1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should the US accept legal immigrants from "shithole" countries?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 12, 2018.

?

Do you agree with Trump regarding eliminating legal immigration from shithole countries?

1. Yes

9.4%
  2. No

90.6%
  1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Heh, I wrote what I wrote before I read any of the comments.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Jumping to extremes rarely makes situations better.

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Move to Japan where they have a declining population which makes their economy suffer all because they aren't very accepting of foreigners.

4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

well look around... it can't make it worse. and it would work because i said ALL countries. let humans go where they want for godsakes. no country owns a piece of this planet because nature created some windy river or mountain range. it's facking stupid. all or nothing required by every country which of course means all which would be great!

i would imagine that all countries and cities would have little pockets of culture (sort of like we do now but bigger) and it would be amazing. the mobility would also prevent have and have nots like we see now. borders just help rich countries exploit poor countries anyway so fack it.

5. ipaman

do you now what the word ALL means?

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, it really can make it worse....and in fact both scenarios would make things significantly worse.

Then again, if your goal is the collapse of the state or the end of all social programs then you could achieve that.....but it wouldn't be a good thing.

7. ipaman

if countries, borders, and laws have to stay fine... let them have some local rules and what not but let people move and work freely. i think that is a basic human right just like freedom is. i mean i have freedom but i don't have freedom to move and work where i please. "We hold these Truths to beself-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness….” i didn't see a clause or asterisk that says *rights endowed by creator only apply in USA on that quote do you?

VooDooPope likes this.
  8. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

Most of the illegal immigrants, or aliens, are poor and uneducated. And most of the legal immigrants are not.

9. ipaman

not completely accurate, read my previous posts. there are agriculture rules that allow poor and uneducated but you are a slave to field work. that's why i criticize the immigration and work permit laws in general. they are worst than anything trump said. but nobody cares.

10. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

but to answer the question, there's gotta be a cap/limit for immigrants from all countries, shith0les included.

ipaman likes this.
  11. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

Most completely accurate ipaman, thus I used the word "most".

ipaman likes this.
  12. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Not sure how you came to that conclusion. Average income of legal immigrants is below that of native born Americans. Now that gap has been shrinking for decades but it still exists. As for education, it is true that in recent years (within the last 10 years), legal immigrants have tended to come here with higher levels of education than the average native born American, that's an extremely new thing. Go back a couple of decades and legal immigrants came with lower levels of education than native born Americans. But even so, a quarter of new immigrants coming to the US today come without the equivalent of a high school degree.

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

It's good you got this parsed out on Clutchfans before you present at the UN.

Nook, Buck Turgidson and justtxyank like this.
  14. ipaman

un is trash and should be abolished. they would never be able to accomplish something like this. it would take the most power countries in the world to say let's open our borders to each and then the rest would follow. sort of saw it with eu but old world politics, religions, etc... screwed that up.

Roc Paint likes this.
  15. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Sorry, cannot say I have read anything after what I have posted. But basically, @Carl Herrera and @snowconeman22 anything that requires any form of government assistance. We're not here to save them from the extreme conditions of their area, and give them LESS extreme conditions. We're here to give them the ability to go far, but the cost is....you provide us something better first.

Why would we just allow somebody in our country otherwise? You need to offer something better than what we are going to give you originally, and by all means if you fall on tough times down the line, then yes, government assistance can come in. But before--absolutely not--you don't come in here providing nothing, using the free lunch program, getting your kids "free" education, etc. You come here for a purpose, and we'll offer you a better life.

SIL

16. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

@Carl Herrera @snowconeman22 my mom(RIP) was brought to america from overseas for performing arts. got a job offer here with sponsorship, etc., to perform. my dad came here for baseball(hes from S. America), but ended up getting a degree from Case Western in engineering and they both offered more than what they were getting when they came here. they both were like any other poor immigrant from another country-- struggling, difficult lives, etc. but the thing they both would say is the biggest thing to get into america is that you need to bring something more valuable to the table first. if you come to america, thinking all i need to get in then settle is what's wrong. my dad always says thats why athletes are the worst, they are happy once they get to be professionals, get the money, then they settle. no you now got in, you need to prove it. that's the real work.

america to most countries is no longer viewed as the country for opportunity, but the country that's actually among the least racist, and is tolerant of the poor. america's floor is some country's middle class(at best).

SIL

17. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Bet it will help if they are blonde, blue eyes, and from hardy Aryan stock?

18. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

To me? No, no preference in that. It's all merit based, simple. No gender, no race, nothing comes into play. If it ends up being 50 guys from India, 50 chicks from Uruguay, whatever it is....it is. No classifications.

You're talking to somebody that has a white, blonde, blue eyed german-mixed swiss mother and brown eye, brown hair, brown skin brasilian father.

I'm not looking at anything....BUT merit.

SIL 2020

19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Odd... don't recall anything about merit on the statue of liberty...

The New Colossus

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
    With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
    Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
    A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
    Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
    Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
    Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
    The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
    "Keep ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
    With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Emma Lazarus (November 2, 1883)

Nor did Ronald Reagan...

20. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

We evolve.

SIL