1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. basketballholic

Was told we've discussed toliver. It's hi big deal. We've discussed lots of players. Of course we'd love Taj. But taj will cost assets. We're not doing that. Other priorities.

2. basketballholic

Wcs is a knuckle head. But he's a better defender than Clint and would be adequate if we trade CC.

3. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

4. Chamillionaire

Yeah... I doubt that.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

lmfao

You try too hard, man. Why do you do this too yourself?

King1, Deuce, MorningZippo and 7 others like this.
  6. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

To get responses like yours bruh

Chamillionaire and hakeem94 like this.
  7. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Ok well that’s not what you said.

You said that “Ant” in Codmans post means Tolliver when Cod clearly said it meant Taj.

We have literal receipts of this, it’s unfathomable why you are trying to spin zone your way out of this.

craguin, Game7, majicdonjuan and 10 others like this.
  8. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Is it that much of a difference whether he’s lying about sources or someone using sources that are full of s**t. Same result.
    You guys just end up posting in response to BS.

malakas likes this.
  9. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Anyone notice how when people don’t believe the real insiders or troll them, they basically dip out and say “if you don’t believe me or come me I’m just gonna bounce for a while”

Meanwhile, nobody believes @basketballholic and he keeps on giving unsolicited “information”

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

the desperate need for attention and to be viewed as an insider is beyond pathetic

the only thing he’s hearing are the voices in his head...1 of his split personalities must be his “source”

11. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Just an FYI:

Ears EVERYWHERE are telling me that this Jimmy roll-out is going to be a disaster.

MGMT and Jim's Team (one of who I know named Slim) said something to the effect,"We will be the distraction for however long it takes."

Jimmy wants out, and unless he's a sociopath, his practices, comments and defecating on teammates says the same.

Miami has NEVER been out of the game; They're continuing to lower Jim's value

LAC wants a star on that roster by any means

SAC IS calling

Houston wants Jimmy by giving Heat/LAC/SAC guys and taking back DEPTH.

Those are some of my good Ears.

If things change for Jimmy, Great. But today is NO different than yesterday.

I'm beginning to get annoyed.

Can we have Toby instead ;)

12. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

This thread is like one of those horror movies that is taking toooooo long to end! Everyone is dead already and it still continues on ...:eek:

#6592 BamBam, Oct 15, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Grievance will drive people beyond where it’s good for themselves to go. Trying so hard to create an existence where people are forced to give him the respect he feels he deserves. Pretty sad.

14. basketballholic

Ant is tollivee. He's one of the ancillary pieces we had a chance of getting. I say had a chance. But I think it was probably some sort of salary matching. I see no court value for is. Minny views taj as an asset worthy of a pick. Tollive is acquirable. No trade value. I shouldn't have to explain this. It's really common sense.

15. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Lastly, until I'm "welcomed back in" by News:

This is a petty reply, and I admittedly will regret wasting my time on this, instead of listening to Joe Budden's podcast, but I prefer the clarity. And, I prefer telling the truth whenever an Ear/myself is wrong (See: Melo in NY before the OKC swap)

Gibson is called "Ant" in his CLOSEST circles. I shouldn't even mention this but, welp, i'm on borrowed time by the man up stairs.

From Chicago, to OKC and Minny, Gibson was first called "ANTI" by his closest circle. From his early days, people didn't believe he'd make it in this league. He took the doubt and adopted and "ANTI". Do some research on his story and you can find how he speaks on his roots and that he wouldn't make an impact in the league.

When we almost traded fro him and DOugie Buckets, it was because he has the same blood as Tuck. He is the ANTI of what the league thinks is beautiful on paper. In reality, he's EVERYTHING you want out of a bench or starting PF. Dependable on both ends and gives less than a F about his personal accolades. You think he'd stay in Minny if that were the case? Thibs has had his numbers decline in many areas in both Chi and Minny. Interesting....wait, sorry, Thibs, You forgot that TOWNS is a dominant post player, but in the playoffs, you spaced him on the corner three in TUck's spot. (####stoooooopid in the Tekashi 69 voice...for #thekids....i'm trying to be young, again) Fail? haha, just good vibes this morning, right? Love you and yours :) )

Again, Taj was the ANTI PF. He would score, rebound etc. BUT, he has NEVER demanded shots and he ALWAYS cleans up the mess without question.

He has been called Taj by fans and outside his circle. You can also reference Jimmy interviews when he says "ANT" and that was before Mr. Tolliver.

Speaking of Tolliver: His TRUE NBA nickname is "A-Train." That is from his mouth, not my speculation. See his interview as a member of the Pistons. I'm not providing a link out of respect to Clutch and Clickbait (Though, I'm still a bit mediocre in my understanding of how impactful that can be...."

