1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Colin Kaepernick protests anthem due to treatment of minorities

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by BleedRocketsRed, Aug 27, 2016.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

You can go read how the events transpired or you can substitute your own opinions to create your own reality. Good luck with that.

#1101 CometsWin, Oct 18, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

What a joke of a country to devote months and months to such a non-issue.

Our fake warriors are disrespectin our tru warriers!

TREASON!!!!

TREASON!!!!!!!!

Keep in mind this is all while Americans and the government piss on our vets as a whole in terms of support, funding, and re-integration into daily life.

3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is what I've been saying. Too much anger over symbolic actions rather than actions that have very real world consequences.

4. CometsWin

That's the conservative playbook. Transgenders raping children in bathrooms, women daring to demand birth control from insurance, the gays wanting to get married (eww!), the blacks not standing for the national anthem... give me back my country. Derp. Tens of millions losing health insurance, tax cuts for millionaires, and ten million children losing health insurance... *crickets*.

London'sBurning likes this.
  5. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

You're a narrow minded loser for life like Trump fans but just liberal lmao

6. CometsWin

Good chat. o_O

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The players are choosing not to stand to bring attention so they are the ones bringing attention.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The only attention w**** in all of this is Trump.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Donald Trump s the commander and chief. He is gonna side with the military.

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

But the protests have nothing to do with the military.

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

And that goes both ways. The flag has nothing to do with local police departments.

Players can find a better way to make their point. Whatever you feel about police and black relations, nfl players make enough money to help the communities they come from. The combination of their income and this form of protest makes them look spoiled and out of touch

12. fchowd0311

No that's not how logic works.

The protestors decided to bend the knee during the national a them as a sign of going 'half mast' to show that the country and it's law enforcement isn't infallible. That is what the protestors explicitly stated and anyone claiming this is a protest towards the military are just trying to deflect.

It has nothing to do with the military.

The point of a protest is awareness. Those players have already donated millions and contributes hours of community service.

You believing otherwise tells.me that you don't really care about what they are protesting about because a casual search would show how players like Kap have actually been involved.

Separate the awereness part of their cause with the community service and donation part. They are separate and many players have done both.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They aren't protesting the flag, and this isn't about the military.

They are protesting the American justice system for being biased which it is. That is what they are protesting by lodging a complaint to the republic. They are entertainers that are also minorities. And many of the people who cheer them on also are biased against their race, and they are willing to take a stand. Good for them.

You have every right to stop watching the NFL and say what you want. But if you are going to tell lies about this being about the military or the flag, I'm going to correct you. Stop this nonsense of making stuff up so you have a reason to condemn them and belittle their cause.

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I do care about what they are protesting. Blacks trying to say their problem is the police prevents blacks from dealing with the real problem of black men getting into trouble.

I as a black man would like us to focus on problems we are responsible for. The reason there are negative interactions with the police is because there are too many interactions with the police

Honesty i dont expect nfl players to understand this

15. fchowd0311

I mean you can keep on waiving a magic wand over a very concerning issue of low standards of entry in many departments in this country.

See you are moving goal posts. At first, you agreed with their cause but didn't agree on the platform they were doing it on.

Now you are saying their cause is irrelevant.

Policing in this country does need drastic reform and people like you waving a magic wand over it isn't helping anyone.

There already are severely studies that show departments target poorer minority neighborhoods over petty possession crimes relative to suburban neighborhoods. Studies have shown that officers tend to be paraniod when pulling over a black individual.

The profession in many departments in this country has become a low skilled profession and with the amount of responsibility we place on these officers, it shouldn't be.

#1115 fchowd0311, Oct 19, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
    mdrowe00 likes this.
  16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I never agreed with their cause. Police kill more whites annually however blacks commit more total murder annually despite being only 14% of the population. The black murder rate is 5times the rest of the country.

The problem policing the ghetto isn't the police. The problem is the ghetto

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Вы очень хорошо защищаете своих друзей на ПРАВО.
    Я не покупаю вашу проганду и пытаюсь подражать черному американу.
    Сожалею. Это хорошая попытка, хотя #NopeNotBuyingIT
    Vy ochen' khorosho zashchishchayete svoikh druzey na PRAVO.
    YA ne pokupayu vashu progandu i pytayus' podrazhat' chernomu amerikanu.
    Sozhaleyu. Eto khoroshaya popytka, khotya #NopeNotBuyingIT

Rocket River

FranchiseBlade and fchowd0311 like this.
  18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@Rocket River

Your Haiku was better. Seriously i used to not read your posts. Im glad you post in more standard prose.

19. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I can assure you the problem is 'White Colonialism'. You go to every country colonized and conquered by white people and you have the same problems as a America. White people asserting their government and laws to serve themselves. It doesn't matter where it is, Latin America, South Africa, North America, Australia, or New Zealand. The indigenous or people of color face the same issues worldwide.

20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Absolutely not the real pgabriel.