1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Atlantic Monthly] The Humiliation of Aziz Ansari

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Dairy Ashford, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's not that simple. What if your wife's boss had only promoted people who said yes to him? You can say she could find another job, but you are missing the point. What her boss did was illegal and unethical. The very idea of using power to manipulate people for sexual favors is illegal.

But that's not the same thing that happened here. She wasn't trying to get a gig or professional favor from Ansari. Dating is different than working.

2. Nook

Nook Member

Again, you don't decide what is and isn't a valid concern to a minority or marginalized group. Whether it isn't or isn't sexual assault is a legal question, and one that you are not qualified to decide. Even if it isn't rape or sexual assault, it does not mean that his behavior is acceptable.

3. cml750

cml750 Member

To each their own. I can see where you are coming from. The biggest risk from the lifestyle you talk about is a psycho woman who might accuse you of something to get back at you if she felt scorned and wanted more of a relationship. If you do not want to be married then it is good you stay single but I would advise you to be careful.

As for marriage, it is hard work. To make it work, it takes both people to give and take. Not all times are happy and perfect but you work through the bad times to make it work. If you want kids, it is always better to raise them in a loving two parent house.

#23 cml750, Jan 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  4. cml750

cml750 Member

In no way did I condone the actions of her former pervert boss. I said her boss should have got in trouble and had we been dating or married at the time I can guarantee he would have answered to me. She could have ruined him and pressed charges yet she simply used that threat to force him to find her another job within the law firm. Any man or woman who abuses their power in this manner is wrong and should get in trouble. Just propositioning a woman without the threat of retribution should they turn you down should not get a man in trouble but in today's climate it very well could.

5. cml750

cml750 Member

This is a rare occasion where I completely agree with you.

6. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Ansari seems like too much of a cuck to sexually assault anyone. It would have been more believable if it came out that she raped him.

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

This is a very private interaction between two adults. If it doesn’t rise to a criminal act — from her account, clearly it does not — then is it “acceptable” for her to publicize it in this manner in order to punish him using the weight of this #MeToo movement? Particularly after he apologized when she only subsequently told him she didn’t like it?

8. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

The only thing I'd definitely criticize Aziz for is that he appears to have zero game.

As for the woman, I pretty much concur with the majority opinion in this thread.

Rocket River likes this.
  9. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Garbage in, garbage out.

Eric Riley, jbasket and Nook like this.
  10. Nook

Nook Member

Yes?

She was one of the two parties involved in the act. If she wants to go public and discuss it, she certainly has that right. Likewise, he has the right to defend himself or say nothing at all.

Whether he apologized or not goes more to how people choose to view the interaction.

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Why are you talking about rights?

He had a “right” to do whatever he did in his own home. Let’s not confuse “rights” with what is acceptable behavior. That was one of your original points, was it not?

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's crazy how the SJW's end up eating their own. All of the "movements" that fall under the "SJW" umbrella are just so incredibly toxic, even if they start off being legit, they end up becoming a joke.

RocketsLegend likes this.
  13. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

So on a first date, he went down on her, pressured her for sex and so she left?

Then texted some editor claiming they are all the same?

SIL

14. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

I love it. Let them keep eating their own.

15. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Damn this is all such bullshit, I usually turn off dating for the holidays past valentines day(not trying to mislead some chick to thinking im ever going to get married), but after vday...tinder gets back on guys. If these are how dates are going now, ****.

The amount of 1 night stands in Vegas and Diego happen, I could get framed. Now I'm in Denver, but I do intend to go to back to Vegas every 3rd or 4th weekend. I can't imagine the amount of #metoo bullshit there'll be for simply just trying to do my thing.

I'd never force anybody to anything. ****, I rarely even pick up girls. Girls pick up me, I'm Rico Suave meets Sam Hunt, 6'4, 6 pack, brown skin, green eye hotshot @Pen15clubber he know. I can easily see how some of the crazy girls can flip a ****, especially the fitness girls. Those girls are born nuts, holy ****. You can't meet quiet, sweet girls cause they don't throw themselves at you. They don't even go out to Vegas and try to party at 3am. Idk where you find those girls.

I've been caught up in some bad situations, but never knowingly. I'm going to have to be extra careful, especially with girls that know I do good for myself(see condo, car in Vegas).

Well @Mathrocker guess we can't do it how we do it, we'll have to be like @RedRedemption.

SIL

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I really don't though. I hate seeing "their own" be victimized by insane SJW BS just as much as I hate seeing them victimize those who aren't "their own". They are an outright cancer in society that is every bit as bad, or worse, than what they b**** about.

17. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

reap what you sow

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That doesn't make it a good thing.

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

This might've gone full Kobe of she stayed longer and he went Anne Hathaway on her.

20. Nook

Nook Member

He has a "right" to do whatever he wants to do in his own home and if she feels that she wasn't treated appropriately, she has the "right" to go public with complaints or feelings.

Personally if she feels that she was mistreated then I think she has to the right/it is acceptable for her to go public with it.

My point is to be consistent. There had been a lot made of the point that perspective is biased when the complaints of a traditionally under represented or minority group is considered. If we are going to hold that position on racial issues, cultural issues and religious issues; it doesn't suddenly change in this case.