1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Sam Amick) Harden slimmed down, fired up for upcoming season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Aug 19, 2017.

1. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

[​IMG]

No, but...he took the stacked 67-15 Celtics team to six games in the Finals, beat a great Knicks team as the only star on the roster (no player has done this since), then he came back the next year and led this franchise on the most improbable championship run in NBA history.

If Harden could even manage one ring against the current Warriors, he'd be doing it alongside at least 2 other star players. Hakeem was simply on another level.

#61 ClutchCityReturns, Aug 19, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
    Deckard and Mr. Clutch like this.
  2. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Can you recommend a first video I should start with?

DonKnock likes this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

thanks for the info, I'll try my 1st session tomorrow morning

DonKnock likes this.
  4. dc131

dc131 Member

must be the a1 sause

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I am very much a big a fan of his
    I like his game. . he growing in heart more and more

He won't be all heart like Steve Francis
    but
    He won't be all talent with no heart like TMac

Rocket River
    *snipe*Snicker*

6. hakeemthagreat

a) Vernon Maxwell wasnt the team's best player b) Vernon didnt have a history of looking disinterested in elimination games

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  7. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Having the most lucrative contract in NBA history helps with the embrace.

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Yeah, completely different. He quit because he was mad about losing his starting spot to Drexler.

He said on the Clutch movie that it was the worst mistake of his life.

I love Mad Max.

Deckard and macho GRANDE like this.
  9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Its not really the fanbase though its the over reactive cf community headed by chicken littles who expect that every player should be perfect when they are on the team.

This is just a very vocal minority I'm pretty sure majority of fans didn't abandon him. I didn't see jerseys getting burned, thats because CF toxic community is all bark and no bite they talk like they're gonna commit suicide out of anger "trade harden" "Fire Morey" "Les should sell the team" but nothing really happens.

DonKnock and Mr Chuck Norris like this.
  10. roslolian

roslolian Member

False. He can get that money anywhere else. He is not even drafted by Houston so he isn't eligible for the monster max like Curry was.

Also he has an even more lucrative shoe deal going on at some point the money is just a number to you. Its more of the respect and importance that the money symbolizes rather than the money itself.

11. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I am still pissed about game 5 and 6. We should've won both of those games along with the series. But hey it is what it is and Harden is our guy for the next 4-5 years. Therefore, I will continue to pull for the Bearded One.

As far as him being better than the Dream, heck no.

BTW: FTW leave JJ Watt and the Texans out of this. I don't know what JJ has done to you, but you need to get over it and mive the heck on.

Go Rockets, Texans and Astros

macho GRANDE and kjayp like this.
  12. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

What happened to the rest of his career?

13. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

The Showtime Lakers would beat the Warriors in a 7 games series as well.

Jordan and the Bulls would beat them as well.

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Pretty sure Harden got the supermax from Houston

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He can move faster now.

16. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Don't act like you wouldn't be a Rock-tard celebrating fool if one happened. I love Hakeem like you wouldn't believe, but if Harden made me forget about him for even an instant.. that would be special. He's so close. He's right there.

17. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Correct, he beat teams far better than the Warriors. If you don't think the show time Lakers were stacked, you don't know basketball. Hakeem is the greatest playoff basketball player to ever live. MJ had great teams, Hakeem was a one man hero.

Either way, Harden has an ability unmatched and he'll take the life out of the Warriors soon enough.

#77 don grahamleone, Aug 20, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  18. roslolian

roslolian Member

Oh yeah right, that's cause Harden got traded on his rookie deal. Still, the increase is only 70M total more than other offers he can get, that's not an amount Harden can't walk away from if he really wanted to leave. Harden is not the type of person who gets blinded by $$$, he even hinted that he would have been willing to sign for less than the max if OKC didn't trade him away.

19. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

If harden can win 2 titles in this era than we can have a discussion.

In all seriousness he is underrated by the national media and even his own fan base.

Harden is easily one of the top 15-20 offensive players to ever play in the NBA he's extreamly gifted on that end. It's the winning chips and defensive reputation that will never allow him to be considered a top 15-20 player alltime though.

Harden and Lebron are the two best offensive players of the last 15 years imo.

Sure curry and KD deserve mention there great scores but Lebron and harden can be the entire offensive system while getting 50+ wins. That's extreamly hard and rare at any level of play let alone the NBA.

20. Classic

Classic Member

He took his talents to Toronto.