1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Lonzo Ball thread.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jacoby, Jul 8, 2017.

1. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Will Lonzo have more media attention throughout his career than LeBron? Kid's gonna be good, but I think this might already be on par with Lebron Haters/Dick Riders. I personally like Lonzo and want him to succeed, but I am not going to inflate every little thing he does right nor will I inflate every little thing he does wrong. Let the kids(all rookies) play man....

pugsly8422, Easy and RudyTBag like this.
  2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Uh, Yes it did and still does. If he had ANY shooting ability he would be absurdly good, and even with the worst shot the NBA has ever seen, he is still a decent guard.
    T-Will doesn't have anywhere near the passing ability, nor the character that Lonzo has. Have you heard each of them speak? No comparison. Lonzo is a POINT GUARD and a leader. Embarrassing example. Lavar is NOT a bad influence. He is a FANTASTIC influence, and more importantly, he takes ALL the heat. Amazing Father who has raised a confident, driven and respectful Boy in Lonzo.
    What was his three point percentage in college? (41 percent)

10 assists, and don't forget the 6 rebounds a night. So you are starting off with 10 assists and 6 rebounds per game. And we are sitting here b****ing about a 19 year old's open jumpshot when he shot 41 percent from three in college. Smart... My bet is he eclipses 35% on his NBA three VERY quickly. Now you are talking about 14-10-6 with a couple steals and good percentages. (55% from the field in college)

6-6 point guard that is immediately one of the best passers in the entire NBA, who happened to shoot a blistering 55% from the field, and 41% from three in one season at UCLA, and he is 19 years young. Two summer league games (One in which he has a triple double), and people are bursting to trash this kid. I wish you guys were GMs so Daryl Morey could make deals with you.

#102 RudyTBag, Jul 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
    tmactoyao and justtxyank like this.
  3. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Nicely stated...

4. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

The 4000 year old Earth, Universe.

#104 RudyTBag, Jul 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
    roslolian likes this.
  5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

His dad is obnoxious but I have nothing against Lonzo aside from him playing for the Lakers.

6. malakas

malakas Member

Your bet is he eclipses 35% 3s my bet is that he won't be able to shoot unless he's wide open unguarded and only very low volume.
    Rebounds? I don't care for pg rebounds if they are uncontested defensive rebounds. That's just westbrook style stadpadding.

I don't know about others but I don't hate or b**** just coz of his father. Aren't I allowed to say my opinion?
    My opinion is that because he isn't a good shooter, a good and fast penetrator in the paint and has awful defensive stance and habits he will not be a star.
    Maybe he goes in the league and his remakes his shot mechanics and becomes superfast by a miracle. I will not be counting on that.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

If Lonzo plays like Rubio but the Lakers surround him with great talent from free agency, his 2nd contract will approach $100 million.

[In Lavar's voice]: "It's good as done."

Plus, Lonzo will be better than Rubio.

8. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Daddy Long Legs and el gnomo like this.
  10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I'm going to keep inflating Big Baller Lonzo's big balls.

11. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You are of course entitled to your opinion. But at least admit that it's just two games. You are using his two-game shooting percentage to ignore his shooting percentage of an entire college season? Sure, it's a different competition. But at least give it a bigger sample size before you make a statement that "he is not a good shooter."

13. malakas

malakas Member

okay. I mean..it's not that my opinion matters or is a condemnation or anything. It's just a simple fans opinion. lol I'm not a scout or anything.
    Ofc it's very early. He has all the time in the world to prove otherwise.

What I can say as a fan, is that I dont' get the hype with Lonzo and I at least don't see where the superstar potential is. But who cares

Pen15clubber and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  14. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I think he can be a decent shooter. Gets good rotation on his shots, and has a surprisingly quick release (see SportScience video below), but that sideways form is going to be a problem.

rm365 and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah, his form is ugly. So was Kevin Martin's. If Martin could be one of the better shooters in the league, maybe Lonzo can too. IDK. He is a pass first kind of PG. If he can hit wide open shots to keep the defense honest (unlike Rubio!), then he should be fine.

16. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I heard Hubie Brown's voice in my head when I read this paragraph.

17. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

need i remind you that he was the #2 pick and that he went to the lakers. they just don't want another guy in lala land especially at the cost of a #2.

18. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

Ugly is one thing, but his looks like its susceptible to be blocked since he brings it up from low. Reggie's was ugly AF but no one was blocking his shots when its shot from above his head and at the top of his release.

He has the quick release working for him though.

rm365 likes this.
  19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Kmart wasn't a better shooter, he was an average shooter who just understood shooting 3s and flopping for fts would result in better efficiency.

Anyway we'll see but damn, getting groin pains when he hasn't even played an NBA game? How fragile is this kid? At least Fultz got hit in the face.

20. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

As of now I don't think he has the physical gifts or shooting to be a truly elite player.
    Who knows though. Depends on his work ethic and durability.