1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clint Capela is our REAL MVP

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by davee, May 6, 2018.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

false. beverley next to harden was not enough to lift the ceiling. good team but still an early exit in the playoffs still. cp3 lifts that ceiling. thats the difference. stop downplaying cp3. you're kidding yourself. its pretty awful you think he's that easily replaceable. you don't lift your ceiling dramatically with role players. you lift it by adding elite players and the role players follow suit. Toronto is the perfect example as noted all year

2. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I love seeing Capela crap all over Gobert and the Jazz. He's such a good kid and is becoming a star right in front of our eyes. He's just as good a defender as Gobert is and clearly has more potential on the offensive end. He has a really good touch around the rim. It's sad that a lot of our own fanbase underestimates his contributions offensively. He finishes a lot of shots that are actually extremely difficult, even if Harden and CP3 are giving him good looks. He makes it look much easier than it actually is.

3. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

oh, their are plenty of guards in the NBA who are better than beverley. beverley is not a pick and roll guard. i'm talking about one who can hit the three, play great D, and do pick and roll. i'm not downplaying CP3 at all, but he's replaceable. Clint is not. there are plenty of guards coming out of college every year who can play pick and roll.

4. jcmoon

this is correct. He gives harden, and paul the space to do their thing. Without him being such a great roll man, they wouldn't have the room to shoot.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

name them that would raise the ceiling to a championship team like cp3. of course you're downplaying him cause you think hes that replaceable. hes not

6. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Capela of last night is the best defender in the NBA sans Kawhi Leonard.

His ability to stay with guards in the perimeter and win those matchups is unheard of.

He literally destroyed Utah's offense this series. Its been incredible to see.

Hakeemtheking and Lurch like this.
  7. BackdoorHarden

I was wrong! I was wrong!@ This guy is the best Center in the NBA right now. I can't believe I wanted to trade him for DeAndre.

Clint is the best! Never seen someone dominate since The Dream.

Can't believe we had that stiff Howard on our team thinking he would save us, when we had the savior all along.

Howard continues to put up the big EMPTY stats that doesn't help team win, all Clint does help WIN WIN WIN

mockster and Hakeemtheking like this.
  8. BackdoorHarden

Watch Rudy and TTBoy Tristan Thompson, etc and you realize how great Clint is on offense. He makes it look easy.

A lot of big guys like Rudy and TTBOY Thompson can't even catch the ball. They look like goofball. Clint makes everything looks easy

9. marky :)

marky :) Member

Kind of disagree here. If you're saying CP3 at this point is replaceable then you are kind of downplaying him. For the role he is playing now, unless you are getting Curry/Lebron/etc, than he is not replaceable. CP3 brings a ton of experience and leadership that no rookie can give the Rockets. He is not here for only PnR plays.

RocketRed4life and mockster like this.
  10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Does that player even exist in the NBA. Can play the pnr, great shooter and play great D??

11. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Top 50 all-time Swiss player.

12. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Also note: no team tries to use the hack-a-clint

That's huge.

IndoRockets and saleem like this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah he does. he goes by the name cp3

14. jcmoon

i love it when someone says, "name them" on this board...i don't feel like it, LOL

15. jcmoon

that's why he gets torched by jeff teague

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

aka theres no such thing. thanks for proving our point. you obviously just can't admit it.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

might want to check those game logs again kid. what a stupid comment. i can see it was a waste of time even addressing a post from someone lacking to begin with. just another wannabe who wants to act like they know what they're talking about

18. mockster

mockster Member

BS, Paul’s defense and hustle can’t even be mimicked. He’s a pest on the floor and very good at defense. Everyone gives up baskets occasionally it’s gonna happen. Dude provides so much leadership on the defensive end

19. jcmoon

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

what an idiot. you could post a video of the worlds best defender getting scored on. go study for your finals @jcmoon

so game 3 only applies to your stupid logic. what about all the other games. oh those dont apply huh. a game where he had more turnovers than actual points. or another game where he couldn't even play enough minutes to warrant a full half bc he sucked that bad