1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[DeadSpin] The Rockets Are Driving Opposing Coaches Insane

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Steve_Francis_rules

It's like the writer just started watching the NBA. Is he not aware that Paul Pierce, just to name one player, made a 19-year career of doing this?

2. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

How long until coaches are upset at cp3 for ripping thru while we are in the bonus?

HakeemOnlyFan, Deuce and Little Bit like this.
  3. hakeemthagreat

That call Gentry was whining about was a clear foul btw

Little Bit and D-rock like this.
  4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

You see no.2 in some of the members here. Just look at the dumb iso thread where it took 4/5th a season of the same thing AND a no.1 seed for the chickenheads to come out and roost.

Harden will definitely get less 2nd half calls in the playoffs. I don't think the bench or cp3 are deluded to think playoffs will be like the regular season. That's probably why they're getting on in each other about defensive lapses during the game rather than only after when you can't make a difference anymore.

I didn't see that last season.

It's a no brainer that for us to get any far in the playoffs, the team will have to step up at different times. I don't think passing two times more per play will solve the question of giving them a better rhythm. If anything, have them focus less on plays the other teams will counter and counter-counter and let them focus on shooting.

#24 Invisible Fan, Mar 18, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
    D-rock likes this.
  5. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Exactly, and how effing bad does the hate have to get where an entire article can be written complaining about an obvious foul. I never see these clowns coming out to complain about the 100s of legitimate hard fouls I see on Harden all the time that never get called. People love to talk about Harden's TOs but how many of those are actually fouls. Gentry better keep that checkbook ready because he is going to need it again in about a week. Maybe this time when the Rockets get up by 20 they can stay there.

6. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

James Harden is respected as a scorer but wildly underrated as a lawyer. He studies NBA rules and how they're called. He lobbies doggedly and effectively. He designs moves--the Eurostep, the lateral stepback, the rising up through a defender's arm--to exploit the system and its limits. Hate it all you want. He ain't cheating you. He's outwitting and outworking you.

7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I remember when we use to whine and moan about Dirk Nowitzki getting breathe on and getting calls, or Durant's annoying rip through move, or when Kevin Martin (pre-rockets) jumped into defenders. Someone will always b**** and moan.

8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Warriors got away with all those Andrea Bogus illegal screens and Draymond Green hacks/kicks etc and not one word mentioned.

Double standards. Sour patches

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Transcendentally smart player....

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Y'all have already addressed how stupid this is.

But to add another point of criticism to this paragraph.

all kinds of players initiate contact in all kinds of ways ALL THE TIME. And get the benefit of a foul call.

The issue non-Rockets fans seem to have is "how" Harden is in particular doing it. Which is kind of surprising to me... because the defender is reaching and Harden is just taking advantage of that by going straight up... which is more "clearly" a foul to me than a player going into a big's body and slightly non-vertical arms in a drive, for example, yet nonetheless getting the call.

HakeemOnlyFan and hakeem94 like this.
  11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Harden rises up for shots like that all the time lol, saying it wasn't a shot is just dumb. In Toronto he had a shot nearly identical to that motion, only it wasn't a foul and he made it.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yeah but they dont have the time to watch the games

HakeemOnlyFan, slothy420 and mfastx like this.
  13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Seems like a foul to me. If you're going to b**** about the calls Harden gets, it is not this one. And you should also show the calls he doesn't get

14. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Asked for comment on this article, Harden replied "you reach, I teach."

durvasa, hakeem94 and Killatron 2000 like this.
  15. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

Will winning change the narrative, though? Seems like they would just find a way to try and discredit the Rockets, no matter what. To this day, you still have idiot talking heads spouting BS like 'Rockets wouldn't have won if Jordan was playing... blah, blah, blah" despite the fact that Hakeem's Rockets owned Jordan's Bulls during that time period.

Look, they are already starting the narrative to discredit us should we win: http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php...njuries-to-blame-if-rockets-win-title.289170/

16. onreego

onreego Member

This is our version of the moving screens I guess...

17. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Well then Harden would be averaging 50.... cant let that happen.

#blessed

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  18. mathor

mathor Member

May be the clearest foul i have seen in my whole life... someone has written an article about it... please stop writing, for the sake of mankind

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

The Mavs are getting calls too?

vlaurelio and ApacheWarrior like this.
  20. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I for one am sick to death of seeing **** NBA defenders cry and complain about doing the same **** defending that results in fouls. You can’t pull on him around screens and you can’t hack at the ball on his drives....or else? You hit his arm and he shoots. Foul, 100% of the time and it’s not even called every time. AND they’ve made another Harden rule amendment about it because he’s able to put defenders in the situation of foul or let me score. It’s called being great.

2 things jump out at me as side notes to this conversation, 1 have you ever noticed how physical teams are allowed to be with our Rockets? If you wanna close your eyes, nose up, arms crossed, stomping feet about it like it’s not a 2 way street...I have only the biggest eye-roll whatever for you. Whatever. Teams are right up on the line of CONSTANTLY fouling James and still complain when they do the same dumb **** that busts everyone. But that’s the beauty of Harden’s greatness. Play off and he roasts you from 3. Play up and you play with fire/fouls. Let him go and he’ll bury you with layups. Help defense he scorches with assists. Literally the only way to guard him is hands up, move your feet and hope he misses.

2 the rockets defenders are deft at NOT being drawn into contact, probably because they have to guard harden a lot in practice. They don’t grab on screens, they don’t hack on drives, they don’t even really attempt charges, they don’t get caught with hands in cookie jars. Not with any consistency. I wouldn’t call them a great defense but they are an effective one through hustle and smarts.