1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Tracy McGrady] I wish in my day I could've had a terrible game like Harden and still win by 20

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Progs, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Yep, it's a damn shame...if he would've been healthy and Yao didn't get hurt in the playoffs that year we would've had a great chance to win it all. We were the only team that gave the Lakers a fight on their way to the championship. Hell, we had a great chance to beat them w/o Tmac.

daywalker02 and da_juice like this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I wish he would have listened to doctors and rehabbed his knee instead of optional microfracture which ended his career.

DD

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dayum right.

4. s3ts

s3ts Member

I don't know about this being a misfortune. How is it that Harden attracts so many star players to Houston, while T-Mac's teams have been built almost entirely from draft picks and trades for picks?

Based on the kind of trade that allowed us to net T-Mac, he could've definitely asked to get a trade done for another superstar. Or ask to get traded away from Houston, whatever he wants. We sat around while Big-3 teams were being created all over the league.

If Carroll Dawson is the problem, blame it straight on him. I don't need to hear T-Mac write off Yao Ming, Shane Battier, Luis Scola, Carl Landry, Aaron Brooks, or even Ron Artest... That's totally unfair to them.

5. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Tmac and Francis should only be posted in the NBA Dish.

They are not Rockets.

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Source required for this kind of conspiracy junk.

7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

TMac is easily one of the dumbest Rockets of all time in terms of the things that he says out loud. It's no wonder ESPN wanted him. A superstar with no filter and a lack of self-awareness? Ratings.

daywalker02 likes this.
  8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

He went 9 for 29 shots during game 2. McGrady average 23 shots during that series while shooting less than 40 percent.

9. Rockets4Life13

I don’t even feel like harden had that bad of a game. His shot wasn’t falling but that’s about it. Everything else was really good

saleem and noppeper like this.
  10. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

Say what you want about “The Toronto game”, his dealings with micro fracture surgery, and many of the stupid things he has said but I am in agreement with T-MC on this comment. If T-Mac had gone 2 for 18 in a playoff game on the teams he was on they would have lost by at least 20. I also agree with something another poster said that if T-Mac had played like that he would have been pouting by the 3rd quarter and wouldnt have done other things that Harden did to help his team get a win.

saleem likes this.
  11. noppeper

noppeper Member

TMAC always came across as an unlikable douche even when he was having "success" with the Rockets, and with everything he says moving forward, he cements that perception.

I honestly feel that the Rockets would've done better if they had kept the Francis, Mobley and young Yao core that gave the juggernaut Lakers a workout in the playoffs prior to the McGrady trade. That team had heart and the players had respect for each other. A nice side effect for that would've been that perhaps, just perhaps, Francis wouldn't be down in the dumps where he is right now...but I digress.

Mr. McGrady, you were a loser player on the court, playing a losing game and the results speak for themselves. Now that we can consistently hear what goes on in your brain with very little filter, we can gain a better understanding that you are just a lucky man to have been born with height and athleticism, but unlucky to not have a completely functional brain to put it all together. Good for you to be so fortunate and made millions off your natural talents...but now you have to live with the fact that everyone knows you are a mimbo. Such is life.

My speculation: if we were to replace Harden with TMAC in the current Rockets team, the Rockets would probably be a 50 win team and first (or at best, second) round fodder. TMAC would be complaining about CP3 being old and washed up, and always hurt, and Capela doing too much eurostepping.

tinman likes this.
  12. izeroi

izeroi Member

Rachel Nichols makes this show so hard to watch...

13. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

TMac sucked that year, both as a player and as a teammate. That team didn't need him in order to be championship team, all we needed was for both of our centers to not have career-ending injuries.

14. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Umm... T-Mac sat out an entire series and we got out of the first round without him.

Nick_713, vlaurelio and tinman like this.
  15. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I wish Tracy could have carried his Rockets teams past the 1st Round at least once but we can't always get what we want.

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

look up the threads brah
    Clutchfans since 99
    We knew about it way in advanced

stop being a Tracy McGrady Only Fan

we didn't rely on ESPN like the Kellerman newbs

17. tinman

Supporting Member

Orlando rebuilt after Tmac and made the NBA finals.

Tmac's last year in Orlando, he couldn't lead them out of the bottom. Tmac's never been a leader.
    I guess he leads his fans, but they are mindless zombies anyway.

Jake Tower likes this.
  18. tinman

Supporting Member

Sir,
    you are a true Rockets fan because your memories are based on fact and experience.

Pure

19. tinman

Supporting Member

He didn't listen to his coaches. Especially Rick Adelman.
    So he got the playing time he wanted in New York.

Same results
    [​IMG]

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Forget opting for sugery in 09

He should have beaten Boozer and Williams with Yao

Period

Severe Rockets Fan and tinman like this.