1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Better Call Saul Season 3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 13, 2017.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think his cray mind.

2. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Think so, I'd have to rewatch the episode but I think the actual counter think on the front, not the rotating disk, never changed....

Kind of figured that where Chuck's story was going.....curious to see how it's dealt with going forward....

Yung-T likes this.
  3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Just checked. You're right. It remains on 00374 from the first time he checks it (hard to see, but you can read it) to the last time when they focused on the number.

kaleidosky and Yung-T like this.
  4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Nobody talks about the only virtuous man on the show. Howard. Curious to see what happens with his character over time. If he didn't dress and act like a Dallas douche he might be more likeable.

Howard never sold drugs, conned anyone or BROKE HIS BOY.

kaleidosky, jo mama and GRENDEL like this.
  5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

yep, Howard is the good guy

we are just programmed to think of him as the bad guy in these sorts of stories

6. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

He's a really interesting character.

There is just all kinds of douchbagginess about him but he stood by Chuck's side, tried to help him until someone he considered a friend and mentor pushed him into a corner.......

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He just has the typical douchbag tag on him but he is a smooth virtuous son of a gun.

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  8. SuraGotMadHops

I was a little disappointed we didn't get another Gene scene in the finale. Last we saw him he fainted at Cinnabon.

ghettocheeze likes this.
  9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I find that interesting, too. How we expecting him to be a typical douche law firm partner, but we end up admitting he's a good guy, and how he did do right by Chuck and Jimmy.

But ... there is still the thing of Kim not liking him. Aside from Nacho's dad, Kim's the other virtuous character, and she doesn't like the most virtuous man on the show.

ghettocheeze likes this.
  10. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

What are you talking about?

Just a few episodes ago, Howard acted like a total douche in the parking garage when Jimmy approached him. He put up a nasty fit and then did the only thing his class of people know: offer to throw a wad of cash to make someone go away.

He again acted in the same douchey manner when he "bumped" into Kim at the restaurant in front of her Mesa Verde clients, which prompted Kim to get up and write a check for her student loans so she could feel free to tell Howard to go screw himself.

At this point, I would be happy to see Mike take Howard's collar pin and stab him in the face with it.

11. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

I don't really take the parking garage scene as "Howard being a douche." I take it as Howard shining on a light on the real motivation behind Jimmy wanting the case to settle quickly (so he can get paid). Yeah it was a jerk way to do it, but it definitely got the message across. Do you really believe Jimmy's motivation there was to make sure the little old ladies got paid faster, and it wasn't all about him?

Yung-T likes this.
  12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

To me, Howard is in the right. He has no reason to be nice to Jimmy or Kim, both of whom benefited from Jimmy breaking into Chuck's house and tampering with documents at the expense of Howard's firm. We've also learned that Howard actually BACKED Jimmy early-on. It was CHUCK that never did.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Kim and now Nacho's dad are both on the - see no evil, hear no evil - track.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Steve Barnes broke down the Story well

The extremes of the show so far . . in the legal world. . . are Jimmy and Chuck
    Chuck - Virtuous but highly unlikable
    Jimmy - swarmy and duplicitous as hell . .. but Highly Likable

Their surrogates are them but not as much
    Howard is not as unlikable and not as virtuous as chuck
    Kim is not as likable but more viruous than Jimmy

Last episodes. . . . Jimmy and Chuck's haymakers. . . nuclear options. . . . Exploded
    Chuck's simple "I never care for you" . . . as a mega bomb to Jimmy which I think we will see develop later
    Jimmy's bomb on Chuck exploded when Howard's disappointment and near hatred pushed Chuck away
    from the one thing he love. . . the one thing he worked most for. . . the one thing he earn . . . HIS RESPECT in the world or law
    (i.e. his company)
    Trust and believe Howard using his own money was hatred
    Very well acted imo . .. the silent anger
    Then to watch the fakeness of his send off
    Howard just slid back into character like it never happened

Rocket River

15. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

So how does Chuck get the rest of his pay out?

Howard gave Chuck 3 million, but his shares were 7 or 8 million correct? Did they draw up an agreement? Did the check get cashed?? Did it burn in the fire? Jimmy doesn't know about it, and I would assume he would be in charge of Chuck's estate if he is dead..

Could be a big part of season 4

16. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Did anyone buy it when Chuck said he didn't really care for Jimmy much at all? It felt like a half honest conversation. It was like he was just letting go of Jimmy as not to burden him any longer as far as Jimmy having to be there out of brotherly obligation to take care of Chuck. At the time, I'm not sure Chuck knew he was about to relapse into his condition or not? Chuck knows Jimmy almost better than Jimmy knows himself so it seems highly plausible that he knew Jimmy was going to show up and he was putting on a show that would ultimately allow him to cut off his relationship with Jimmy once and for all. And, that was the final straw before he knew he could just go back to being his crazy self. Maybe he was waiting for that moment before he allowed himself to implode?

17. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

They never put him at the end. Only in the first episode of each new season. Just like the last season of Breaking Bad, with bearded Walt.

18. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

any chance Chuck did something bad to Jimmy before which caused him to develop this condition? It seems like he slip right back into it after being mean to Jimmy.

maybe Mike planted a bug in the house when he installed the door and that's what's drawing energy. gonna have to wait a year to find out now.

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I don't think so . .. it was the last arrow in Chuck Quiver.
    He knows . . .. Jimmy wants nothing more. . . . than his respect
    EVERYTHING about Jimmy is about getting Chuck's respect and love
    Chuck's last parting shot was to let Jimmy that he never matter and therefore would never get his respect.

He wanted to hurt Jimmy one last time.

Rocket River

20. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Me too.