1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2017 NFL Draft/1-12] Deshaun Watson

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Apr 27, 2017.

?

Do you like the decision to trade up & select Deshaun Watson?

1. Yes

90.8%
  2. No

9.2%
  1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I'm just messing with you bud. Teasing is all in good faith sir.

3. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

You have definitely been unfair at times, but it's good to see you are coming around... It's amazing what happens when we actually design an offense to fit the QB instead of the other way around.

red5rocket likes this.
  4. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Bobby also thought mallet was going to be great. Pretty much he is wrong about everything.

TheRealist137 likes this.
  5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I literally never said that....but then again, you've never let that stop you in the past.

6. tmacfor35

[​IMG]

7. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I am not going spend my time looking for it, but you were on the mallet band wagon.

8. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I think the main issue some are having with your takes on Watson is that you essentially said that his arm strength is weak to the point where it would basically take a miracle for him to do well in the NFL... Since there have never been any successful qbs that throw the ball at the velocity he showed at the combine. You put too much stock into something that is basically irrelevant. And you also pointed to the fact that if you combine that with his accuracy issues, its basically set in stone that he'll fail. Of course, you also left some margin for error by saying if he works hard, you'd hope he can be a decent qb for the Texans.

Htownballer38 likes this.
  9. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Bobby,
    For the record, I'm just giving you a hard time. I respect your opinions. What do you think about Tennessee next week?

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Of course, why would you check to see if something stupid you said was accurate or not? Accuracy wasn't your goal, trolling was. Par for the course with you.

I never said his arm strength was weak, again I keep getting these inaccurate revisions of history and it's weird. I pointed to his struggles with ball velocity and accuracy as examples of the results of poor throwing mechanics and I suggested that it would take him some time to fix those things and I thought it would take so much time that we were looking at next year before he got it down. So sure, he put together a very good game way before I thought he could, but I wasn't saying that he'd never be able to do it.

That's the problem with you guys, you keep spouting off with what you wish I had said so that you can invent a "gotcha" moment and you are ignoring what I actually said.

I think if the Texans want a chance to take the division, it's a must win game. The team should be encouraged by their showing in NE so hopefully they build on this game and take out the BE-SF's

11. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

So happy for the great showing by Watson but that one hurt. The future is looking up and it can't get here soon enough.

He really was doing video game level stuff - his ability to feel the pass rush, and defenders in space is uncanny.

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Dont watch much college football anymore. I hadnt seen much of Watson but was happy with the pick.

That being said i was blown away with the combination of athleticism and awareness.

The Texans knocked this out the park. He is everything you want.

He looked at lot like Randall Cunningham. Cunningham was very string for his slender build. Watson runs threw tackles.

And then the Farve like across the body throws. Unreal

13. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Bobby, you specifically pointed to his 49 mph and said that no qb has been successful throwing it that weakly. Nobody is getting that part twisted... You harped on that constantly and consistently.

Aydge and macho GRANDE like this.
  14. tmacfor35

Bobby made some pretty unremarkable comments about Deshaun that were already broken in less than a week. He deserves the little digging he got the last two days. Its all in good nature.

Htownballer38 and macho GRANDE like this.
  15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, I did say that, but I also pointed out that it wasn't related to arm strength, that his inconsistency with accuracy and ball velocity were related to footwork and throwing mechanics. You can't just take part of what I said and go off in a different direction with it. With the poor footwork and poor mechanics he showed at times in college, at the combine, in preseason, and in his first appearances in the regular season continued, he wasn't going to have success as an NFL passer. He did a damn good job yesterday and those issues didn't show up. Hopefully he's figured it all out and wasn't just one good game before reverting back to the bad habits he came into the league with. We'll see.

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

If BTG now likes Watson then I fear for Watson's chances

RasaqBoi likes this.
  17. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

He doesn't have a cannon, but arm strength isn't too shabby.

He threw some lasers and of course the one across field. Guaranteed pick-6 if Manziel or Schaub.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It was never about arm strength, it was about footwork and throwing mechanics, when he does everything right, it looks really good, when he does it wrong....well it looks like his interception.

Hopefully going forward he'll continue to do it right more and more.

19. Nook

Nook Member

Bobby never said he thought Mallet would be great. From what I remember he said he thought he deserved a shot because he has a strong arm and was big.

Bobby never said Watson wouldn't be good either, he said he had to improve his decision making and accuracy.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

When it came to Mallett, I was against the Texans ever trading for him, but given what we had to work with and a great sales job by Brett Kollmann, I bought into hoping he'd be decent. Seriously, BK could sell just about any player, he's very persuasive even when you know he's missing the mark.