1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Seven

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jul 12, 2016.

1. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

He's talking about the White Walkers, not the wights. The White Walkers had these magical spears that can be thrown with precision, why not just throw some at the group of men who were just sitting ducks?

2. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Yeah apologies I didn't read the full comment, I started typing halfway through.

But have amended it since then.

3. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Movies would not make a lot of money because the viewers would be required to watch the previous episodes. GoT might be the gold standard for serial TV, but there is a good portion of people out there who do not watch GOT but would sit through a 3 hours movie.

Secondly I believe its less about budgetary concerns and more about not dragging it out for 15 seasons. There comes a point where the audience becomes bored. (IE: TWD).

don grahamleone likes this.
  4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Serious question....

Does the wight dragon spit out blue fire or just ice?

Dankstronaut likes this.
  5. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Serious question, how can anyone know this yet? lol

J Sizzle likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Can I say seriously, he is coughing up bones?

The blue in his eyes should suggest it is rather a Walker Dragon than a Wight Dragon.

FLASH21 likes this.
  7. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I don't read the books so I figured someone had insider info... I mean unless someone here considers that spoiler material.
    :rolleyes:

8. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

Which is very odd to me, because I assumed WWs could only be created with living bodies (ie. Craster's kids). Clearly that dragon was dead.
    Then again, the polar bear was obviously dead and had blue eyes, so maybe it's an animal thing.

Or not worry about any TV logic at this point, and go with whatever looks cool.

daywalker02 likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You are right though, I thought the bear had a corpse body while the whole body of the dragon was preserved and he just died seconds or minutes ago.

I am hoping Viserion still recognizes his brothers Rhaegal and Drogon.

10. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

The show has already passed the books in the timeline. Anything that the bookreaders know that hasn't happened in the show, probably isn't going to happen at all.

iconoclastic likes this.
  11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Yeah I wasn't sure what to call it, white walker(flyer?) or wight dragon... I assume the Night King will be riding in on his shiny new dragon when he tears down the wall.

My opinion about the episode was that it was hella entertaining overall, yes the logic could/should be questioned, but the series is coming to an end and I've decided to just sit back and enjoy the ride... regardless of what weird twists and turns arise.

Another thing is that I could have done without Arya and Sansa's squabbles. They're sisters for God's sake! Get over it... oh I was never pretty enough, oh I had to put up with Joffrey... boo-fu**in-hoo get over it!! And where the hell is Bran in all this, still sit up next to that dead ass tree I guess lol

Again I'm enjoying it for what it is, entertainment.

justtxyank likes this.
  12. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

"Hey Dany, before we split, could you make one last dragon run at those guys with the spears?"

Show over.

justtxyank likes this.
  13. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

If anything this season has shown that these dragons aren't this indestructible force that Dany thought them to be when she first started this war.

First Bronn injures Drogon with the giant ballistae spears. Then the Knight King takes down Viserion with his Olympic worthy WW javelin spears.

14. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Wouldn't mind seeing one of those ice javelins take out Sansa and Arya in one shot

DonnyMost, justtxyank and RudyTBag like this.
  15. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

Lol, seems like it's harder to defend the show now. First the serious discussion and listing out the slim possibilities of things happening according to the show, then well this is fantasy, can you accept dragons? Then well they're already strapped for cash, and no profits, what have you done with your life?
    Seriously guys, compare the scene in the tower of joy in the finale of last season. The music, the transition from Lyana, Ned, Baby Jon to Jon and the North. Now we have stupid plots and nonsensical shots just to look cool. But the dragons/triple doubles bruh....:cool:

Heyp, I think we need a term for those who defend the TV show every week without fail. Since you got the ball rolling with book huggers lol. BTW love your post with the Great snipe. The picture really drives it home. The TV show writers must've had them in mind when they wrote the scene.

• Is the Hound a fake tough guy? He's the type to tell Gendry to stop whinging but he's the biggest posse when there's a flame going. Even when they burnt the dead priest he had to look away. We get it writers, he's traumatised because his bad brother burned his face off. Is he supposed to freeze up everytime there's an open fire?
    • Tyrion has been a waste of character this season. Absolutely no redeeming scene whatsoever. What was the point of having him tell Dany NOT to go save the rest of the guys who support his queen? I guess when they regroup minus a dragon, it'll be a nice conversation starter. Back to the drawing board guys, while we try to think of a new plot to move forward to after gifting the enemy a dragon, but you guys dont know that yet so that'll be a nice **** your pants confusion happening.
    • I love it when Sansa pull that cheap ass face mask from what looked like a duffel bag? Its supposed to be a human face and Arya keeps it stashed like a dirty jock strap in her gym bag :D
    Don't worry guys, I'm not miserable. Having a fun time watching this, just not taking it seriously as some. I really hope the finale will make the last 2-3 episodes forgotten. Would love to see more Bran, less Arya and Sansa.
    Hopefully when they do the remake, they rewrite this season's worth of story.

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  16. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

This is what happens when you screw around for multiple seasons and have to rush through the most important parts near the end.

17. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Injured him only after he wiped out the bulk of their entire army.

With one show of force she managed to make the Lannisters all but give up. No human army would have stood a chance.

18. ths balla

ths balla Member

"Littlefinger manipulated her into thinking that Brienne will side with all the Lords of the North once they are informed of the scroll.

Sansa will attempt to cross Ayra to prevent that from happening - where Brienne's allegiance will be to the sister doing the noble thing - and she will defend Ayra."

Why is what was written on the scroll considered such a secret & being used a leverage against Sansa. Everyone should know about that letter, Robb read it allowed to all his men and knew Sansa was forced to write it. Also, everyone in the realm should know that kids at that age were used to write fake distress letters or as leverage in these situations.

19. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I believe most of the original banner men, that would have heard that at least, died at The Twins when Rob was betrayed?

don grahamleone likes this.
  20. Anticope

Anticope Member

If they had given some sort of indication that the Night King was setting a trap to steal one of Dany's dragons then I could much more easily accept that (plus it would be a pretty cool twist), but they didn't really give or try to indicate a reason why the white walkers and their army sat there for what was apparently days staring at Jon and company without making a move. Something as simple as the Hound saying "we've been here for three f***ing days, what are they waiting for?" would've helped make a lot more sense out of the entire scene and indicated that it was a trap set up by the NK.

Things like this apparently don't bother some people and that's fine, it's still a very enjoyable show, I just don't think the show is living up to its full potential with this type of writing.

fba34 likes this.