1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pro-Trump NBA fans

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 16, 2017.

1. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Popovich makes such compelling arguments. This is as compelling as Eminem's rant. How could any reasonable person not be convinced?

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Reasonable people don't need to be convinced by Popovich. Trump's behavior speaks for itself.

RocketWalta and larsv8 like this.
  3. tallanvor

then whats the purpose of his comment? Just pissing off a bunch of spurs and NBA fans to vent?

4. durvasa

Remaining quiet is tacit approval of his behavior, when we should be demanding more from our President. Every public figure with a conscience should be willing to speak out about it, because his behavior is destructive. If that pisses off the unreasonable, so be it.

el gnomo and larsv8 like this.
  5. tallanvor

speaking out for what purpose? to compel others? this is what i just said above. The way to provide pressure to a politician is to compel others to a position. Popovich sucks at this and actually hurts his own cause a la Kathy Grffiin.

What 'destruction' has Trumps tweets/comments caused in your opinion?

If popovich wanted to actually do good, he would be less emotional (its not like anyone is actually hurt by trumps comments) and he should explain what comments have been destructive. He took the other approach of calling Trump a no good poopy pants.

#25 tallanvor, Oct 17, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  6. durvasa

Speaking the truth requires no justification. The way Trump behaves as President should not be normalized, which is what happens if "reasonable people" choose to be quiet about it.

7. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

All of this drawing the line in the sand stuff is crap. You shouldn't have had to vote for hillary to be a basketball fan. Heck, I still like Eminem.

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Well whatever people’s intentions or attempt at using that vernacular. It’s lame. I see where you are coming from. The main difference though is Obama’s was respectful compared to Trump. If you disagree with social policies that is fine. But with the way trump tosses around insults and his “!” points. Certain people are going to give it back to him.

It is 100% perplexing that if you think Poppvich is classless. How the hell could not also think that about Trump also.

9. tallanvor

not justification. intent.

All of your comments seem to hint that the purpose is to try and stop trumps behavior or prevent someone with similar behavior from taking office.

how does popovich's statements achieve that? they dont. they hurt this cause.

Also speaking the truth quite often requires justification. If I call someone at work ugly, then my boss will demand i justify making a statement even if what i said is true. Popovich is pissing off some portion of spurs fans. he might need to justify that to his boss.

#29 tallanvor, Oct 17, 2017
  10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

If this is a serious question, then being a human isn't for you.

11. tallanvor

this is as compelling as Popovich's statement. You guys got this democracy thing down pat. No wonder you guys keep convincing people to vote for your positions.

12. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

He's an NBA coach with a Twitter account. What's with this self-righteousness? Why can our dumbass President tweet bull$hit tweet after bull$hit tweet but anyone that tweets opposition of his dumbass rhetoric is the idiot? He's leaked classified info openly during press conferences, tweets, interviews and probably during his private resort trips that aren't logged. He threatened to blow up NK twice over twitter. Who does that? Seriously, show me a tweet from anyone that probably isn't a dictator that threatens foreign policy over 140 characters or less. Why does that not deserve criticism?

He complains about kneeling. He said there are good Nazis. He $hit-talks people that have actually served in the military while dodging the draft himself, while claiming to be more patriotic than them. I don't care what Pop says. I care what our President says. To think you hold the head coach of a NBA franchise to a higher degree of integrity over the POTUS says a lot.

peleincubus likes this.
  13. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

So you think it's a good idea to threaten to blow up a country twice over 140 characters or less. You don't see the danger in that? You think it's harmless? Despite the WoW cartman avatar and your headscratching policy stances, I'd expect even you to concede threatening to blow up a country isn't exactly good foreign policy.

14. Anticope

Anticope Member

Corker came out recently and said his tweets had undermined diplomatic negotiations that had taken place.

15. tallanvor

Popovich isn't an idiot (never called him one). I did point out that he is hurting his cause. Trump does this with his comments often too. I would say Trump and Popovich have similar demeanor.

what exmaples did corker give?

I think war with North Korea is inevitable and no i don't think its harmed anything. People don't go to war over tweets.

#35 tallanvor, Oct 17, 2017
  16. marky :)

marky :) Member

What's worse is that people who use "triggered" and/or "snowflake" are usually the ones that are "triggered" and essentially "snowflakes".

London'sBurning likes this.
  17. Anticope

Anticope Member

None that I'm aware of, he is the chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, so I'm sure he's as aware as anyone of the damage being caused.

18. Granville

Granville Member

Not sure the guy who belittles reporters on the reg should be calling others out.....

BruceAndre likes this.
  19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Why would you blindly support every president?

Shouldn't your support be based in merit rather than the position the hold? Especially since the office is considered a public service rather than the office being considered a position of 'ruling' over it's citizens?

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You see it as hatred that people are irked the most powerful position on the planet is held by an unhinged idiot who doesn't even understand the difference between life and health insurance instead of being rationally concerned?

el gnomo and London'sBurning like this.