1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Cowboys @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 2, 2018.

1. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Hopkins is just plain good. No words. Just none.

2. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Okay, but other than that when was the last time the Texans won on prime time. :D

macho GRANDE likes this.
  3. Nimo

Nimo Member

That should have said Dunta Robinson but...Rick Smith.

HstnSprtsFan101 likes this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Can't be because protests. An orange guy told me so.

Admittedly, I was just happy that they weren't an embarrassment on national tv again. Getting the win, doing it over the cowboys, and doing it in spite of more terrible coaching made it pretty sweet. That was an epic Houston sports weekend. UH, Astros, Sam HOUSTON, Rockets, and even add in the Aggies and Longhorns to a pretty great weekend.

I love Watson but he's gotta stop taking those hits. He will not make it through the season. If Fuller was healthy enough, I'm guessing they just used him as a decoy to open up things underneath. He was pretty silent yesterday (2 catches for 15 yds) and ended his streak of games with Watson throwing him a td.

joshuaao and BigShasta like this.
  6. Sajan

Sajan Member

BOB tried everything to lose that game yesterday including trying to get Watson killed.

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. HstnSprtsFan101

Mathieu, Reid & Kareem were flying around making big plays all night. McKinneys best game of the season. JJ & Clowney did their thing. It was the Cowboys offense but hopefully this is the start of improved defensive play. They were playing with a swagger last night that you love to see.

Kayvon went down after two plays. Hopefully it’s something minor but we need to be searching for help. Going to be hard to depend on him

BigShasta likes this.
  9. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

When was the last time Texans blew out somebody on prime time ?

Last time Texans got blown out on prime time ?

#1129 Houstunna, Oct 8, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  10. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Nah... Grover Quinn, but McNair

11. AB423

AB423 Member

Biggest crowd ever to NRG 72,000. Too bad my section sucked ass.. they told my friend to sit down so they could see. Bunch of old boring grandpas need to stay home and watch the game on tv instead.

12. Nimo

Nimo Member

That Grover sure could fly

[​IMG]

13. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Why we keep dwelling in the past. Didn't we just win last night in a primetime game?

That's all that matters.

Moving right along

No Worries likes this.
  14. mario_v

mario_v Member

I love all the arm chair qbs criticizing Obrien. It's funny when Texans led the league in scoring for the first half of last season, Obrien got none of the credit, but now when they're struggling he gets all of the blame.

The guy is literally in a no win situation. Win or lose, people will find something to complain about.

No Worries likes this.
  15. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Good hard fought win last night. We should've won convincingly but we got to give the Cowboys redzone defense tons of credit.

16. Nimo

Nimo Member

Nah. That ain't it. Deshaun has gotten called out when he played bad. Kevin Johnson has gotten called out. Cunningham. Clowney. Mercilus. They've all taken blame. When the play-calling is what is in question, yes, the coach will get the blame. Pete Carrol got blamed for his decision to pass instead of running it in. Reich got blamed for going for it on 4th and 4 in overtime. Garrett is getting blamed for punting on 4th and 1 in overtime. Coaches will get blamed for coaching decisions. No, O'Brien is not in a no-win situation. 1 for 5 in the redzone is pretty bad and needs to be fixed. He himself admitted it.

And not only did O'Brien get credit because of leading the league in scoring (with a losing record) for half a season; he got an extension because of it.

Htownballer38 and Bobbythegreat like this.
  17. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Cunningham with the big stop to make it 4th and 1

coachbadlee likes this.
  18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We beat the Bills this week, there is a decent chance we are tied for first.

DD

19. mario_v

mario_v Member

No. I specifically remember most fans, media, and this forum certainly did not give Obrien any credit for the offense last year. The whole narrative was Deshaun makes Obrien look like a competent coach. Or "we'll be fine as long as Obrien doesn't get in the way and screw things up with his terrible playcalling."

I also think it's laughable that he gets no credit for helping Watson in his preparation and development as a rookie qb, but "qb guru" andy reid gets all the credit for developing mahomes

No Worries and csj like this.
  20. Pringles

Pringles Member

The goal is to win a championship. I don't care if BoB gets us to the playoffs every year if we just get dismantled in the first round. There seems to be a good chance we won't even make the playoffs this season, but thankfully the AFC South is looking terrible again.

At this time, do you blame Gaines for our struggles this season? The players? Whose in charge of drafting and signing these players? BoB deserves the criticism he is receiving right now. It's year 4, and the fans are tired of hearing, "It's on me."