Why "A-Train" . Well, Mr. Brightside: Tolliver has been everywhere in the league. He is a journey man like our own legend--one of my favorite guys to talk to privately-- Jim Jackson. Tolliver has bounced from team to team:

San Antonio Spurs
    2008Austin Toros
    2009 Iowa Energy
    2009 Galatasaray Cafe Crown
    2009 Idaho Stampede
    2009 Portland Trail Blazers
    2010 Idaho Stampede
    2010 Golden State Warriors
    20102012 Minnesota Timberwolves
    2012–2013 Atlanta Hawks
    2013–2014 Charlotte Bobcats
    2014 Phoenix Suns
    20142016 Detroit Pistons
    2016–2017 Sacramento Kings
    2017–2018 Detroit Pistons
    2018–present Minnesota Timbershi*s

Why? Minutes and Money.

He's a great role player, but he doesn't add anything to what we already have. Also, Tolliver's closest circle calls him Tolly or "Atom" because of his quality, but being overlooked on paper and the bench, like a tiny "atom". (Lord, Bill Nye is upset with that explanation of an atom haha)

Bigger Point:
    Jimmy can push his way out (I expect this), or MGMT will accommodate trades to make him happy. Stupid MGMT choice for a rental who will leave. Tolliver is mentioned because he is not Jimm'ys friend. No enemy or anything like that, but Tolly is closer to guys like Tyus and minute-waiters.

Did Houston look at Tolly? Yup, but Ennis was the target based on money, Tuck's blessing and from and EAR: MDA has an affinity for his game, and Morey sees him being a younger,athletic version of Trev (Miss you bud, if you're reading)

Also, nicknames aren't that important, but in the least, I think we're all intelligent enough to understand that Nicknames are important in the NBA as reference points. ANT would not want another guy to take his nickname that has sentimental, motivating value.

Also, X2: Roast me, pray for my collapse, but understand:

I have never BSed anything i've heard. Have I been cryptic? Yes, because as you all can infer, SO MANY "upper," "Power Players" read Clutchfans for information from Clutch, Cyber, Will and the rest of what I call the innovators of fan sites. This is the best (no suck up) just being honest (again)

Also X3: When a trade/ transaction goes through, and it's easy to say" I told you so" when your source really is only Hoopshype, EspnINSIDER and some other crap, Non Clutchfans board. Luck and coincidences are cool, but they're just that. /rant

Final Also: This week will show Jimmy's true colors. Watch the bench, his body language and if he defers to cat. One Ear said he's going to score minimally, but give up the all to guys like KAT and WIgs to show his (Jim's) value. It's a calculated move by his team. I like it from a methodological lens, but it's dangerous. Also, Jim may switch his demands in interviews, BUT he wants out. PERIOD. Minny is playing with fire by letting him log in another minute. Oh wait, that's all Thibs doing---to win Jimmy back. But you don't win Jimmy back. Jimmy was homeless. Why does that matter? Desperation for him is different based on his developed wavelengths from trauma. Watch for some odd Jimmy plays, if Minny is stupid enough to play him. He may help his team win, but so what? He's wants OUT.

Lastly, Jimmy is pushing his team/MGMT to package him with ANT (sorry, Taj if you must) because that's his only loyalty on that team. Thibs pretends, but Thibs is done. He may have this season, but circles/ears say he's near the George Karl level of destruction and player mgmt.

****Jimmy will later (one day) attribute his lingering injuires to Minny (thibs and____) for not allowing him to heal. He wasn't even ready to play us in the playoffs. He was "forced" aka begged by Ja Rule---err THibs.

Okay, I'm exiting now. Excited to see what unfolds. Excited for Cyber to tell it like it TRULY is (and guys with some good intel that I respect immensely based on whatever they have access to: CH44/Nook/ and anyone who hears Stevie Franchise type stuff at the mall.) I love all of you.

Happy Monday. Love your friends and family. Life is short...and quality of life is, well, complicated.

XO

-Cod

#6595 Codman, Oct 15, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  16. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

If Toby is Tobias Harris then yes please..

DonKnock and Codman like this.
  17. basketballholic

I have no problem that tajs nickname is anti. I have no problem that butler wants taj to go with him. But that's one part of the deal that became impossible for us and tolliver was discussed instead. Minny is not looking to accommodate Butler's demands that taj go out with him. They're putting a premium on taj. Justifiably so. They will gladly include tolliver with dieng or Wiggins for cap relief.

18. topfive

topfive CF OG

Well, that settles that. :)

Thanks for all the great info, @Codman. You're greatly appreciated around these circles. Sending good healing thoughts your way.

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Come on, everyone, Holic has a Slip 'n' Slide!

Zboy, King1, luckyman76 and 12 others like this.
  20. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

This thread has turned into utter trash.

I wish we could just ban anyone but Cyber from commenting.