1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Mueller, Former F.B.I. Director, Is Named Special Counsel for Russia Investigation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, May 17, 2017.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

this tweet makes more sense when you realize the OIG report is going to drop before McCabe can retire with a pension (perhaps Trump knows the report will contain just cause for McCabe's firing)

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Clinton, Obama, news media, FBI, Mueller, Comey, McCabe... pretty soon trump and his supporters will run out of people to try to divert blame to...

B-Bob likes this.
  3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

blame for what? this sentence makes no sense.

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It makes perfect sense. Try reading again while thinking of how Republicans are trying to distract from the damaging investigation into Trump's campaign which isn't even finished and there are already convictions.

adoo likes this.
  5. Commodore

predict OIG report and/or DoJ white hat investigations will reveal top FBI/DoJ officials submitted false/incomplete information to the FISA court in order to obtain wiretaps on the Trump campaign, in violation of federal law

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I suggest don't place money on this prediction for your own financial benefit.

B-Bob likes this.
  7. NewRoxFan

Methinks you are reading too much TheConservativeTreehouse and other tinfoil sites...

8. NewRoxFan

9. NewRoxFan

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

To be fair, it does not necessarily mean they know he will lie. Of course he lies, but any lawyer would try to keep a high-profile client out of such an interview, I would think.

11. NewRoxFan

Seems to me Bill Clinton testified...

12. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

How did that work out for him? :D

Anyway, just trying to keep us from jumping to conclusions about intent. Leave that to our usual suspects on the right.

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The federal judge would be the person accountable if this is the case. The way FISA warrants works is a judge has to sign off along with several others involved (loads of attorneys apparently).

If anyone gets taken down in this conspiracy it’s a federal judge.

15. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

is this coming?

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/500x/42778997/did-you-order-the-code-red-youre-*******-right-i-did.jpg

16. NewRoxFan

Hmm... was this the reason why Ivanka was questioned by Mueller? Another trump at the meeting with Russians to get emails/dirt on Hillary?

17. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

18. Commodore

depends if the judge was lied to or not

stangely you should mention that, the judge in the MIchael Flynn case suddenly was recused (forcibly?) before Flynn's sentencing, no one knows why

the judge also happens to be on the FISA court

suspicion is it's the same judge who approved the FISA warrant to wiretap Flynn

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Good lord. I tried to look up the articles I saw about the judge being recused, and I simply could not navigate through all the right wing conspiracy sites. Its INSANE how overloaded we are with hard right conspiracy sites.

REGARDLESS... I do remember when this was reported. Apparently judges get moved on cases all the time, and it was pretty routine. Yes it does give food for conspiracy theorists. The most likely scenario that I heard, and what I know about cases getting moved around in federal court, is that the case moved from a simple criminal case to a financial crimes case. Which would require a different judge potentially.

Or it simply could be for reasons unknown like personal reasons like the judge moving. Regardless.... this happens quite a bit apparently. Still, it gave good fodder for conspiracy theorists apparently.

20. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Tipjar bet?