1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 3/20/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 19, 2018.

1. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

1 loss was decided by 2 points
    2nd one was decided by 3 points.

Easily could've been 41-0

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Pretty sweet after all that bullshit Lillard and McCollum were talking on ESPN. Really proud of the way Harden went at them tonight. Let your play shut them up.

3. Zergling

Zergling Member

The Rockets just keep evolving. 3rd road game in 4 nights was our weakness and we lost to Toronto. Happened again and this time we won.

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  4. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Our defense has been superb, couldn't remember the last time we had this great of a defensive team in the past, shoutout to Bzdelik

j@amc, Jake Tower, Patience and 2 others like this.
  5. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Lillard got owned so bad tonight he should name his newly delivered baby James. Or Jamie if girl.

pippendagimp, hakeem94 and ryano2009 like this.
  6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Dang he was asked a question and he answered it

And the answer was an inside joke on tnt

What did you expect harden to say anyway??

7. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Btw on another note, coach Nick has a nice video of why AD isn’t the MVP. And he gets into coach Alvin Gentry’s rant about the officiating as well. It was a good video. Alvin even said Harden is the MVP.

8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Guess whats hardens % on those stepback 3s this year. They aint luck hes been working on it all these years. 3s and stepbacks. But this year he combined and unleashed them.

Aminu was the one who made umbelievable shots not harden

Nick_713 and Patience like this.
  9. jogo

jogo Member

What did they say?

10. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Clint didn't play up to his potential. Aminu and Harkless went bananas from 3. Made up a little for Lillard and McCollums misses.

bro2044 likes this.
  11. Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar Contributing Member

any update on cp3 injury?

12. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Yep Harden basically said that as a shoutout to Shaq and Shaq recipricated seconds later on inside the nba.

13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

14. OTMax

OTMax Member

Aw man, that was an awesome win and I love we - Harden - again showing that Clutch factor!!! So happy we got forced to play Gerald Green, he was very key in that stretch with instant 3 pointer and played some amazing defense. He got a block and boxed out Collins I think it was and just provided that energy. Joe Johnson is a calm factor, but you need that energy sometimes. Ariza, Gordon, Tucker and Joe were either not shooting or missing so really wonder why it took so long for Green to get in, but glad he did. Finally Ariza, Tucker and Gordon hit some key threes in the 4th!! They make it when it matters most. Tucker was amazing, that defense and that offensive rebound.

I am disappointed by Capela, looked nervous and just had nothing on their bigs. CP3, oh my, those threes and those plays were just great down the stretch. Mbah a Moute with his drives was also very key for us. Just a great team victory!!! Harden lead us though, some of those lay-ups were crazy difficult and those threes in the 4th. The one over two guys was very Maxwell like! Great adjustments by MDA too throughout the game, although I still don't like small ball all the time since we switch small guys onto bigs too much to my liking.

Some questions though:
    - do you think it was the game plan to let their role players shoot threes and just focus on their backcourt? To me it was so infuriating to see Aminu get wide open three after wide open three, especially since he got us last time. It was like we took our chances and at least a defender should've stayed within a few feet to contest it, but if it was part of the plan to double hard on others then it's alright.
    - why did we not play Nene? Small ball the game plan I guess?

#1634 OTMax, Mar 21, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
    bro2044, hvic and ramotadab like this.
  15. DirtyDizzil

DirtyDizzil Member

Just finished watching the game, bwahahahahahahahahahha...... portlands starting backcourt are terrible defenders, mccollum should of shut his mouth , just made him look even more like a fool.

bro2044 likes this.
  16. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Still not sure how it all happened.

I mean it was a wrap folks. Harden got blocked in the first quarter and that was supposed to be it. At least that’s what I heard.

CK Johnson likes this.
  17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

hey man where have you been? hows the kids?

18. j@amc

j@amc Member

1. I do think the plan was to rotate off Aminu in the first quarter as he usually only makes two 3s a game. But the Rockets changed strategy as they couldn't bother his shot.

2. No idea about Nene. He doesn't match up with the Blazers very well though.

We need to give a shout out to Gerald Green and Eric Gordon for their effort on D. The advanced stats show that the Blazers didn't make a 3 while they were defending (0-3 for Green, 0-1 for Gordon) and overall the Blazers were 2-9 from the field against them. This explains their strong +/- scores (Gordon +6, Green +8).

Lillard going 0-7 from the 3 pt line was partly our D and partly an off shooting night. Clearly Harden had all the answers tonight. MVP, hands down.

19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

It's an embarrassment. I think the league is so happy with all the scoring that it doesn't want to enforce stuff like that.

20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

D'Antoni " he (James) is the best offensive player I've ever seen "

Umm. Wait. Huh? He's throwing around reckless superlatives lately.

joshuaao and hakeem94 like this.