1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

Not saying you're wrong on anything here, and like i said i like him too, but if he was so good he would've played more than 25 minutes per game right? Regardless, there were way more expectations on him, and after 3 (point taken) seasons i don't see a player that got much better, certainly not as much as i expected. Being young doesn't necessarily mean that much, a lot of players "are young" for years but they don't end up being as good as expected, if you trade for Winslow as today you trade for what he is now, not for what he can eventually become.

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Cant package Knight in trade right now.

amaru likes this.
  3. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Butler is not as good a defender as Tucker. Minnesota had a trash defense last year. I understand what you're saying and usually I'd agree, but against GS far and away the most important thing is defense for us when we have Harden CP3 Gordon and Melo holding it down on offense. If Butler can guard Draymond or KD like Tucker can, then maybe. But I haven't seen anything from him to support that.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

You should win an Oscar for that portrayal of BBH. I forgot for a minute that you are topfive. How did you do that!?

D-rock, Batman Jones, topfive and 2 others like this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

Butler was 2nd Team All-Defense last year

guys shot 1.8% lower than their season average when guarded by him, and he’s guarding stars/the best scorer on the opposing team every night

also, the Wolves had an above average defense when he was on the court, it was worst in the league when he was off

[​IMG]

D-rock and seeingred like this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

because @topfive is just a @heypartner 's burner account

D-rock, BigMaloe and topfive like this.
  7. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

At this rate Minnesota might not trade him by the 31st. It would benefit us if that’s the case, but I doubt he isn’t traded by the start of the season.

D-rock likes this.
  8. lionaire

lionaire Member

Capela is regarded as a top 5 center on here but he only played 27 min last year btw. Justise was a 10th overall pick. He's turned out better than basically every player chosen ahead of him besides KAT and KP. He's visibly shown improvement since being drafted. He's shown he could be a productive player when he's healthy and gets minutes. A guy that can defend 4/5 positions, handle the rock and developing a reliable shot is somehow capped out on his potential at 22? And you think Brogdon, who was one of the worst guards in the league last year is better? lmfaooo

basketballholic and justtxyank like this.
  9. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

On that Wolfson podcast earlier he said to not expect a trade until the Wolves get back from their road trip. That is the most likely time for the trade.

If it goes past that, anything could happen tbh.

D-rock, BigMaloe, Vivi and 5 others like this.
  10. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

When is that?

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

Capela had a problem with stamina though.

Look, it might be laughable that i said that Brogdon did better than Winslow so far, but saying that Brogdon was one of the worst guards in the league is even more laughable, for me at least ;) and don't put in my mouth words i didn't said, please, i never said Winslow has peaked already, i just said there's no guarantee he'll get better, thanks.

12. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Yeah I know. Have to wait til the end of the month.

D-rock likes this.
  13. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Think he said 2 days from now.

Update: TWolves play Clippers tonight.

malakas likes this.
  14. HP3

HP3 Member

Team: No PJ no deal LOL

15. lionaire

lionaire Member

For guards that played as many minutes as Brogdon, he was among the worst in RPM. His defense was especially bad. Also your claim that a team trading for a 22 year old to only contribute now and not for the future is stupid.

D-rock likes this.
  16. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

They play in LA tonight then they should be on a flight back after that.

DonKnock likes this.
  17. HP3

HP3 Member

To be fair, Brogdon had injuries that were affecting his play from what I understand. Not arguing one way or another.

Sidenote: Damn, I did not know Winslow was only 22.

18. topfive

topfive CF OG

Hmm...

[​IMG]

19. lionaire

lionaire Member

Good point. In that case the same should apply to Justise.

HP3 likes this.
  20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

no rubio?

theres no way Holic and BigBum are the same person, if they are then he deserves Oscar for acting or its a multiple personalities disorder

clutchdabear likes this.