1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[PowerLine] Liberals Are Crazy. Will Voters Notice? (Kevin McHale controversy)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Jun 21, 2018.

1. conquistador#11

To the OP what is your definition of a liberal, wouldn't that rationale make you the same as the liberal you hate? Some of you only see the world in black and white. there are at least 7 million colors to the naked eye.

Unless Kevin Mchale is out there screaming blood and soil no one should care where he stands politically.

2. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

if you find a racist tweet that has hundreds of likes the only thing you have proven is the person who tweeted and the people who liked the tweet are racists. What is your point?

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I thought the point was quite simple.

If you find a radical-leftists tweet that has hundreds of likes the only thing you have proven is that the person who tweeted and the people who liked the tweet are radical leftists.

B-Bob and SF3isBack!! like this.
  4. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

sometimes things are true whether you want them to be or not.

“The government contended that Trump Management had refused to rent or negotiate rentals ‘because of race and color,’ ” The Times reported. “It also charged that the company had required different rental terms and conditions because of race and that it had misrepresented to blacks that apartments were not available.”

#44 SF3isBack!!, Jun 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  5. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

O’Donnell described a dinner conversation with Trump in which, he writes, they discussed Trump Plaza’s financial executive, who was black. He quoted Trump as saying he never liked the man and believed he was not doing a good job. Trump’s conversation is recounted:

“And isn’t it funny. I’ve got black accountants at Trump Castle and Trump Plaza. Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes every day. . . . I think the guy is lazy. And it’s probably not his fault because laziness is a trait in blacks. It really is, I believe that. It’s not anything they can control.”

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  6. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

I always thought John Stockton was a Kevin Mchale protege, so I was never real happy to have him as coach. As far as the politics, MAN.......the left and right are farther apart than ever. I expect real violence at the next presidential election. Regardless of who comes out to vote.

7. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

so if I give you an instance of Trump doing something that is the opposite of something a racist would do, would that make him not a racists

8. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

if I murdered you and I went home and made a child with my wife am I no longer a murderer? If a robbed a bank and then went on to buy groceries or purchase a home with the money am I no longer a thief? Trump ran on racist policies not really sure why you guys are so intent to play dumb this fiercely. It doesn't help your point it either makes you look dumb or really crazy. People who are not racist do not say and do things that I've just posted.

London'sBurning and R0ckets03 like this.
  9. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A pedophile who donates money to the Texas Children’s Hospital is still a pedophile.

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm asking you what you are supporting.

pretend like I'm not paying attention.

11. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

What you said is true, but I don't think it's right. McHale has worked with plenty of black people in his career and we have never heard any notion of racist tendencies about him. Just because he supports Trump doesn't mean he agrees with everything Trump does. There's gray area yet the ignorant will lump you into tribal camps.

This controversy is similar to the Kaepernick situation in my opinion. You have an individual taking an unpopular stance that brings marginal assets but with unrelated baggage. That individual is ostracized from the industry because of the baggage. Doesn't seem right.

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Then what are they supporting? I'm really trying to figure this out. Trump supporters want to say they don't support the racism, the tweets, the baby jails, the love of dictators and people who interfere with democracy. If they aren't supporting the majority of his antics, and want to be excluded from the more egregious parts of his presidency, what are they supporting? I seriously want to know.

if you support Donald Trump and don't like that you are being vilified for your support, help me understand what you are supporting. Why are you supporting him. I'm seriously curious.

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

The writer of that article clearly doesn't follow sports. This was the second time McHale's wife shut down her account, previous was after Les fired him. That's why ppl went looking for her and follow her. She's juicy news.

Willing to bet that Kevin himself made her shut down account both times.

Do your research, Hindracker, like Liberal media does.

SamFisher likes this.
  14. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

false equivalency

more like someone who is accused of pedophilia showing action that would counter the accusation.

15. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

stop with the false equivalency

16. Spooner

Spooner Member

Whatever someone's political beliefs might be, this statement fundamentally cannot be true.
    I swear its as if some people here studied logic at Trump university.

B-Bob and SF3isBack!! like this.
  17. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

You literally make no sense. Trump can't counter racist things he's done. the only way in which its false equivalency is if you totally ignore that fact that he's racist and thats basically what you're doing. you're ignoring the fact that he's racist and then offering to show instances where he's what? being nice to black people? THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT WE'RE DOING IN THE EXAMPLES GIVEN. Hence a pedophile being nice to children does not mean he/she's not a pedophile, nothing said pedophile does after committing the act of pedophilia makes them not a pedophile. You can't be this dense. this has to be some sort of an act.

18. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Your example as to why he is racist is something he was accused of, based on that logic I can point out examples of things that would counter that.
    So my question is what makes your example more credible than my examples.

19. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

No he wasn't accused he lost, he was guilty, proving that you only see what you want to see. there is something fundamentally wrong with you. unless we operate from a place where we start at Trump being clearly racist and leaning toward racist policy both well documented then Im gonna choose to ignore your posts from here on out, I have no intention continuing a conversation with someone who is in denial.

London'sBurning likes this.
  20. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

oh now he's policies are racists? I think I'm done talking to you at this point.