1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[COD BOMB] Rockets have a backup plan for BIG 6 if signing Lebron fails in the summer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hakeem94, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

He WAS a rare talent ....

What does that have to do with missing a quarter of a season (20ish games) 5 out of 10 times .... including the last 2 ?!

Sure , a healthy Love is a hell of a player.

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I believe CP and JH will definitely talk to TF and DM who they want on the team. If Love is low on their priority list, DM may not persue him.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Love gets $24 mil next season to Ryan’s $20 mil. Doubt Houston goes for a player much like Ryan
    that struggles defensively like Ryan. Even if the Rockets trade Ryan.....definitely if Ryan is still with
    the team. Regardly if the Cavs use K-Love right or not. That money would be better suited towards
    re-signing Ariza, Luc, Gerald Green (add a Tolliver or Scott for depth behind Tucker) before bringing
    in the original to our carbon copy Ryan Anderson.

Paul George will be in LA next season. Great fit for the Rockets; but he is set on LA or OKC. Melo
    is the guy that doesn’t really mesh with PG13 and Westbrook. Odd man out. Don’t count on PG13.

saleem likes this.
  4. saleem

I'm keen on Scott with his athleticism and explosiveness. Tolliver is not bad for spacing. They are both UFA's. PG is a pretty good fit for OKC. If he wants to stay there or go to LA, should the Rockets try to obtain Jonathan Simmons? Aaron Gordon seems unobtainable to me.

5. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

We always liked Wilson Chandler, he is a good 3pt shooter and good or ok defender.

I think he would be a good fit here.

JVL713 likes this.
  6. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

In all honesty I don’t think HOU should go after LBJ. Dude is a great player BUT brings so much drama with him and doesn’t fit our style of play. If I’m DM I’m bringing in borderline All-Star players to upgrade the roster. We need as much scoring and D as we can get in order to compete. I think the media has painted this image of GS having 4 “superstars” when in reality only Steph and KD are the superstars, Dramond is just a great defender (doesn’t belong in the all star) and Klay is a great 3-D guy that can’t do much else (doesn’t belong in the all star). The only reason why they get so much shine is because they play in GS and play the right way, if GS wasn’t winning anything I bet them 2 wouldn’t even be mentioned anywhere. With that said HOU should load up on 3-D guys and maybe 1 more Star in order to keep a hopefull dynasty going.
    Getting rid of Anderson, Joe (FA), Wright (FA), Black (FA), and Onuaku is a start.
    Bringing back Green, LRMM, and Ariza is a must.
    Here is where is gets interesting....
    Boogie Cousins has a great relationship with Ariza, CP, and Harden (especially Harden). You sign him to a team friendly deal, especially since he’s coming off an achilles injury.
    If Capela wants more than $20+ mill I trade him with Anderson’s contract and bring in DJ for about $15-17 mill on 3 years.
    Our roster would look like this:

Chris Paul
    James Harden
    Trevor Ariza
    Demarcus Cousins
    DeAndre Jordan

Bench:
    Eric Gordon
    Gerald Green
    LRMM
    PJ Tucker
    NeNe

G-League
    Zho Qi

Chris Paul, DJ, Cousins, LRMM, and Green would have to take a paycut if they want to win and in sure they are more than happy too.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. Zergling

Zergling Member

If we can't get LeBron, Cousins, Love, or George would be pretty awesome consolation prizes.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. Houston09

Houston09 Member

Same ole story different day. It will be pre-season and we will hear, basketball news changes every sec, i just post what i hear. Sorry we just signed bobby brown as the back up pg

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. saleem

No one believed that Chris Paul would choose Houston. A couple of good role players, and re-signing our guys might be enough.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I like Simmons and he would hurt the league in our system but he is under contract for 2 more seasons.
    It’s a great value contract that Morey would love to obtain though.

Had this discussion earlier about drafting guys in anticipation of free agency...I used a real football analogy
    of Mario Williams-Barwin-Mercilus. Orlando could have given Aaron Gordon an extension prior to the season
    but chose not to give him one because he hadn’t really progressed. So they drafted Jonathan Isaac in anticipation
    of Aaron leaving. Read an article that the max on Aaron would be $29 million. LeBron $36 million.
    Aaron would save the Rockets about $7 mil. and he is a young 22 y/o.

