1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

this year is gonna suck

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Samiam1234, Oct 15, 2018.

1. amaru

amaru Member

How many games did Luc play against the Warriors?

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not too early for a reverse jinx.

3. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

"Dont ever underestimate the heart of a garm thread" - Rudy P

roslolian and hakeem94 like this.
  4. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

I apologize to all; I really didn't intend to get a rise out of anyone.. I did preface it by saying it could be an astros loss, that had me feeling this way. But I have been very upset by how warriors are allowed to build a Monstars type team and how we have possibly somewhat digressed..

malakas likes this.
  5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

You are unnecessarily being pessimistic OP. Our offense is better, but our defense has not dropped dramatically. In fact it's fairly close to the last season. Right now, the newcomers need time to gel together with our superstars and vets. I'm including Capela as a young vet too.

We have better depth as compared to the time when we entered the playoffs. Morey and Tilman know we aren't perfect by any means. I think we might be able to get better with a trade by the February deadline with a bit of luck.

The regular season is important, but we don't have to win 65 games or even be the first seed in order to go deep into the playoffs.

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

There is no reason to apologize for stating your concerns. We all know GS is a formidable challenge. We should remember that they are not invincible. CP is in great shape and Harden is very motivated.

xaos likes this.
  7. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Astros are still winning in 5 though? Outside of a shaky first inning start by Cole and ONE stupid lucky bounce from that JBD double is what did us. The Sox and their fans know they can't beat us. We have 3 at home with Keuchel and Morton, both of whom I trust, regardless of what others say.

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

I think this season will be great...I just have a feeling

9. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Dude, my vibes are quite the contrary.

This is going to be a championship banner type of year. Against pretty good odds, I believe Morey upgraded the team. Melo, MCW and the rest of the newcomers have more talent than Ariza and the prince.

We might not be as good defensively, but as long as the Rockets are top 10 in that regard, they will more than compensate by having a more even scoring firepower. Our bench now plays faster than the starters and it will feast on other team's second team.

10. Hoothrewpoo

Hoothrewpoo Member

Now may be a good time to look up the definition of "digressed". Also, Gordon is signed through 2020... Finally, The Astros lost the game 7-5 IN Boston... after winning the first game 7-2. I think they feel pretty good about the way things went.

11. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

thanks, my apology is for using "suck" in the title, I get how that would piss people off, but it wasn't my intention, just a bad word choice.

Invisible Fan and saleem like this.
  12. sholaemmanuel

sholaemmanuel Member

Take your pessimism out of here. What did GSW did off season to make you so high on them? Boogie Cousin? That's asinine. Do you know they lost their bigs too? David West is gone, Javale Mcgee is gone. Laugh all you want, these two gave them something in the year's past that they did not replace. Iggy is also older, Curry is older as well. You think Rockets are the only team overtaken by father time? One of their key rotation piece still not re-signed. So, what's the fuss about? At least we replaced Trez and Luc with something. Last year's Rockets defense was by comity and expect the same this year. All your 'heaven is falling on the Rockets' nonsense got to stop. If you don't want to watch the Rockets this year, move to the bay area but leave the Rockets alone. Tired of your pessimism and ranting already. The Rockets will be fine and without you too. You could have fooled me as a Rockets fan; you sound more like a GSW fan boy. The way I see it, the Rockets will find ways to win ball game. We may not win 65 games but we may just be close to it. 65 wins is not the gold standard and not all and be all. The goal is find ways to beat whomever is in their path - - be it GSW or Boston, or Spur to be the last team standing for the Championship. My optimism may not get us there but surely will encourage our guys. Less can be said for your pessimism which I believe will demoralize the team assuming our guys are pessimist like you are. But from what I saw in these guys, and heard them say, they are as optimistic to win it all this year. I believe in their optimism and I refused to buy in to your pessimism.

13. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Morey has said multiple times before that that you are trying to get as much offense on the floor as possible while trying to remain relevant on defense. That’s why the stretch 4 destroys the traditional 4. Offense > Defense.

14. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Ease off tough guy.
    If the dude is concerned with the team and wants to voice his opinion he can do so freely here. And that’s not just a response to you but all others telling him he doesn’t belong here.

Wanna convince him we’re going to be great, go for it. Shut it with the “move to the Bay Area”.

A Rockets’ fan can be as pessimistic as he wants. He’s not out here calling other Rockets’ fans idiots (despite some deserving of it.)

15. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

I'm going to make it real easy to understand.

Melo > Ryan Anderson

Ennis = Ariza

MCW = Luc

Ez.

16. juanm34

juanm34 Member

All these boring wins might suck this year...:confused:

17. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets are not going to win 65 games again.

The Rockets defense will not be as good as last year.

The Rockets offense will be even better.

The Rockets upgraded with Ennis over Luc. The reality is that Luc was often hurt and ineffective down the stretch. Ennis will be a better offensive player and likely help the defense more because he is likely to be healthy and not playing scared.

The Rockets offense could use improving, they did not score well down the stretch in the playoffs against GS. The defense on the other hand was more than good enough to beat the Warriors.

Also, the Rockets will add another good wing before the deadline that will likely off set Ariza. To me the issue is going to be the health of the Rockets and also if the defensive misses their top assistant coach.

Richie_Rich and saleem like this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Everyone is a year older, the thing with GSW is for what is worth, they have more than couple championship rings to show for the aging.

#38 daywalker02, Oct 15, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  19. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Did you even watch the preseason, bro? Ennis, MCW and Gary Clark all looked like plus defenders.

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Next year WILL suck, but only because it will feel like it takes forever. After last season we will be anxious to get to the playoffs. We all know what it's about next year.