1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 10/17/2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

pretty awesome news to wake up to, just gotta say

2. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I have a hunch that if every single head coach in the league was asked who they'd like removed from the Warriors roster before playing them - 29 would choose Green.

I don't think you'll find one player, or coach, or GM, or anyone associated with a franchise that truly believes Curry is the best player on the Warriors - let alone in the whole entire F'ing league.

I know he'd be the third in the pecking order for players I'd choose to remove from the team in a matchup.

The proof is in the pudding - how quickly has the league moved on from trying to make him the face of the association - because even they realise that just isn't believable.

don grahamleone likes this.
  3. amaru

amaru Member

Nope. I just realized how dominant that team is and how hard it will be to beat the 4 times after April

4. OTMax

OTMax Member

Hahahah perfect comeback, love it!! Also love how he's injured, really don't care.

By the way, how did people find the referees tonight? I thought they did a pretty solid job, some of those on the rebound and on their drives I was sure they would not give us the benefit. In that regard, it was solid. However, we were fouled on quite some drives and even 3pt shots that they didn't call. Also on some of their 'blocks' with at least 2 guys it looked like quite a lot of contact. One on Harden was clean though.

I do hope Harden and CP3 will stop falling down so much, Harden was clearly looking for a foul on 2 of them where he fell when he saw it was not going in...they also had some questionable calls both ways so overall it was pretty decent considering how protected the Warriors are.

Also, Kenny is a dumbass and I don't expect much from the other guys on the panel. To say CP3 is useless is just asinine and clear bias. Even with struggling, he made a clear impact with his passing and defense. I'm actually disappointed and surprised by Kenny's low basketball IQ. He thinks he's smart, he's trying to look like it with the glasses and way of speech but rarely does he say things to makes sense.

#2204 OTMax, Oct 18, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  5. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Well thank you Houston for rewarding my faith of scheduling a sick day today to have my first drinks in 6 weeks whilst enjoying this fantastic game!

Some of my observations that I'm sure none of you care about:

- I liked how early Paul was bringing the ball up the floor instead of Harden. It didn't last long, but I hope it reaches a point in the season that Harden is more comfortable with relinquishing this role to Paul in crunch time too.

- Harden looked like a man on a mission early driving into the lane instead of settling. Lays to bed the nightmare thoughts of him not doing this in fear of the no fouls the league had mandated. He did settle for that one iso long ball at the end of the game, but overall it was a solid performance from The Beard.

- I was up out of my seat hollering when EGo had that huge first slam. Wasn't expecting that finish at all. Not sure why, but he looks like a whole new player even from last season. Dude is legit our third all-star. No perimeter makes and he still put up those numbers? Sign me up for 82 games of that beautiful mess please.

- I mean, I said it in the offseason. PJ Tucker was going to be absolutely huge for us. I noticed a few on Clutchfans didn't think he was a good pick up or didn't think he'd fair well with this team. I never understood that line of thinking. He is the perfect player for this team - and one we DESPERATELY needed. So glad he put his hand up in his very first game to be recognised by the doubters.

- We had some truly atrocious breakdowns in defense in transition - but the bright side there won't be many teams apart from the Warriors who will make us pay for that weakness. Jeff needs to fix that quick smart, because it honestly is just a common sense issue. But man oh man, it is a breath of fresh air our new defensive resolve! Switching on defense, and actually having our switch man clued in to what they're meant to do defensively is a huge lift for this team considering how bad we've been in the past.

- Mbah a Moute. For the minimum. Are you kidding me!? If anyone has ever said Morey needs to be let go, they should apologise now. If the greatest team in NBA history wasn't formed right now, Morey would have this Rockets team in line for numerous years of attacking the East for the privilege of holding up that trophy.

- D'Antoni waited too long to get Anderson out of the game at the end and put Luc in, but I'm happy he realised the necessity to do so eventually. I'm hoping in the long run he has the cojones like Memphis to bench Anderson even though he's making the money he is - for the benefit of the team. (Assuming Ryno doesn't improve on his last season efforts at Toyota Centre etc)

In summation, a damn good effort to start the season.

The thing I'm looking forward to most though - is the fact Paul and Tucker aren't going to let the same sh*t slide as previous seasons when this team gave up games which should've been in the bag and walked away with the L.

And people said we were going to miss Bev's intensity and drive :D

6. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

good post

7. abaker28

abaker28 Member

F#ck golden state. We won. Don't care how. Even better it was on the night they got their rings and in their house. So freakin happy the seasons started.

Balldon'tlie and the shark like this.
  8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

@swyyyguy will Harden teach CP3 how to beat GSW???

#2208 vlaurelio, Oct 18, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
    don grahamleone and Vivi like this.
  9. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

10. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

ha ha

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'm going to bed at halftime of all our games now

HTX Ninja, Os Trigonum and vlaurelio like this.
  12. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

I thought 2 were bs calls, but loved he got em. He's still **** on D.

SIL

13. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Who would have thought?

Ignoring midrange didn’t kill us and the team looked sharper andmore focused in the regular season compared to the pre season.

Miracles.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  14. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

ha, that's what I did. and I'm probably doing it again tonight!!

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

Screw em rings!

abaker28 and don grahamleone like this.
  16. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Really???
    All of those were fouls. You can see on the replay on 3 of them they were fouls. Just because he is tiny compare to harden doesn’t mean it’s not a foul. In fact he should have gotten 2 more which refs didn’t wanna give. harden on a drive got bumped by him then he hacked him. Another time he hacked Pj too.
    I really saw a lot of no calls on them. And they still not calling their moving screens. They called a bunch of moving screens and travels during preseason but I guess it was just for preseason.

We scored less 3. We shot less free throws. And we still won even with the refs helping gsw. Every time they miss or swallowed their whistles gear riots went on a run.

17. what

what Member

I'm glad y'all won, but Kerr knows he has an unbeatable team in the playoffs. So I'm not interested in his, "we have to be better" tour.
    It sucks, but this is the nba.
    They will probably reel off 29 straight after this.

Balldon'tlie and amaru like this.
  18. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Probably. But you never know. The Celtics were neck-and-neck with the Cavs in the East heading into the season and look where they are today. Not saying I'm wishing any harm on the Warriors roster, but they've made 3 straight runs to the Finals and they've got a few guys on that team with a history of injuries(Durant's foot, Curry's ankles, Iggy's back). Anything can happen over an 82-game season, especially when their players have so much mileage on them.

19. OTMax

OTMax Member

If they had ignored it in this game we might have lost and it’s a bad habit to think you can switch it on; a common problem for Harden and the Rockets.

20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They are not unbeatable in the NBA. That's why you play the games. This isn't a league where the best team on paper is just handed a trophy.