1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Last chance for the Phoenix Suns -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Official] Mariners @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

He said the pain has been recurring. Explains why he sat yesterday.

He played in the ASG with this pain.

Here's to a speedy recovery.

BigM likes this.
  2. KeuchelForPresident

According to Statcast, McCann runs the bases at approx 23.3 feet/second, while Gattis runs at 26.1 feet/sec. Not sure if that little bit of added speed would have been enough to beat the throw at second base, but it sure was fortunate for the Mariners that we had our slowest guy on first when there was a faster player (who plays the same position) sitting on the bench.

CometsWin likes this.
  3. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Regardless of the official diagnosis I'd put Correa on the DL and call up Moran. Gives them a 3B option so Marwin can still roam around and Bregman can play SS in the meantime as well. Have more than a big enough lead to be safe.

4. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Oh, no, we are absolutely NOT going to be reeling. I've been to 2 games this year, and we've lost both, and I have tickets to the game tomorrow, so there's no ****ing way we're losing tomorrow. If we do, I'm going to buy tickets to every ******* home game until they win so I can see at least one victory in person.

(note to self: calm... peace....think positive thoughts....)

fiersdownbelow and texans1095 like this.
  5. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Here's to him never doing a dumbass head first slide into home again, either.

texans1095 and Yaosthirdleg like this.
  6. conquistador#11

damn he sounds disappointed. Best case scenario correa is back in a couple of days. Worst case, what the doctor kevorkians suggested in this thread. In both scenarios, he'd be brought back to life by the playoffs.

Sipp was just another reminder to jeff that a move must be made for a reliever or a starter.

7. Buck Turgidson

McCullers has to start pitching better, that's 3 in a row now.

8. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Correa has a legit MVP shot so it'd be nice if he avoids a long DL stint for that alone.

texans1095 likes this.
  9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

If its a lingering injury that has a chance of getting worse by tweaking it again and again... he needs to sit for about a week or so (or however long he needs).

They have a 15 game lead. This is where you use it to your advantage. Guys on this team don't have to play through pain right now.

10. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I think if they lose tomorrow you need to stay away from MMP. Don't sacrifice the team for your goal of seeing a victory. :)

11. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Well of course. I'm just hoping it's not something that takes him out for a while. If he needs to sit for this to get better than that's what needs to happen regardless of anything else.

12. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I'm not sure of the exact numbers, but judging games after the last few losses I can pretty comfortably say this: I feel bad for whoever is pitching on the Mariners tonight. An angry Astros lineup is coming...

13. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

You may be right. I will do whatever it takes for the team. I would wear a Texas Rangers jersey for a month and hang a framed picture of Josh Hamilton above my desk if that's what it took, no matter how repulsive that thought may be.

the shark and houstonstime like this.
  14. DaChamp

DaChamp Member

He's only made it past the fifth inning once in his last six starts. Not looking good at all.

Peacock and Fiers have been our best pitchers over the last six weeks, two guys that many questioned would make the roster out of spring training. Had McHugh been active, one of those two guys likely would have been traded for scraps.

15. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Agreed. I have no idea how a team winning nearly 70% of its games could possibly move on from such a tough, single loss. Reeling? I'd wager many of the players are contemplating their very existence and what it all means. I expect a prolonged losing streak and potential franchise-implosion. Because of this one loss - their 31st of the year. If you're a spiritual person, I'd pray for these Astros...

16. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Give it a rest. He only said "a couple days".

Those said days will/should feature no availability from Devo, Giles, or Harris.

Astros might be lucky if Correa is 100 after a couple months.

#356 Houstunna, Jul 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  17. SemisolidSnake

Hah, that's dedication. I WILL ATTEND YOU GUYS TO VICTORY, DAMMIT! I love it. :D

18. awc713

awc713 Member

Was thinking Kemp originally but I agree. Moran has been raking.

19. SemisolidSnake

Aww, c'mon. I was very careful with my words. Baseball has a huge mental component. If you get out of your groove and change one little thing, knowingly or unknowingly, about how you play, you can go into a slump, pitch a bad game, make errors in the field. Young players in particular are susceptible to this, and this is where having a good manager and some experienced teammates can really help the young guys.

It's easier to come back from a blowout loss. That just wasn't your night. A grueling loss centered around so many missed opportunities like last night is much more difficult. Compensation is needed, but not overcompensation, which is easy to do.

And, yeah, I expect this amazing team to not let it get it to them for more than a few games, IF ANY, but if there was ever a time it MIGHT get to them, it would be after this loss. And that's what I said in my original comment.

20. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

The Astros haven't lost back-to-back games since June 11-13. It's only happened five times all year. This team seems perfectly poised to weather the tumultuous storm of a single loss......