1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2017 "Harden why u do dis" Breh Draft

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Yung-T, May 31, 2017.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

This isn't true anyhow and looking at my starting five should tell you different.

He doesn't have a single post scorer who can create for himself except for Jordan, who is guarded by the best perimeter defenders of all time.

This doesn't make any sense honestly, I'd like to know a single offensive play besides Jordan ISO/Jordan P&R that makes sense for that team, I tried hard but don't see any.

His team on offense is Jordan paired with 10ppg guys who can't create, while I have Payton, Bird, Bynum, Jackson, Middleton, Perkins, Christie etc, my team offers drastically more options on offense and has 5+ guys who are legit number one/two options in the NBA.

There's no way his team outscores mine, at least convince me otherwise by describing any kind of functional offense for a team that solely relies on a Jordan that is guarded by all time great perimeter defenders.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Centers do not get the ball only through the guards, PGs, they can rebound.

I told you Bynum isn't popular here. I think a lot more dudes voted for Lwqbulb.

Jordan and Olajuwon are players that can carry a team even without multiple allstars, they probably just need one.

Gerald Crash Wallace and Ibaka's offensive output are vastly underrated here. They are 16-19 ppg scorers.

And they are as good defensively.

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

How does this address my points? There's still no functional offense, no legit offensive player besides Jordan and atm you can't convince me anyhow that my team scores less points than his.

I'd really like to see someone explain in detail how that team scores more points than mine.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I tell you how it is go on between you 2.

Your guys can't score much on Deke, Ibaka and Sarbonis, and his guys will be slowed down.

Maybe you ask the others. I only noticed nobody is voting for you except probably Donatas who got other views I do not share.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I do not have to convince you. You are 1-4 or 1-5 down by votes. Unless I am not seeing right.

I honestly thought it would have been closer.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Kirk Hinrich is a good passer IMO. He should have started Hinrich. I would have drafted his arse.

Beverley is underrated here, we know he sparked the Rockets esp. in the Playoffs. His playmaking isn't the worst, he rebounds and he can shoot.

Sure, you have better players at PG but does not mean he is all useless there.

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

This is f***in Portland injury-riddled Sabonis, we only use NBA seasons.
    Bird and Bynum can't score on Ibaka and injury-riddled old Sabonis, are you nuts?

And Payton, Jackson, Middleton, Lawson, Christie get outscored by Beverley, Hinrich, Redick? What the F, honestly.

Again, describe any kind of scenario where I'm outscored. His only scoring advantage on any position is MJ, who is defended by all time greats that don't even have to focus on the other perimeter players.

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

So Hinrich is your reason to explain how he has good playmaking, while I have Payton and Lawson at that position, plus the 2nd best passing forward of all time (Bird) starting and Christie?

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Why are you actually mad at me. Lol I did not give my vote to Lwqbulb, one of the only ones...... lol you need to take a pill here or relax.

In theory Jordan might be slowed down but he has never been in the NBA.

I was putting myself in the shoes of the others.

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

If I we're mad I'd simply curse you out, I'm just straight asking for facts and an honest basketall discussion because this doesn't make any sense to me.

Plus you should look back how you behaved after the first votes against your team, breh. Not one bit better than me, we're both defending our team in a non-insulting matter and that's it.

daywalker02 likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol I was having fun with Donatas who wasn't even here for the most part but you like him so I went with it.

He said I can't stop Shaq and Shane Battier.......role players who are 5th options. He has it out for me obviously.

You yourself admitted it was going to be hard against LWQ. His squad looks really good on paper.

I dun want to waste more time at this then I have to. 15 days lol and peeps like RedRed aint really interested in this. You can see it.

I changed my tune, I am not taking it serious. Period. Friendship is more valuable to me, even if it's virtual, non existential interweb socialization.

We could run some old stats sheet and see who outscores whom but it really aint matter.

You can try and still contact the others, maybe they can turn the tide for you.

#1051 daywalker02, Jun 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If it were strictly Fantasy Rules I would be among the Finalists.

My Frontcourt is plastered with talent that has not been tapped 100% meaning that normal Fantasy leagues are after those players.

IMHO as I understand it, Fantasy is about what could be and not what is already in the past.

So players like Fultz, Simmons have incredible value. That is fantasy.

I might add that fantasy is also about versatility and use of players for sure, players that play many positions.

