1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Why would you want to trade Harden after he finally started to play well in the playoffs.

If anything we should get rid of everyone else and just keep Harden and Capela.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  2. farhen

farhen Member

can't believe someone still comment on this r****ded thread so it appears again

RyanB likes this.
  3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I.D.I.O.T.

LUK3, Killatron 2000 and ryano2009 like this.
  4. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Please delete.

HakeemOnlyFan and RyanB like this.
  5. vonbock

vonbock Member

Ok so hold on to him until he becomes worthless in trade value. Knowing that he can never get past the 2nd round of playoffs? The one year they beat the clippers does not count, he was sitting on the bench when they made that miracle comeback.
    We can trade him for another superstar or a good player with multiple draft picks. Look, we traded Earl Campbell and Hakeem and got something. Otherwise we hold on to ones like Andre Johnson and get nothing back.

6. HakeemOnlyFan

HakeemOnlyFan Member

Wow. Really great take here.

Yes, of course, as a GM in the NBA, you're going to want to trade the MVP of the league who just entered his prime, no one is going to try to refute that. It's pretty much an unwritten rule that if you luck out and sign a player that miraculously becomes a generational talent, you're going to want to move on. Gotta get him the **** out of there, and do it directly as that talent begins to crescendo.

The absolute best time to do this, in my opinion, is after said MVP leads your team (which was quite significantly injury-riddled throughout the majority of the season) to by far the NBA's best record, and by consequence, ends up securing home court advantage throughout the entire postseason. Yep, the whole thing - all the way to the finals. And, while posting by far the NBA's best record, this MVP-led team also ended up shattering your franchise's single season win record... an entire month before the season was even over.

I mean, yeah, you trade the scrub. Give me Conley, Parsons, Bickerstaff and we good. All day.

Do you happen to have any other super bright ideas that will dramatically improve this team, Mr. Hawking? Please share if so.

ramotadab likes this.
  7. CCorn

CCorn Member

We should trade him for Joe English

8. topfive

topfive CF OG

EXACTLY! Let's not forget all those titles the Oilers and Rockets won because they traded those guys.

9. vonbock

vonbock Member

Sure, and if we held on to them, we can can keep playing them until the day they retire. I don't remember them doing anything after they left.

10. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

11. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Gordon getting no calls at all.

Transition D better improve quickly.

Oops wrong thread

whiskeyred and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  12. Game7

Game7 Member

Page 69!!!

ramotadab and tycoonchip like this.
  13. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Score

14. threepointshot3

You gutless lin fan. Harden ain’t getting trade fchowder, brewer goat, wylo, hardens beard and whatever other alternate accounts you use. Stop bumping this thread

vlaurelio likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

16. vonbock

vonbock Member

To all who say we shouldn't trade Harden, this is the perfect example. Twice in 2 years with embarassing blowouts.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  17. Rocketsdreamer

Stupid thread. Trading current MVP will be the dumpiest move in NBA history

18. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Houston traded Moses Malone .

**** , maybe no one can win vs the warriors and the smart move is to tank it out like philly and the astros did

19. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

It is weird, the amount of blow out games this post season

20. vonbock

vonbock Member

So we keep trading 1st round draft picks to try to put more players around Harden to lose to the Spurs and the Warriors. I am sure we could have lost to the Spurs without having to trade 1st rounder for Lou WIlliams. I am sure we could have beaten Minnesota, beaten the jazz, and lose to the Warriors without giving multiple players and picks to LAc for Paul. I agree, tank and get multiple draft picks like the Celtics. I agree, do like the Astros.