1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Derrick Rose to the Cavs?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Snow Villiers, Jul 20, 2017.

1. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

warrior fans are straight garbage, they are delusional and have latched on to a new overhyped player... LONZO BALL LOL. these drake stans are straight kids

2. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...g-cleveland-cavaliers-discuss-1-year-contract

Free-agent guard Derrick Rose is meeting with Cleveland Cavaliers officials in Ohio on Monday, league sources told ESPN.

Rose has been engaged in serious discussions on a one-year, $2.1 million minimum deal with the Cavaliers.

Rose met with the Los Angeles Lakers on Friday, but has been leaning toward the Cavaliers opportunity, league sources told ESPN.

Rose's visit comes amid Kyrie Irving's trade request, which the organization has been aware since starting discussions with Rose recently. The Cavaliers have been fielding multiple trade calls and offers for Irving in recent days but do not yet have traction on a possible deal, league sources said.

Rose has been largely interested in finding a contender to help revitalize his market value, especially after a frustrating and dysfunctional 2016-17 season with the New York Knicks, league sources said.

Rose, 28, averaged 18.0 points for the Knicks last season. The 2011 NBA MVP had season-ending knee surgery in April but has recovered and has returned to full-time preparation for the 2017-18 season.

3. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Killatron 2000 and el gnomo like this.
  4. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

He's a troll that lives in his mom's basement playing a character on a message board.

red5rocket likes this.
  5. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Will sign with Cleveland according to Shams

daywalker02 and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I wonder if this means Cleveland will just keep Irving?

One more run, why not really?

A pretty deep team, doesn't get them past the Warriors but...if the Warriors suffer any injury you are right there to claim your championship.

7. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

warrior fans are the biggest lightskin colorist in the nba, if you aint lightskin they aint giving you no hype. Durant should have joined houston

8. lalala902102001

So Rose is going to be the Cavs' starting PG next season after Kyrie is traded? Actually that's not bad. Rose is becoming the most underrated player in the NBA this summer.

9. jsingles

jsingles Member

1 year 2.1M? Surely an 18 ppg player could have got more than that?

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2017/07/derrick_rose_cavaliers_agree_t.html

CLEVELAND -- Derrick Rose and the Cavaliers agreed to a one-year deal for $2.1 million contract Monday after spending the day together, discussing how the team will return to the Finals without Kyrie Irving.

Rose, 28, the 2011 NBA MVP whose career has been hampered by knee injuries, is on his way to the Cavs looking for the first trip to the Finals after eight pro seasons. He's also looking at a potential starting spot in the same lineup with LeBron James, now that Irving has asked for a trade and James is eager to see him off.​

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  11. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

was thinking the same. maybe he thinks they're still contenders. I think lebron needs to have a pep talk with kyrie to see if he'll stay. roster doesn't look that bad after this signing.

12. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

This signing is really pissing me off. If Lebron is committed to winning this season, Carmelo will still consider them. But can Lebron be stupid enough to believe Melo, Rose and one of Love/Irving is enough to win even 1 game in the finals? Come on.

13. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Herb.
    [​IMG]

14. BackdoorHarden

LBJ, jR Smith, TTBOY THOMPSON AND KHOLE all ready for that

g*ngbang TRAIN!!!!

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  15. BackdoorHarden

Gangsta lean.

What set you from fool? $260 millions worth and DRose still want to be a gang banger

[​IMG] [​IMG]

16. BackdoorHarden

DROSE must be the dumbiest guy in sport, next to that guy that just killed himself.. What's that name of that gang banger in New England???

""In posing for this picture, I am guilty of being young, naive and of using extremely poor judgment. I sincerely apologize to all my fans for my mistake. I pride myself on being a good citizen, and role model, that young people can look up to and I want to urge all my young fans to stay away from gangs and gang-related activities.""

Recently, a photo has been circulating on the Internet which appears to depict me flashing a gang sign," Rose said in the statement. "This photo of me was taken at a party I attended in Memphis while I was in school there, and was meant as a joke ... a bad one, I now admit. I want to emphatically state, now and forever, that Derrick Rose is anti-gang, anti-drug, and anti-violence. I am not, nor have I ever been, affiliated with any gang and I can't speak loudly enough against gang violence, and the things that gangs represent.

17. y2Joem

y2Joem Member

well, he did cheat on his SATs

18. BackdoorHarden

boy, they done said you is a troll. What you gotz to say about yourself, boy? You fittin to let them talk crap about you? Don't let me front, fool

19. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

we take opiods n shiet, we wuz in cavez n shiet. we do meth and shiet

20. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

His agent is BJ. Nuff said.

jsingles likes this.