1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

False Equivalence: 74% of Political Killings By Right Wing Extremists Since 2007

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by gifford1967, Aug 16, 2017.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

nahh.. not equating groups like BLM to Nazis.

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

To those saying that Islamists are right-wing: Why then is it the left that always supports them, makes excuses, relativizes their actions?

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I can't disprove something if no data is provided. Provide the list of events used in that study. This information should not be a secret and you should be concerned you can't find it.

Bobbythegreat and AroundTheWorld like this.
  4. fchowd0311

Can I just make a point to posters like ATW and Tallnover in regards to why moderates and left leaning indivudals usually harp more on right wing terrorism than Islamic terrorism?

This past week actually pretty much strongly reaffirms my point.

The notion that ISIS is evil and extremist Islamic terrorism is a problem in the globe especially in Europe and the Middle East is held as an objective notion that pretty much everyone, left or right will agree on. There is no debate there other than how we handle the problem. There is no debate that what these terrorists do is evil.

The left has more concern with right wing extremists in the US because a SIGNIFICANT more amount of American citizens sympathise with the neo-nazi protesters than ISIS advocates. That's why we talk about it more. It's really that simple.

More people in the country I LIVE IN sympathize with Nazism than extremist Islam thus it is a larger problem in my country.

Hakeemtheking, arno_ed and dobro1229 like this.
  5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure that's true. But both are equally shitty, I think we both agree on that. And it's a travesty that the US president doesn't.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

67% of republicans agreed with trumps response

I won't hear a single person the next six months tell me face to face they believe in shariah law or honor killings or terrorism, but I will encounter several white nationalists in that time span. My president won't rewteeet any pro-Islamic tweets, but he will get thousands of retweets and likes for posting Lost Cause nonsense, white nationalist propaganda, etc.

dobro1229 and fchowd0311 like this.
  7. tallanvor

so? you are claiming that if you approved of trumps speech you support white supremacist and nazis? wtf?

Truth is, Nazis and white supremacists in this country are very broke, disorganized, and small in numbers. If anything, the left are the ones helping them most by giving attention to their small, pathetic group. Charlotteville was a great success for them because of this. Next time they want to group up and yell just ignore them.

It should be very telling that dishonest studies like this one and the one dobro posted keep cropping up. IT usually means the opposite is true. If what they were claiming is true then there would be no need to lie.

Yea if you define a white nationalist as liking Trump. What a bunch of horseshit. When you push this lie and inflate their numbers it only helps them by making them look stronger than they are. Marginalize them.

#67 tallanvor, Aug 18, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  8. fchowd0311

"Both sides are equally bad" is what makes me conclude that anyone who supported Trump's response have some shared views with these white nationalists. We are comparing a group of explcit Neo Nazis and people who were rightly offended and offended enough to take action.

I doubt you would think both sides are the same if the protesting group was advocating for baby rape and bystanders in the streets with their children were offended enough to shove and scream at them. I doubt you would agree "both sides are the same". I doubt the same percentage of Republicans would agree with Trump's "both sides are equally to blame" statement if he stated it in this hypothetical context.

9. tallanvor

Yea and that's your problem. You assume that a person who thinks Antifa is just as bad Nazis must also think white people are the supreme race and immigrants are evil. Its unbelievably dumb.

BTW both groups are fascists and Antifa has way more money and support than Neo-Nazis.

10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I don't know how you can claim such when you said you haven't seen data.

11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

12. fchowd0311

Yes I absolutely think that if you equate Antifa with Nazis in their moral equivalence, you more than likely have some white nationalist sympathies.

I'll ademently stand behind that notion. Comparing the reactionary movement to one of the most despicable ideologies ever created to the actual despicable ideology is laughable to the point where I think you must be trolling.

I don't agree with many of Antifa's methods.

I don't agree with the CORE concept of Nazism. Sorry if that makes me 'dumb'.

13. tallanvor

If you mean the study of this thread, I made the assumption that any study that would hide its methodology and data is lying. Nobody has shown mean the data yet.

If you mean dobro's study, they did post dats and they were lying.

14. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

15. tallanvor

what makes you think I am white? what makes you think I am a nationalist? I've been posting my politically views here for years. Can you point to some post?

16. tallanvor

I believe thats the study dobro posted which is a lie. It include Nazis killing pedophiles in prison and calls it right wing extremism. It also calls bank robberies by white supremacists as right wing extremism. Not to mention just the blatant dishonesty of starting the study on September 12th and white washing 3000 dead people.

17. fchowd0311

Does it matter? My statement still stands.

I mean there are other rational conclusions that can be drawn also if you actually believe there is a moral equivalence between Nazism and Antifa, but that means I have to call you an idiot which would be the only other logical conclusion other than

a. You're trolling
    b. You have white nationalist sympathies.

18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Yes this thread. You can highlight that concern and be skeptical of it --- all very fair, but if you claim they lie, you need to produce your own number to back up your claim.

19. tallanvor

Its fine. We've got it all here for everyone to read. Your claim is that anyone who thinks Antifa and Nazis are similar must also believe whites are the supreme race and immigrants are evil. I don't need to go further with this conversation.

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I love how it's "Dobros" study now. Even if the study is off by let's say 10% and there isn't 3x more right wing attacks and there are only 2x more... what are we supposed to apologize to white nationalists and Tellav for misrepresenting the extreme right?

What are we really trying to argue here and why is Tellv trying so hard to stick up for right wing extremism? Why so invested in seeing their name cleared and muddying the waters to equate an anarchist malitia like Antifa?

And yes... if you think there is nothing wrong with equating Neo Nazis who murdered an innocent girl to the people protesting Neo Nazis you are complicit at the very least and racist yourself in some cases. I have no problem saying that. Go cry like the girl on FoxNews who couldn't handle getting called out for holding racist views.

It's funny how the term snowflake is used to describe liberals but "how dare you call me a racist" when you are literally sticking up for Neo Nazis. Go cry to yourself on the daily stormer message board snowflakes. Sorry life has been so bad for you as a discriminated Caucasian.