1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Insanity] ALT-RIGHT has taken over Debate & Discussion

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, May 29, 2017.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Not to be dense, but which view? Mine, the strategist's, or the version on the red hat?

Anyway, we basically agree from what I can tell. We should trade sci comm stories some day, as I do a good bit of it (and I don't mean teaching college classes in this case). Cheers.

2. cml750

cml750 Member

Wow, you are really going all out to try to turn this into a religious thread. That tells me I hit a nerve. You are batting .1000 talking about Lou and his mental health issues and now calling liberals "Libtards".

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's "1.000" not ".1000" those are 2 VERY different batting averages.

4. cml750

cml750 Member

My bad. He is batting 1.000. I was laughing too hard while typing the response.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You preached your love for Jesus many times here and now are enjoying your perception of the degradation of someone's mental health.

It isn't that hard to try not explcitly state that you enjoy another poster's suffering. Hell, I'm a heathen atheist and I've avoided that with my time here.

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

That's another problem with conservatives. They think they can cite one example and that altogether nullifies the point. It's a very Trump thing. NY Times says Trump did x, y, and z but they're fake news that got the election prediction wrong so everything they ever say is nonsense regardless of the merits. Yep, very Republican.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The problem is that history absolutely proves the narrative moronic, citing recent examples is just a quick way to show that. Pick your battles better kiddo because trying to argue this point is just going to make you look stupid.

cml750 likes this.
  8. cml750

cml750 Member

Well CW, the only two Conservative catch phrases I really remember are Trumps MAGA and Newt's 1994 "Contract with America". The premise of what both you and Bob said is Republicans win because of catch phrases (strange because I could have sworn I read on this forum that it was due to Russian interference but whatevero_O).

9. CometsWin

No, the premise is that Republicans devolve complex problems into simplistic slogans which are easily digested by their base and this is successful politically but a detriment to governing and solving these problems.

Here are several stupid but very successful slogans, you're welcome.

Tax relief
    Death Tax
    A rising tide lifts all boats
    Compassionate conservatism
    Trickle down economics
    Fair Tax
    Religious liberty
    Trust but verify

Deckard and Pizza_Da_Hut like this.
  10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The GOP sure do love their Orwellian slogans.

Pizza_Da_Hut likes this.
  11. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

You forgot the War on Christmas and Death Panels.

12. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I gotta give you props, I know you're being cheeky here, but you kind of are doing exactly what CometsWin is accusing the right of doing, oversimplifying the issue.

The Russian influence is much more complex than you're making it seem, and to say that said influence is mutually exclusive to the catchphrase one is hilarious. They can feed into each other.

Edit: fixed for auto-correct of Comet's Win to CometsWin

13. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

ComentsWin is alt-left

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You realize I was making fun of RL's thread, right? I thought it was pretty obvious given the way I imitated it.

I am not sure how Trump has made me any more crazy than before. I do notice that you haven't shown the ability to understand a different perspective than breitbart in about 5 year.

I suggest you worry more about your country than attacking me

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Honest question - which white nationalist group do you belong to?

16. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

The Aryan Brotherhood of tolerance and acceptance

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I see, you created your own

18. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

You need to be a little more fair here. Libtard and other childish phrases or mockeries have been common for a long time. Bush was frequently compared to a chimp and plenty of other insults. Comparing Obama to a chimp was racist, but there were plenty of Obama insults like Obummer. Now Trump is back to being compared to a chimp. Libtard has been around for years, if not decades. Lets not forget about the public spectacle of deplorables.

I am not saying I am not guilty of using some of these, but both sides are equally guilty. It really detracts from the conversation when one results to blanket insults. I will say the right used it far more frequently up until this election. While the leftists historically weren't ones who used childish insults, they are very quick to portray anyone on the right as ignorant and unintelligent. None of our immediate past and current presidents are buffoons. Yes, that includes Trump, as much as I cringe when I say this.

I personally feel the left and right have long jumped the shark. They have long left their core principles and only rally around hot topics that get them votes. Debates, if you can call it that, only result in turning complicated social issues into black or white issues, for or against us mentality. Clinton and Trump are the epitome of this example. Trump was at least intelligent enough to capitalize on the wishy washy American voters. I have never seen a president treat the office with such little respect and I have never seen a candidate whine so much on why she lost (Gore was a close second).

The reality is this is what the American people want. They would rather be entertained as if politics are a reality TV show than actually solving real issues.

19. CometsWin

There are tons.

Wealth redistribution
    Class warfare
    Tax and spend liberal

Republicans are great at this game but they suck at solving any actual problems but then again they have no serious intention of solving anything.

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Here's the difference. On the left, you have your fanatics for sure who tow the party line and aren't very open-minded but you also have a lot of thoughtful posters who don't. But that's not the case on the right. I'm not just talking about RL and Bigtexxx. Is there a single poster on here from the right who actually has a genuine debate where they truly consider the left's perspective?

NO.

That's the problem. That's why there is no discussion and no debate, but it's just non-sense. That wasn't always the case when you had decent posters on the right. Guys like Refman - who would probably now be called a libtard.

Eric Riley likes this.