1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Tracy McGrady] I wish in my day I could've had a terrible game like Harden and still win by 20

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Progs, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

MeMac gonna MeMac

the shark and tinman like this.
  2. riko

riko Member

You wish you had Hardens play making skills(granted tmac for a SF/SG was a damn good play maker but nowhere close to Harden level) or durability.

RyanB likes this.
  3. BigO

BigO Member

I grew up Rockets fan, T-Mac was main reason of it. He was hella entertaining player, and i always thought he had not enough talent around him or too many injuries, but i was wrong and that's an understatement. Dude was bad team mate (admitting he was flying with private jet instead being with his team mates and etc), he had TERRIBLE work ethic (just read Van Gundy quotes) dude relied purely on his talent and when that gave up on him he was just even bigger loser. Look at someone like Kobe, he had injuries and a big ones, but he was such a work horse that he would come back even stronger, he would work relentlessly to get better, T-mac? not so much, he was loser both mentally and physically. He also has mental issues, he always wants to talk **** about people, loves to trash everyone and anyone he can any given chance, he disgust me, yuk.

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

half man, half season... is now half man, half brain.

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It’s not a coincidence that players who work harder have less injuries
    Look at LeBron . He spends millions in conditioning and diet.

At one point a portion of Clutchfans still believed Tmac was better than lebron

bloodwings19, RyanB and BigO like this.
  6. tinman

Supporting Member

That one year with Artest was better than all the years with Tmac

Artest even gave Clutchfans a shoutout

Jake Tower, bloodwings19 and fba34 like this.
  7. HRox832

HRox832 Member

He didn't leave the Rockets. He was traded

But I do clearly remember when he failed to tell the team about his season-ending surgery. That I didn't like

RyanB likes this.
  8. tinman

Supporting Member

Because he WANTED to be TRADED

we know EVERYTHING here on Clutchfans. Look at the red.
    Don't ever question history.

http://www.espn.com/nba/news/story?id=4777423

Rockets to seek McGrady trade

Tracy McGrady has been cleared to take an indefinite leave from the Houston Rockets after the former All-Star's representatives and Rockets management agreed to work together in search of a trade for the disgruntled guard.

Sources close to the process told ESPN.com that multiple phone discussions Monday between Rockets general manager Daryl Morey and coach Rick Adelman, in conjunction with McGrady's lead agent, Arn Tellem, led to a mutual agreement that both sides would try to hatch a workable trade before the league's annual trading deadline on Feb. 18.

Tracy McGrady averaged just 3.2 points this season in six games with the Rockets. Bill Baptist/NBAE/Getty Images
    "After multiple conversations with Tracy and his representatives, we have agreed to look into trade opportunities and have granted him an indefinite leave from team activities," Morey said in a statement released Tuesday afternoon.

McGrady was allowed to return to Houston during the weekend as the team completed a road trip, when his request for increased minutes in his comeback from microfracture knee surgery was denied by Adelman.

Adelman said before Tuesday's game against New Orleans that McGrady never progressed to the point where he was ready to increase his minutes.

"He's been hurt for over a year," Adelman said. "The thing that people want to write about is who he was two years ago, and he isn't that right now. We have a whole team here and it's not just about what he wants or what he was going to want, or what was going to happen. It was about what can he do to help us win, and that was the bottom line to me."

Houston was off to a surprising 18-13 start heading into Tuesday's game against New Orleans, and Adelman said it became increasingly clear that McGrady didn't fit with the Rockets or the up-tempo style they're playing.

Jake Tower likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He also was at the end of the Spurs bench going to the Finals.

10. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I wish he would drop 44 points on insane efficiency in the playoffs to help us win a game we have no business winning.

11. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

we won game 2 against utah with mcgrady chucking at its finest, his problem was those bad games like harden existed, but the good ones never did.

rockbox and vlaurelio like this.
  12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the weakest of the weak

13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Thats what I call trusting and sharing the ball with your teammates thru out multiple seasons even if you're playing mvp calibre at insane efficiency

Then your team mates having your back and stepping up when needed

RyanB likes this.
  14. tinman

Supporting Member

15. tinman

Supporting Member

He's better than Kellerman, I believe Tmac when he says this

Kellerman is just reading a script.

16. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Tmac, just **** off.

17. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

No offense @tinman bruh, but that article was the season after his surgery. They agreed to a trade because adelman wouldn't play tmac. Both because he hadn't completed the full time off for the surgery recovery and also because the team was better without him playing (he sucked). Tmac agreed to be traded that year because he wanted to play more and proved his as good as new. I know...

The way I remember was that the Rockets were trying to trade tmac when we had artest and yao that year. We received offers, and tmac, afraid of not knowing where he could end up, sabotaged any trade possibilities by opting for the microfracture surgery, which at that time no one really knew what was ailing him. So during that year, he really wanted to stay with the team than being traded elsewhere. The year after only did both sides agree to listen to trade offers (at least openly and not secretly).

daywalker02 likes this.
  18. amaru

amaru Member

He couldn’t because by the time we put a championship team around him and Yao they were declining

daywalker02 likes this.
  19. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

he was terrible....he was sitting on the bench and almost went to the WCF.

20. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

The one year we made it past round 1 during the TMac era, TMac was hurt.

Nick_713 likes this.