1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel movies] Infinity War! (Part 1 and 2)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by seclusion, Oct 28, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Yeah but I remember someone confirming that he wouldn’t be in the films in the GOTG 2 thread. Definitely seems weird.

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I guess Quill because he palmed an infinity stone without disintegrating...they could say he got stronger controlling that from pt 2

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Maybe fox sent some lawyers asking whether they owned Warlock like they do with ff4, surfer and Galactus

Obito likes this.
  4. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Who died in the trailer?

5. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Wouldn't Viz be able to? Since he wielded Thor's hammer and safely has an infinity stone stuck to the middle of his freakin forehead.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Looked like Vision (kind of assumed) + War Machine's legs seem to be fine now, or at least he's back in action (with Captain America no less) one way or the other.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Honestly, they'll let anyone do anything.
    [​IMG]

8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

No Adam Warlock until Guardians 3 at least. Source: James Gunn.

9. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Well, clearly, Peter/Star-Lord from GOTG can hold an infinity stone, as that was a plot point from the 1st movie.

10. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Star Lord isn't a normal human, and he needed all of the other Guardians to help him channel it without dying.

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

i hope they kill off the useless humans with no powers like widow and hawkeye.

12. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I thought the Russos did a great job with Hawkeye in Civil War, they finally did the character some justice. He had some of the best lines in the movie, and nothing is better than Hawkeye shooting Ant-Man from an arrow. Just pure comic awesome.

They also know how to use Widow; her scenes in Winter Soldier/Civil War are quite good in my opinion. I'm really looking forward to seeing what they do with the two here, especially since we didn't see Hawkeye at all in the trailer if I'm not mistaken. I don't know if I'm in the crowd that is crazy about a Black Widow solo movie, but Black Widow/Winter Soldier/Hawkeye with the right director? Count me in.

Jontro likes this.
  13. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

wish something like this would happen...

free-for-all in the field with the avengers fighting alongside wakanda. winter soldier and falcon notice some dude slicing up thanos' army.

winter soldier: "who the hell is that?"
    falcon: "again... everybody has a gimmick."

camera pans over to...

[​IMG]

maybe not as wesley snipes since the dude is 55 now. 15 second cameo. i mean they gave howard the duck some screentime and an after credits scene. i still think the first blade ranks up there with some of the best marvel flicks.

seclusion and Jontro like this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I hoped they could tie in with DC....and make Thanos and Darkseid a duo.

[​IMG]

OmegaSupreme likes this.
  15. Juxtaposed Jolt

Yeah, but that was with the combined nature of the entire GotG team. And that was one stone. And Quill is like, half-celestial being.

I dunno, the only hero that can "hold" a stone seems to be Vision.

It'll be interesting to see how Thanos is defeated.

seclusion likes this.
  16. Jontro

Jontro Member

i think there is a youtube clip of avengers defeating thanos in the cartoons. i don't remember it much, but it seemed anti climactic. and they were on the moon or something.

17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Marvel screwed up in the comics back during Secret Wars when they created Beyonder and made the most powerful being in all the Marvel Universe (outside of TOAA) a David Hasselhoff clone. lol. After that everyone and everything else is like "almost as powerful". Infinity Gauntlet, Cosmic Cubes, Cosmic Egg, etc. And now they have the Heart of the Universe. I think they're running out of "... an even more powerful object than the last one that mustn't fall into the wrong hands!"

I remember the good ol' days when Galactus was the intergalactic badass... now he's just another cosmic entity. He used to be my favorite in the Marvel Universe. Still is, but ... he just doesn't seem so powerful anymore.

Torn n Frayed and Jontro like this.
  18. Jontro

Jontro Member

galactus and thanos are like kd and westbrook. cannot share the same ball and will implode within one another.

seclusion likes this.
  19. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Have to find a way to get Deadpool in that group....

daywalker02 likes this.
  20. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

They’ll most definitely change it up in the movies but without trying to say too much,
    Thanos destroys most of his opposition with the IG, I believe he even beats eternity after a long battle, then becomes eternity, leaves his physical body because he becomes everything.. & (spoiler) takes the IG off his hand, defeating him.

It’s basically “Thanos defeated himself because of his ego”.

#140 Obito, Dec 3, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2017