Orlando is $91 mil in salary going into 18/19......can get down to $82.9 mil by renouncing guys, including
    Aaron Gordon. Question is will Orlando give the max to Gordon when they are so high on Isaac. A poor
    team goes ahead and plays Isaac for experience. Dallas will probably go after Randle and Aaron Gordon.
    But would Aaron sign the offer of the Max’s or Rockets if presented in front of him? Isaac will make $5 mil.

If I’m paying LeBron $36 mil....that sucker will be filling in at SF, PF and logging in many mins at center.
    Rockets could almost have a scarecrow at center and the Rockets still win 90% of their games.
    Kenny Smith is right. It would be unfair to the rest of the league.

D-rock likes this.
  11. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Yeah , a healthy K.Love would be a fantastic fit here ..... I'd love to see the guy who was averaging 26/13 in 2011/12 on this roster but that aint the guy we'd be getting , we'd be getting the guy who's missed 20+ games in 5 of the 10 years he's been in the league including the last two. Why would he suddenly buck that trend and stay healthy?

D-rock and saleem like this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

because he would be taught by Harden how to stay healthy just like ego rhyno and cp3

13. saleem

Love isn't worth 22M period.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  14. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I’ll agree with you on Draymond not being and allstar because that is true.

On no other team, Houston included would that guy even sniff the Allstar team or all nba team.

I can get behind his defensive POY award and being a yearly candidate for the two all defensive teams.

But he’s not an allstar nor a top 15 player like literally every media outlet has claimed, He’s not even top 25.

Klay is boarderline.

Imo he’s not a star either but he’s a guy because of his shooting would no doubt avg 25 ppg on a team were he had the green light and was the number 1 option. I have zero doubt about that.

I also think his shooting numbers would go down his TOs would go up and his assist would stay the same. While the team would struggle to make the playoffs no matter east or west.

The warriors big 4 is overstated to sound like it’s sometbinh more than it really is.

What they have that’s unique is two true MVPs playing together in their prime. That’s what seperates them, not green and klay. Those two are just very good players in their roles.

Harden is on curry and KD level that’s unquestioned, cp3 is not quite on that level but he’s miles better than green and klay.

While I think klay is better than Gordon I also think the gap is not so wide that it totally flips everything in their favor.

Green is better than Capela but Capela is light years better than anyone they can throw at him, Greek is to short to really bother Capela when he rolls to the hoop and Zaza and McGee are either to slow or undisciplined to bother him.

With green we have multiple guys that can guard him and bother him. Be it luc, pj, Ariza even Harden. There all long and taller than him or in harden and pj case just as strong as him.

But our supporting cast is way better than theirs.

Voltik and farr3l like this.
  15. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Hmmm....

I kindve don't want Lebron?

farr3l and hakeem94 like this.
  16. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Good thing about
    The good thing about HOU playing GS is that you don’t need to put LRMM, Ariza, nor PJ on Green bc his offense is just that bad. The way HOU plays them is by putting Harden on Green while CP, PJ, Tucker, and Ariza take turns face guarding Klay, Curry, and KD. I know Joe Johnson hasn’t been good thus far but sub him in for Trevor and see if Curry stays on him and if he doesn’t who does Curry guard and stop? That’s right, no one. You cant hide him for too long.

#196 ROXonROXonROX, Mar 21, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
    ApacheWarrior likes this.
  17. s3ts

s3ts Member

Without Dray, GSW would not be a top-3 team in the West. And I can totally see him thriving in a place like Memphis, Portland, OKC, Celtics... He's definitely an all-star. Maybe I'd agree that he's probably the surrounded with the best talent for players in the 4/5 spot, but none of the other bigs in the league are as unusually talented as Dray is.

Dray also plays dirty, that is a huge leg up for most teams.

18. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Maybe after the season is over I'll give this a click

dkim1984 and hakeem94 like this.
  19. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

That is just false.

40% 3pt shooter, low turnover, great rebounder.

He is a rich man's Ryan Anderson, when Anderson is having a good day.

Vivi, dkim1984 and Plowman like this.
  20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

anyone remember how morey talked ty lawson into taking less money on the already existing contract before trading for him?

how was that possible?