1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another Day Another Uneducated Angry White Trumpanzee

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by CometsWin, Nov 26, 2016.

1. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

That there are good white nationalists. Sir, I think you clearly do not understand, nor does Trump, what you are up against. No matter what you think about antifa, or the alt-left, there is no way you or him can draw an equivalency between them and white supremacists. None.

If Trump were smart, he would be able to criticize the left extremists while still denouncing the white supremacists in the strongest terms possible. But your President is, as he has proven time and time again, not smart enough to do that.

He is not intelligent enough to handle the job of President properly. He would be better off resigning and going back to what he really likes to do- CEO.

edwardc and Kendrick Lamar like this.
  2. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

He literally did that. He condemns all the white nationalists and then condemned the violence that came from both sides. I'm kind of getting sick of repeating myself over and over again. Can you people go back talking about Russia please?

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Justin Moore, the leader of the Grand Dragon for the Loyal White Knights of the Ku Klux Klan, told WBTV’s Steve Crump in a voicemail that he was “glad” Heyer was killed and others were injured in the vehicle attack.

"I'm sorta glad that them people got hit and I'm glad that girl died," Moore said. "They were a bunch of communists out there protesting against somebody's freedom of speech, so it doesn't bother me that they got hurt at all."

"I think we're going to see more stuff like this happening at white nationalist events," Moore added.

Moore applauded Fields’ actions and called the suspect a “white patriot.”

"Nothing makes us more proud at the KKK than we see white patriots such as James Fields Jr., age 20, taking his car and running over nine communist anti-fascist, killing one [expletive] lover named Heather Heyer," Moore said in the voicemail. "James Fields hail victory. It's men like you that have made the great white race strong and will be strong again."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/1...ple-got-hit-girl-died-in-charlottesville.html

Kendrick Lamar likes this.
  4. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Disgusting.

Kendrick Lamar likes this.
  6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

To the people supporting Trump when he says there were good people on both sides ...explicitly citing the KKK & neo-nazis, how would you feel about a group of protestors supporting ISIS or some other deplorable group? You think it would be appropriate to say "both sides are to blame" . This guy really is a class A piece of shitt. Our education system has really failed the kids of today. The confederate flag and Nazi salutes are inherently the two most anti-american things you can get behind. Our two deadliest conflicts, hell, one specifically stood for the dissolution of the country itself and fought tooth and nail to uphold slavery. Sure you can make the argument for free speech...but like I said...he would never voice support for other disgusting and deplorable groups. There is something about white supremacy that is intrinsic to this guy and his supporters. The phrasing is just so awkward and disturbing. "Here we have the child molestors, and the people protesting the child molestors---but really.. some very FINE people on BOTH sides.."

How people can contort themselves to support those views is incredibly disheartening. If you support the Donald, you are a piece of shitt. There is no way around it. He has said a lot of things, but there is a point where it can be said that even with the naive folk have no excuse.

#986 LosPollosHermanos, Aug 16, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
    CometsWin, WNBA, el gnomo and 4 others like this.
  7. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I'm not feeling outrage either. I don't know if that's what other are feeling as well. For me, more of initial puzzlement, can't believe it and sadness.

Let's break it down a bit.

5 group of events.

1- A white supremacist used a car to hit 20 people, killing one person.
    2- Alt-Right / WS / Nazi and Alt-Left/Antifa fought.
    3- Alt-Right / WS / Nazi protesting removal of Statue - scum: blood and soil, jews not replacing me, hatred messages
    4- Non-Alt-Right/Left peacefully counter-protesting Alt-Right / WS / Nazi.
    5- People watching, not protesting (this include pretty much the rest of the nation)

You should not massively group these into "both" sides or Right side vs Left side. It's not accurate. And I don't know how you said #3 is good in any way. These statements embolden Alt-Right / WS / Nazi. They also cause more division from among the massive majority that aren't either "alt-right" or "alt-left". With more division, more folks will likely join the two extreme. The AR/WS/Nazi movement will grow, viewing a president that is supportive of them. The violent response to them likely will also grow. #4 will absolutely also grow.

The president could have easily simply stated the following in clear terms.

#1 is a terrorist act by a WS.
    #2 is unacceptable violent from Alt-Right / WS / Nazi and Alt-Left/Antifa
    #3 has absolutely the right to protest, but deplorable unacceptable behavior from Alt-Right / WS / Nazi
    #4 is decent people peacefully counter-protesting (extra smart and decent - talk about Heather Heyer and her story)
    #5 is rest of American witness the above 4 and I'm here as one of you (calm the nation, unite all)

Ultimately, Trump failed miserably to lead and act presidential and has caused a much greater chances of future clashes and violent.

I'm reminded of the phrase, words are more powerful than swords. In our case, POTUS has both the words and swords. So, sorry, but we can't afford to standby quiet and simply ignore the empowerment of the Alt-Right / WS / Nazi.

Hakeemtheking and Kendrick Lamar like this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

You need to travel in better circles.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

And now, worldwide reaction begins...

German minister accuses Trump of glossing over right-wing violence
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...c6e9&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

10. conquistador#11

Watching the colombian news after pence visit, people close to the great pope francis talking about expeling the u.s ambassador to the vatican, none other than gingrich's wife.

11. NewRoxFan

Kasich: Trump needs to ‘listen to the people’
    http://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/346748-kasich-trump-needs-to-listen-to-the-people

edwardc likes this.
  12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Unfortunately it wasn't a day among people I chose to hang out with haha

13. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Excellent post. It is important to stop honoring the men who fought a civil war so they could continue slavery. The analogy to Germany not honoring Nazi war leaders or having statues even for more sympathetic figures like Rommel or the millions of brave soldiers who were in their minds fighting for their country is apt,

Anyone who wants to move beyond racism should realize that it is time to move toward a new type of Southern pride that excludes pride in the Confederacy or even the bravery of its soldiers. Today's Atlanta, Houston, Austin have much to be proud of in comparison to the coastal elites, so there should be no need for continually worshipping the Confederacy.

CometsWin and conquistador#11 like this.
  14. NewRoxFan

Who would have thought that we would ever need to have our military leaders need to speak out against racism, white nationalism, KKK, and neo-nazis, but under the Trump/republican presidency, here we are:

15. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Where is Bigtexx with all his (to him) cutesy dog whistle racism in these threads?

16. NewRoxFan

Curious where all the Trump supporters are... suspect they are like many republicans right now... watching RocketLegend post violently insane support of Trump, smiling and quietly nodding their approvals. Just as the David Dukes and Richard Spencers are doing...

edwardc likes this.
  17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

That is not what he did.

He explicitly condemned them.

In his typical dumbass, ham fisted way of speaking toward large groups, he generalized that there were likely some good people in the "keep muh statues!" group.

19. NewRoxFan

"This is where we are" - part 2: Trump's own personal lawyer, having to emphasize he is not a racist, even though he supports Trump (and note the "some of my best friends..." pictures). Honestly, if you feel you need to explain your support of Trump like this, you really should reconsider your support of Trump...

conquistador#11 likes this.
  20. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

They are pretty much racist so they are probably cheering this on. You have plenty of his disciples trying to justify the white supremacists actions.