrible against the Warriors, he was one of the main reasons the Cavs got swept. You haven't been paying attention if you think otherwise. There were some very key moments that highlighted the liability that JR Smith is. That doesnt even factor in the season long locker room issue that he is.

We need younger and more athletic, not older and more dramatic.

JR Smith is 33, hes only getting worse and he still has 2 years left on his deal. I'll take Bazemore all day everyday over Jr "soup thrower" Smith.

14. BigBum

BigBum Member

Cavs asked 76ers to give them a First pick for Korver.

In my book, Korver is worth around 40th pick.

15. aroundtheblock2

One guy has played alongside one of the more elite ball distributors in the league while the other has not.

16. aroundtheblock2

No hes not. He is horrible defensively and hes 37 years old. We need 2 way guys and that's non-negotiable.

napalm06 likes this.
  17. BigBum

BigBum Member

You can do top 28 protected First for JR.

You have to do top 14 protected for Bazemore.

JR is cheaper. I am not sure Hawks want to take Knight contract. In summer, they are not interested in taking more money.

18. HP3

HP3 Member

I'd rather have the guy who's already proven his potential with an elite scorer than one who hasnt. Otto Porter playing in a Dantoni system instead of Scott Brooks one is like night an day. Unless you think Bazemore can be better than Gordon too?

19. BigBum

BigBum Member

I'd trade Knight for a player that is very, very available. I don't plan to trade Knight for 25-yr old all-star Beal.

20. BigBum

BigBum Member

I take Porter ahead of Bazemore (expiring)

Tilman takes Bazemore ahead of Porter, at least $100 million more profit next 3 years. (no Knight involves)