1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Don't try it with Nene :

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He had him in a Thai clinch, Nene could have ended his ass with knees to the stomach, chest, or face if he wanted to and there's nothing Butler could have done about it.

3. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

People always forget about Rodman taking his shoes off and quitting on the Spurs during the Rockets series. He forced himself out of SA and ended up in Chicago.

https://www.nytimes.com/1995/10/03/...-rodman-is-dealt-from-spurs-to-the-bulls.html

slothy420, D-rock, Deckard and 2 others like this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

To be fair it is more that he is not assertive and viewed as soft by other players and coaches and those are really bad labels to have in the NBA. Players don’t respect players they view as meek. Doesn’t mean he isn’t a good person or productive player, just when push comes to shove, he isn’t going to lead.

HP3, DonKnock and saleem like this.
  5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

If this is true, then it's not worth going after Butler.

clutchdabear likes this.
  6. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Because he could bring the Kardashian chick?

7. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's not the team/circus making him look soft.

8. HP3

HP3 Member

Hmmm, one thing I'm wondering about, when KG was with the Wolves all of the young guys really responded positively to him. And everyone knows KG is one of the most intense guys ever. So I dont get why things didnt work out with Butler.

clutchdabear and RudyTBag like this.
  9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jimmy Butler is more Kobe than KG.

KG finds a way to get the best out of everyone. Jimmy expects you to work as hard as he does. If you don't, he is going to demoralize you.

To be honest, I don't have a problem with either approach, but then again I'm not a lazy, heartless, sackless bag of ass.

clutchdabear, HP3, adw and 1 other person like this.
  10. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

A lot of you posters rag on the media but have fully bought in to the media narrative on this one. KAT is so soft. Jimmy is fierce. Like Kobe. Not only the media narrative but that hope you all have in the back of your minds about us getting Jimmy is helping drive your thinking.

I’m not saying KAT is the fiercest competitor or that Jimmy is a diva, but it’s definitely somewhere in the middle.

Not going to respond to anything regarding this post but wouldn’t shock me if Jimmy ends up in Miami to be just another Eastern pretender none of you will be praising Jimmy by seasons end and will probably think KAT is a pretty nice player.

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

that sounds like fan fiction...I don’t believe that

arabrocket, jch1911, HP3 and 3 others like this.
  12. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

The media didn’t tell me KAT was soft. Capela did when he punked him for 5 games straight.

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

someone asks this Twitter clown BasketballRehab if it’s true and this is his response...

stop posting this fool...Butler banging KAT’s girl is nothing but social media gossip and unsubstantiated rumor to begin with...this dude is just trying to get his follower count up by pretending to be an insider

Zoplicone, saleem and DonKnock like this.
  14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Everyone responded positively to KG?? :confused:. Uh, not quite. lulz. Are we talking the same KG?

KAT and Wiggins have Max contracts, and were there first. It's a little different situation to KG being the franchise prior to guys like Wally showing up, and KG promptly punching him in practice. KG berated a lot of guys, very poorly.

"Kevin destroyed him," Rivers says. "It was mean-spirited." resulting in trading the guy.

"Just because someone doesn't play with the same fire as KG, it doesn't mean they're soft," Billups says. "It also doesn't mean they don't care, but in KG's raving, crazy mind, that's how he sees it. If he sees something one time, that's what he believes in, no matter what. That's not always great for a leader, I admit that, but that's who he is."​

D-rock, Nook, clutchdabear and 2 others like this.
  15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Jimmy Butler would beat the stuffing out of Nene. Nene just surprised him with that grab.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

17. today

today Contributing Member

@Codman, does this have any credence or is it just a bunch of hogwash?

18. HP3

HP3 Member

Sorry, not what I meant. I specifically meant when he went back to Minnesota at the end of his Career. I know KG is an a hole. I personally dont like him at all. I actually didnt know that he did that to Wally Thanks for the article btw haha, its good to go back and look at history.

As for KAT and Wiggins...yea that makes sense. Apparently they didnt really respect Jimmy like they did KG in addition to already having their max contracts.

heypartner likes this.
  19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

KAT? Is that you?

20. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

Looks like Jimmy has been telling them he wants out all summer long.

Also “that’s a really good team by the way” is interesting to go out of the way to say.