1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Big Bob currently under fire: "Cant let the inmates run the prison"

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by donkeypunch, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

A franchise going into rebuilding shouldn't gut the fanbase if there are good fans that are smart. That's my whole point.

If your fanbase is only your fanbase when things are good, they are terrible fans. It is what it is.

2. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

That’s such a cop out. You need extra credit for spending money and time on **** teams. Guess what? There is none. Just the hollow ability to “call out” fans for not being as interested in taking the piss.

macho GRANDE and Mr. Space City like this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I do think that loyal die hard fans deserve more credit than fair weather fans who only show up when times are good. Sorry, that's just how it is. A fair weather fan is just a hair better than a front running bandwagoner. Now if you are a fair weather fan or a front running bandwagoner, there's nothing wrong with that, but you will be looked down on by the die hard loyal fans. Again, it just is what it is.

If you were a Warriors fan last year and you just became a Rockets fan this year, long time loyal Rockets fans aren't going to see you as one of them.

4. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

You’re lost man. You’re entitled to your baseless, empty opinion about fandom but you’re not entitled to your own history or facts. Facts are, the Astros did everything but close the gates and play for no one. The Rockets built a stadium that overly caters to a portion of its customer base and it ain’t the average fan. The Texans have had their largely **** product swallowed whole by the city that’s desperate for them to be a LITTLE better. You’re talking about fair weather like there’s been much of it since 95. You’re talking about other people like you even have a place to because why? You were one of the 2k people watching the stros lose? You show up to rockets games on time? You’ve been a season ticket holder at the Texans?

And what’s worse, you’re using it as some kind of weird holier than thou justification to shield McNair for catching hell on the dumb **** he’s been saying into microphones lately. That’s super weird dude. Like Texans fans or he’ll PEOPLE don’t get to have something to say back to his nonsense?

You’re as blind as McNair.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, it seems like you have problems that go beyond what we are discussing....so I'd suggest you work on that.

For the record, I wasn't calling anyone out specifically, but you seem to think that what I was saying was directed at you based on how defensive you are being. I wonder why that is.

For the record, the Astros deciding to tank and trade away everyone they could to gain assets is the reason why they are the current reigning champions....so yeah, smart, loyal fans should have continued to support them.

6. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

Seems like you can’t even keep track of what you’re saying post to post, or you’re just clumsily side stepping counterpoints with no real retort. Hold your L.

BMoney and Mr. Space City like this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Again, why is it that you feel targeted when I talk about awful fans who are either fair weather only fans or are front running bandwagoners?

I think that answer will advance the conversation a bit.

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Astros are averaging 38k, slightly higher than the playoff years of Bags/Biggio and second in the majors.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/HOU/attend.shtml

They had to tank because of the state of the farm otherwise they'd be mired in mediocrity forever. They probably wont have to do it again anytime soon.

9. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

I don’t feel targeted. I’m just putting your BS on blast because it deserves to be blasted.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's certainly not what it sounds like. Anyway, feel free to white knight bandwagoners and fair weather fans if you like but it doesn't come off very well.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I was talking about the down years

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

For reference, a friend took me to the Staples Center on Sunday and the lower bowl crowd was still full even as they were getting blown out by 15 with 3 mins left.

Lakers have been a **** team for the last 5 years by LA's fair weather standards but there's still a lot of goodwill afforded to them over the other franchises.

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

In no way discounting "not liking it" or making any of what Bob's doing "ok"... I really don't think the players should come at it from a money angle.

I don't think it does them any good on the whole and long-term to add $, because to some it reduces it to money, and then you get into should get the money, whose becoming millionaires multiple times over for playing or being involved in a sports, etc, etc.

15. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

So apparently the players had a bbq party in the staff parking lot after Obama got elected, Andre recalled how funny it was watching Bob and Cal Mcnair walk awkwardly through the party to their cars.. I wonder if there was a bbq party when Trump won if ppl would make fun of Duane Brown and Andre walking through the party upset..

16. Nimo

Nimo Member

Right. Because celebrating the first African American president in US history is the same as electing President Trump :rolleyes:

17. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

First tv celebrity? :D:(

Ugh, it's impossible to show any other view without getting shat on immediately here.

Nimo likes this.
  18. Nimo

Nimo Member

None from me. I just think celebrating a historical event that's monumental for a minority group who have been through a lot of oppression in this country's history makes sense. It's more than just celebrating because your candidate won. Maybe McNair missed that. But he's making a lot of "misses" and its all coming down on him now.

macho GRANDE and DaonlyLA like this.
  19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So you are going with the "If you didn't celebrate Obama winning the presidency then you are a racist" rhetoric? I mean I guess I could see that if you were someone who thought the ONLY thing important about Obama was the color of his skin, but if you could see beyond that there was plenty of other reasons to either be happy or upset. I would argue if you were celebrating Obama's victory based solely on the color of his skin, you have some issues to work through. I'm also curious if you think the same celebration would have been happening if the first black president had been someone like Alan Keyes or Ben Carson. I'd bet it wouldn't because I don't want to believe that those players were celebrating entirely based on the color of Obama's skin, which means that it was mostly political....which means that it's okay to be either happy or upset about which candidate won.

20. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I agree, but I think I just fall into the category of thinking McNair missed that. He thought it was more about politics and he was too dumb to see otherwise. Basically I'm just suggesting that he might not be racist, just an idiot.

Nimo likes this.