1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump and sports

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Sep 23, 2017.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Trump aside... LOL

Besides the white supremacist sympathizing, ignorant, narcissistic buffoon who enjoys going out of his way to troll millions of Americans with childish rhetoric the likes has never been seen in American history... what are the protests about?

My Sunday has been exemplary. The only people whose Sundays were ruined are the closet Trumpanzees who like the idiots they are, support black athletes in their athletic events for 3 hours every game but reject everything they as human beings and fellow citizens say they and people like them face in society at large.

2. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Lots of boos from fans in response to the kneeling. Guess there are a lot that agree with Trump.

3. conquistador#11

asking for a friend, but if kaepernick blows trump, and trump blows comrade putin, does that make comrade putin bisexual ?

4. adoo

adoo Member

the latest eg of Drumph diverting attention from the following
    • he is about to lose for the 3rd time in repealing ObamaCare
    • the Russian investigation is heating up
      • Manafort was a Russian plant in Drumph's campaign
      • reprots of Kushner setting up private email accounts to handle WH business
      • Roger Stone is scheule to testify in the House Intell Committee

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  5. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yep. The WH is manufacturing a crisis to distract from the dumpster fire that the Trump administration has been.

6. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

When you disrespect Prisoners of War, and never apologize for it, you don't get to say one word about disrespecting the flag.

7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Exactly, it's all cold calculus. Sad and terrifying, b/c dude is selfish enough to set the entire country on fire if it benefitted him.

HakeemOnlyFan, Yung-T and vlaurelio like this.
  8. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Can I say it?

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well you might be young and inexperienced in the world but people care most those like themselves. This is basic biology and the way humans have evolved. We are a tribal species. And I have seen it over and over. Those who go beyond consistently are the rare breed - and truly the best of humanity. But they are not the majority sadly.

The idea that disrespecting the flag is somehow disrespecting the fallen or those who have fought is ludicrous. If you fight for a flag, you are a lost soul. You fight because it is your duty - your duty to your country. The flag is not the country. People need to understand that. Burning a flag is a symbol of dissatisfaction with the country, not hatred for it. Dissent is the root of reformation. If people begin to worship the flag and by extension claim America is perfect you enter into dangerous territory. The strength of this country is in dissent. Those who don't understand this don't really understand what they were fighting for and what that flag really means. The flag is strongest when it is disrespected, when it is shredded, when torn and burned. That is what makes America the bedrock of democracy and openness to ideas - that the flag is at the end of the day, nothing more than a symbol of freedom.

Anyone who thinks not kneeling during the national anthem as wrong, doesn't get what makes America great. Of course, they are probably the same people wearing those "Make America Great Again" hats.

HakeemOnlyFan, Yung-T and el gnomo like this.
  10. TheresTheDagger

Careful. You might be treading on his "free speech".

11. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Despite my best efforts to remain withdrawn from crossing lines with regards to politics and sports....here I am.

If, while living in a country whose very name contains the word United, you find yourself hot and bothered over a group of men demonstrating unity...maybe it's time for you to reevaluate some things.

Unity shouldn't scare you. Equality shouldn't threaten you. United we stand, divided we fall. True then, true now, true it shall be.

HakeemOnlyFan and vlaurelio like this.
  12. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Rex Ryan wishes he never supported Donald Trump: 'I'm pissed off'

"Everyone's always been united. Yeah, the views are different but lemme tell you: I'm pissed off. I'll be honest with you. Because I supported Donald Trump. When he asked me to introduce him at a rally in Buffalo, I did that. But I'm reading these comments and it's appalling to me and I'm sure it's appalling to almost any citizen in our country. It should be.

"You know, calling our players SOBs and all that kind of stuff, that's not the men that I know. The men that I know in the locker room I'm proud of. I'm proud to be associated with those people. I apologized for being pissed off but guess what? That's it, because right away I'm associated with what Donald Trump stands for and all that because I introduced him. I never signed up for that, I never wanted that. That doesn't mean I support 100 percent of the things he says."

HakeemOnlyFan and Yung-T like this.
  13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Everything is a Confederate monument for Trump and his supporters.

HakeemOnlyFan, Yung-T and dobro1229 like this.
  14. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Free country, you can say what you want. Trump has no business lecturing others on respecting our military when he insulted POWs and never apologized for it.

15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

And it's working. The people here exemplify that if/when he's in real hot water 30 to 35% of the country is team Trump to the grave. Going after "spoiled black athletes" is a huge winner for his base of aggrieved older white people because the thing most people in this country are obsessed with more than anything is sports and Trumps hot take is exactly the hot take the older white man has been saying for 20 years in the comfort of their living rooms.

This is why they love Trump. He can say what they really think. This is a winner for his base at the expense of tearing at the fabric of our country for the sake of poltical protection from the Russia investigation and other things that will test his presidency soon enough. Basically ... everyone in the GOP is scared to death of the Trump base because they know their loyalty as we all see here first hand.

Carl is right... everything with the right is about "monuments". A symbol of how they believe their life used to be or they thought it was in the good ole days when everyone acted the way that made you less uncomfortable and stayed in your neck of the woods. Of course few of them have the guts to say what really is the issue here and instead hide their arguments behind "monuments" where their opinion can be more safe in public discussion.

16. CCorn

CCorn Member

17. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

You can hate the kneeling and hate Trump.

The only thing that truly aggravates me is the fact that all of these athletes are foolishly playing right in to Trump's hand. Never mind that his entire regime is a disaster right now, we have people who hate America, or that's the narrative he can run to gain support.

By doing this they are solving nothing, while creating this fictional america hating boogeyman that got Trump into office in the first place.

I hate him with a f**king passion, but this isn't really pragmatically helping anything.

18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Never seen such a bunch of triggered whiny snowflakes in my life

[​IMG]

#378 DonnyMost, Sep 25, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  19. CCorn

CCorn Member

The people taking trumps side during all of this are going to support him no matter what.

He's out here praising NASCAR. Lol

HakeemOnlyFan and el gnomo like this.
  20. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Yup. Old, white and salty

HakeemOnlyFan and el gnomo like this.