What we are playing is just reminiscing about the past, past glories, past stats.

I am ok if I go out the next round because rules are different. I shouldn't care that much.

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Except he was completely slowed down by Payton in the playoffs. :oops:

Again, I'm just trying to have a Basketball conversation. When I hear ish like "but your defenders will get fatigued" aka three all time defenders splitting minutes on Jordan, while Bev, Hinrich and Ibaka have to defend Payton, Bird, Middleton, Jackson and Perkins, I don't know how that fatigue ish makes sense to anyone and only applies to my team somehow.

Or how Payton, Bird (two guys who could score 50+ easily) and Middleton+Jackson (two 20+ppg guys) get outscored by guys who aren't even the 4th option on their normal NBA team.

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

You are mixing up fantasy with dynasty. Normal fantasy only accounts for actual performance, while dynasty is where you draft with future in mind. But even then, only the current season performances have any meaning.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Maybe I listened too much to ESPN, I probably incorporated their belief in Fantasy value which is Versatility and Players who are fresh and still not being close to peaking or a zenith.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The thing is yeah you could have dead serious basketball conversations in every other thread.

You can't let the seriousness get into a fun game, it takes the fun out of the game. Yeah sure, Europeans like to win, even these games, but it isn't worth arguing in this kind of threads.

I mean heated argumentations.

There are other threads for this.

Especially in a game where you and me are taking it too seriously. Others are not remotely spending this much time.

So have fun! Get into the zone for other discussions. I regretted getting myself involved too deep in these conversations. It aint healthy for my mind.

#1056 daywalker02, Jun 21, 2017
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Impossible for me to judge. Whatever we come up that is subjective. There is virtually no objectivity.

Would I put the ball into the hands of Payton or Jordan? I do not need to answer it.

Again, well fine. One game. One series. I already knew Payton did that to him but how many times did Payton do this, can he score like Jordan?

This is about how many games a player can recreate that. Michael would not be MJ if he was shut down like Harden and never won a championship.

Your selling point should shift to Bird than Payton IMO.

Again, you still got a chance to turn this around if you rally the disinterested folks out there. Jontro our friend hasn't voted for you.

I would worry about completing that game in less than a month than winning it all. This game is 15 days long, this is crazy.

It aint really fun. There is less and less fun each day. Gotta rekindle interest all over.

#1057 daywalker02, Jun 21, 2017
  18. lwqbulb

lwqbulb Member

That is why the matchup should be Sim in the next draft. Though they don't always produce acurate results but are quite reliable. I have seen many Yutubers using the Sim and is quite accurate.

Well for my team is always defensive minded that's why I added Steve ker who will bring in offensive schemes like screening and cutting. Ibaka and Wallace are good at those specially Wallace. Prime Wallace carried a lowly bobcats team to the playoffs I will say he is underrated here. He made a living slashing to the rim. Ibaka with his New found 3 point touch would help space the floor and mutumbo would set mean picks for cutter. I have jj redick at the bench to run off screens when mj sits, which is quite rare in the playoffs. Maxwell will bring an offensive spark too people forget he was the 2nd leading scorer in our first Houston championship and was a decent scorer throughout.

Basically my team will run 2015 2016 warriors like offence with mj as the main man. Don't want to quote 2017 as they had too much star power. But people forget warriors were just an average team even with curry and Klay until Steve came in. Mj Gravity will help others get their shots. People will say he will do too much but he won't have to with the schemes Steve ker will bring in. Imagine mj coming off screens from Ibaka and mutumbo for a mid range shot. Though Yung team have good defenders for Jordan but that will change when he is coming off screens and cuts.

I would have definitely have the edge in terms of Defence and boards with Wallace Ibaka and mutumbo in the front court. Sabonis off the bench will bring scoring and versatility as well. Payton and bird will get theirs on Yung team but I believe the other options will struggle due to my defensive presence.

#1058 lwqbulb, Jun 21, 2017
    daywalker02 likes this.
  19. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Don't sleep on Jokic as a 6th man... dude is already the best passing big-man of All-Time. I'm serious

20. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Jokic had a 26 PER on the year compared to Porzingis 17. I had a feeling he'd be overlooked since he didn't start, thats why I try trade Shaq for Bird. Stockton-Bird-Jokic would be the highest b-ball IQ, best passing core of all-time.