1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Sam Amick) Harden slimmed down, fired up for upcoming season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Aug 19, 2017.

1. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

So? Do you forget how to swim or ride a bicycle? Harden is smart and knows how to play off the ball. He knows when and how to slash. Problem is, for the entirety of the time he was on the Rockets, who has he ever had to play off of? Please don't say Lin or Lawson.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

You don't need to play with superstars to move off the ball.

Anyways, hopefully he does, I'm just doubtful

3. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Really like that he added yoga.

As someone who does yoga regularly I can attest that it will help with balance, speed, strength, and injury prevention.

Hopefully his core extension stability has improved which would help him stay vertical on his shot meaning he will shoot better when fatigued.

Kendrick Lamar and Reeko like this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

I've been thinking about starting yoga ever since I heard Vince Carter say that it's helped him to feel good and still be able to play in the NBA at his age. This gives me extra motivation to start. I'm young, but I want to age gracefully and still feel good when I'm over 40.

DonKnock likes this.
  5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It's good to see Harden looking rejuvenated with the addition of CP3. Tucker and Luc will help us defensively too. Capela has to make a major jump in order for us to become a real contender, but Clint appears to be the same guy more or less. Chris will help him with his P/R along with James, but that won't be enough on offense. Ryan has to show consistency too. His playoff performance was quite anemic, to say the least.

DonKnock likes this.
  6. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

No, but you do have to play on the ball when you are the only competent creator on the team.

saleem likes this.
  7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

It's amazing to me when people question his work ethic. Don't get his club pics get confused with his dedication to get better. He's proven that literally every year he's been a Rocket.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Was Summer 2014 a long time ago?

9. hakeemthagreat

This is hogwash. Lets not forget that game 7 vs the Spurs. He quit

10. Mr. Clutch

OKC was a long time ago.

In 2014-15 he was great. I wish he returned to playing like that.

11. Mr. Clutch

I agree he should play mostly on the ball, but you don't have to play on the ball 100% just because your teammates aren't superstars. Both McHale and D'Antoni (before getting Chris Paul) mentioned wanting to move Harden off the ball more

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Game 6.

hakeemthagreat likes this.
  13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm genuinely at a loss attempting to understand this post. After Sampson was hurt, quickly declined, and was then traded, and we lost Lucas, Lloyd, and Wiggins to cocaine, Dream was largely left on an island. We weren't a contending team after the '86 Finals regardless of how well he played, and that literally went on for years. I'm also getting sick and tired of reading about how great Golden State is. I would bet a $100 without blinking an eye on the same '86 Celtics team that beat us that year if we had a time machine and could have them play Golden State in a 7 game series. Heck, I would wager more than that. With all due respect, some of you are crazy.

14. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Start today. Best decision I ever made.

People severely underestimate how important stretching, posture, and balance are.

Best way to get into it is going on YouTube they have tons of 30 min-hour long routines you follow along with.

#54 DonKnock, Aug 19, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
    Reeko likes this.
  15. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

The 2017 Warriors would run circles around that Celtics team

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I very much stand by my statement. They can run around in circles all they want, but they would have bruises after the game, fouls would not be called that are called today, and it is a bit hard to win if you have hell scoring. That's not even getting into the most cold blooded b*stard I ever saw on a court, Larry Bird. You just have no idea.

Blake, kjayp, Richie_Rich and 3 others like this.
  17. OTMax

OTMax Member

Maxwell "quit" too, have you ever questioned his drive?

18. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

It would be interesting. That 1986 team with prime Bird, McHale and Parish also had a rejuvenated Bill Walton coming off the bench. Walton might have been the greatest injury casualty ever in the NBA.

19. theimpossibles1

Him saying he is doing Yoga and pilates and working on his diet is extremely encouraging to me. Tells me he is putting his ego on the shelf and is focused on winning now. Cp3 and Harden are both in that 'winning > me' phase. So exciting.

DonKnock likes this.
  20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

"Abandoned" the hell out of him? Or just called him out for a putrid god-awful worst loss differential of the season without Kawhi Leonard playing and only 2 field-goal attempts in the first half?

I mean, something suspicious was going on there, but I'm not ready to just forget about it. He can earn the goodwill back quickly, and I expect that he will.