1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Mueller, Former F.B.I. Director, Is Named Special Counsel for Russia Investigation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, May 17, 2017.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

His job, as an ethical prosecutor, would be to recuse himself in order to avoid the appearance of impropriety. It's okay if you don't understand that, I get how you are likely blinded by partisanship as is happening all too often lately. I also understand if the issue is simply that prosecutorial ethics are over your head.

Investigating and prosecuting things related to Russia that don't hinge on one of your personal friends' testimony is completely different from attempting to prosecute a case against one of your personal friends former bosses for firing your personal friend due to allegations by your friend that he was wrongfully terminated. Hopefully you can take the specific names out of the equation and see what I am saying. A person in that situation would appear to be too close to the case, so it wouldn't matter if they were actually capable of doing the job or not. The appearance alone is enough for an ethical prosecutor to recuse themselves.....and if they aren't ethical, that's reason enough to have them removed from the case.

2. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The senate panel probably doesn't want to step on Mueller's toes. He recently met with members of the intel committee. So some parameters were probably coordinated.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  3. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Mueller is loading up for bear. Pay close attention to the type of experts he is bringing on board...

Robert Mueller Chooses His Investigatory Dream Team

Keep an eye on this guy; especially if the buffoon fires Mueller:
    You trumpkins who hold out for exoneration will finally get to see whatever proof is in the buffoon pie. Believe me.

KingCheetah and FranchiseBlade like this.
  4. adoo

adoo Member

Stonewall Session, the weasel being called out by Colbert

also, Jeff Sessions’ testimony that he didn’t believe he had contacts with lobbyists working for Russian interests during Trump’s campaign has been contradicted by a Russian lobbyist, who says that he was invited to a dinner hosted by the weasel
    • “I did attend two dinners with groups of former Republican foreign policy officials and Senator Sessions,” Russian lobbyist Richart Burt said.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jun/15/lobbyist-russian-interests-jeff-sessions-testimony

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Hopefully Mueller will get Rogers and Coats to talk (where they refused to talk in open investigation in front of the Senate). This must have been the reason people were pointing at Rogers as key testimony before the Senate committee. This also collaborates Comey's story.

TRUMP TRIED TO CONVINCE NSA CHIEF TO ABSOLVE HIM OF ANY RUSSIAN COLLUSION: REPORT

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-tried...ogers-russia-investigation-fake-report-626073

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

LOL... the building case for obstruction of justice is getting to point that this republican congressman is already creating an excuse for Trump...

GOP congressman: Trump may lack language 'discipline' to avoid appearance of investigation interference

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/15/politics/kfile-gop-congressman-trump-discipline/index.html

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  7. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

When is pgabriel being called to testify?

8. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

I wonder what happen to him, is this all because of him voting for Trump and have to justify his vote or something else.

9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I wonder how Trump feel about that. GOP congressmen just said Trump didn't obstruct justice because he's too dumb to do so.

10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

wo, did you just say that? lol. I see why Trump is ok with you now.

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

"Lack the language discipline"? LOL, this is too good.

Yes, he lacks the discipline that some of us call "language."

He wasn't trying to obstruct anything at all. He just... lacks language discipline.
    He wasn't, um, sexually harrassing you, madame. He just... lacks language discipline.
    He wasn't trying to steal your money for a fake university, good sir. He just... lacks language discipline.

He didn't mean "war" like most humans mean "war," sorry, China. He just... lacks language discipline.

I really love this new Orwellian construction from the GOP, if you can't tell. Forgive me. It's a new high/low.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I did. An ethical person doesn't just recuse themselves when they are actually compromised, they do so any time there is even an appearance of impropriety because the appearance of impropriety erodes the public trust. These really aren't advanced concepts here, you shouldn't struggle to comprehend them. If Sessions refused to recuse himself arguing that he wasn't actually compromised and that he was capable of doing the job, would you accept that? Of course not.....but when it comes to this conflict of interest you are blinded to it by politics.

13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

SMH. Session was caught lying. He should have resigned for lying under oath. I already addressed everything you said. As typical you, you keep repeating same old same. Keep repeating. Bye.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No he really wasn't caught lying and that's not why he recused himself from the investigation....I'm starting to understand why you are struggling with this so much given that you don't seem to understand the basic facts.

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

How can you talk **** what there is nothing to the collusion story

Scoreboard

KingCheetah likes this.
  16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

This is the first problem

The the theory someone changed their vote after reading those emails

If someone read those emails they weren't voting for Hillary anyway

Secondly, to claim someone went through the tremendous task of running for president to save fifteen percent on a a bank loan is so ridiculous I feel I'm in the twilight zone

Third
    Democrats need to move forward

17. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It isn't that ridiculous considering Trump can't really get loans because he's defaulted on so many of them and lied about junk bonds on other collateral. Deutsch Bank was the only bank that would give him loans, but he defaulted on those too. He's proven time and time again that the can't be trusted in business, he's slimy, and he's greedy... so he doesn't have the same options as other successful businessmen might when it comes to bank loans.

18. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Might want to wait until the investigation is over before prematurely yelling out about the scoreboard.

I hope that there is nothing beyond the collusion story. It would be great if the investigation showed there was no collusion. However, with so much evidence behind the investigation, it is worth finding out and letting it run its course.

The only bad thing about there being no collusion would mean that Trump is far from being a good deal maker. It would mean he was one of the worst we've ever had. The fact that he was willing to lift sanctions for the Russians and not get anything in return from them is horrible. It's even worse than that because he didn't even ask for anything in return.

He didn't ask for them to stop their aggression against neighboring nations or relinquish control of the Ukraine, or to stop murdering political opponents and journalists who write unfavorable stories, or any of their other human rights violations. He didn't ask for squat and was just going to give them what they wanted. So it would be sad to have that lousy of a negotiator as the president, but I guess it's worth it to have the President not actually working with a foreign adversary to undermine the democracy of the United States.

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Grabber by da p***y is locker room talk.
    Drop da case or yer fired is undiscplined language by a 70 year old manchild who sues his way out of owning up to anything.

No wonder Barnum and Bailey shut its doors. Washington bought out all the flaming rings, juggling clowns and contortionists they could find.

20. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

That is absolutely hilarious. Seems like if that were true the self-responsibility loving Republicans would still blame Trump for not studying enough language discipline to effectively do the job which he chose.