1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pro-Trump NBA fans

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 16, 2017.

1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

What if you've been dating a girl and she's decided to go MAGA on you. Is that a deal killer?

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Given a big part of Trump's appeal is anti-immigrant it would probably be more of a deal killer for her.

3. TheresTheDagger

4. conquistador#11

Pop was in training to be a spy against people like comrade putin. Donald was avoiding getting the clap(his words not mine). One is an tremendous coach in bigly games, the other is your presidente. crazy how life works out.

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I think Pop is not only a great coach and a future Hall of Famer, but a heck of a nice human being, as well. Very, very intelligent. I wish he'd run as a Democrat for the Senate against Cruz here in Texas. While I have no idea if he is a Democrat or not, it didn't stop Bernie. Regardless of party, I'd vote for him.

What was the topic again?

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Just asking because I know a couple for whom this is a point of strife. The relationship might not tolerate it. With other presidents, I would have said that was stupid because the realities of national politics are far away and a bit abstract for the midcontinent Joe Schmo. With Trump's election opening up social divisions about our own national identity (do we embrace diversity, what does it mean to be a patriot, how do we think about our own civil rights, etc), I think it's gotten very personal. Maybe these things should blow up relationships.

7. amaru

amaru Member

Who says you have to care?

8. Granville

Granville Member

Yeah, you thought.... enough said. Again Pop and his wife think he’s a jerk to the media but YOU “think” everyone loves his act....

There’s a difference in being blunt and belittling people for doing their job.

Trolling isn’t the act of proving you wrong

BruceAndre likes this.
  9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Hopefully no one, because I'd laugh at them for it. Like I said, I have no problem with random ass people stating their opinion, but Pop's political opinions don't hold any more weight than a random ******* speaking his mind at a bus stop. That was my point. Him being a good basketball coach doesn't lend any credibility to his political opinions.

BruceAndre likes this.
  10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I disagree.

Your comparison makes no sense to me. Sorry. Pointing out that a man of Trump's demeanor is demonstrably unfit to be President of the US is not a personal insult to a coworker.

11. bongman

bongman Member

hmmmm. For this thread, there is an action based on an opinion. Your 'flip' is not accurate. Tillman was showing support but was not proposing any action towards his support of the man so your question does not make sense.

12. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Maybe don't elect an entertainer to be president then? Maybe don't elect a guy who really really wanted to play the president in Sharknado to be president? Maybe don't elect an actor to president either? While you may have not voted for him, you and the rest of this country didn't do enough to stop him. Now politics and entertainment are one big cinema. Don't like it, vote against it.

13. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Uh no. You are wrong. All the candidates were crap. If you want to stoop to his level and act like a r****d like him, then feel free. The NBA has made it clear they want to stay clear of this petty, childish, ridiculous drama but the likes of you want it following you around in every aspect of your life. Again, this has nothing to do with the national anthem and everything to do with people like you throwing a tempertantrum.

14. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Don't like it? Vote for a better Democratic candidate.

15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

What about a guy that belittles disabled* reporters?

Oh wait, that was against the rules..logic isn't allowed here!

16. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

you said 'telling the truth requires no justification' . i gave you an example why that's false.

17. durvasa

Very well. Then I'll amend by saying a citizen speaking the truth about the job the President of the US is doing requires no justification.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You say that now, but I have a feeling this board would have felt differently about people speaking the truth about the job the last POTUS was doing....

Of course that's not surprising, we know that it's all about tribalism anyway. The same people who are blowing Pop for what he said would be bashing him if he said the opposite things or had said similar things about the last president.....so it's really kind of hard to take seriously.

19. durvasa

Obviously if people think what he said is not true, they are free to object. Not sure what your point is here.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

My point is that those who agree with him are suggesting that he's some kind of an authority and that people should care about his opinion and the ONLY reason they feel that way is because they happen to agree with him. As such, it's hard to take this seriously.

Space Ghost likes this.