1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Better Call Saul Season 3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 13, 2017.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Tuco was arrested on a gun charge in BCS when Mike baited him into a fight and set him up, to get him out of the way for Nacho as a favor. I thought they were talking about Tuco getting into a fight in genpop and cutting a guard, which is why Hector was pissed because they will now add time to tuco vs getting out in 9 more months. Or whatever it was.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Seems to be a contradiction wrt the Saul brand that the show might need to settle

Jimmy made a big point that he couldn't do the commercial in order to keep the Jimmy TV brand as a lawyer, so he makes the Ad man be Saul. But then later, obviously, he has to pivot the Saul brand back into a lawyer

3. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

They talked about Tuco later on in the episode when Hector is trying to convince Nacho to use his dad's business as a front to smuggle meth.

I'm referring to when Crazy 8 comes to pay up and is beat up by Nacho because he was short. Crazy 8's excuse was that the cops picked up one of his guys. I was wondering if this was Emilio and the exact reference to the timing in episode 1 of BB.

Yung-T, Richie_Rich and heypartner like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is his genius idea - He returns as an attorney for convicts and markets himself as Goodman Attorney at Law.

5. SuraGotMadHops

If he's referring to Emilio I don't think it relates to the Season 1 BB drug bust. Crazy 8 told Nacho his "new kid" got spooked when he saw a cruiser and threw out his stash, he didn't actually get busted.

6. TMac'n

Gotcha, didn't catch that. Thanks

7. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

No your dates are wrong but you got it correct; 1966 on the whiskey and he said it was 35yrs old; so it's 2001.

8. TMac'n

Thanks, simple math kills me sometimes

9. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

TBF, on first viewing I went back and re-watched that scene just to make sure I got the date of 1966 correct.

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

When Chuck is walking through the city and passes a movie theater, the movie being shown is called "Bunny Lake is Missing". This was a 1965 British thriller in which two mentally disturbed siblings clash over a make-believe doll and eventually the younger sister has to be saved from her abusive and disturbed older brother.

The more you know

11. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Did anyone else relate to what Chuck's ex was saying? Because I sure didn't. Chuck has screwed Jimmy over way too many times, often when Jimmy has attempted to come to his rescue. Reporting Jimmy to the licensing board was the last straw. I would disown my brother (if I had one) as well.

Yung-T likes this.
  12. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Seemed she was excusing Chuck's behavior due to mental illness.

"What's your excuse, Jimmy?"

13. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I know, but Jimmy has been excusing Chuck's "mental illness" for quite some time and it's always come back to bite him

Yung-T likes this.
  14. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

"You can choose your friends but you sho' can't choose your family, an' they're still kin to you no matter whether you acknowledge 'em or not, and it makes you look right silly when you don't."

-- Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is not the first time a family relative tries to estrange himself from another one. Cutting ties.

Chuck's ex wife Becky also ran from him/moved away from him. Her accusations seemed a bit off.

She did not know he was mentally ill but a normal person would at least suspect it.

Being paranoid, mentally unstable and obnoxious are good qualities to have as a brother and hubby.

#335 daywalker02, May 18, 2017
    Last edited: May 18, 2017
  16. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Excellent book and I aspire to be an attorney in the mold of Atticus Finch lol. I also love my family dearly.

I just couldn't buy the fact that Jimmy was in the wrong. How many times does Jimmy have to deal with chuck's illness before realizing he's either exasperating the problem or at least ineffective in treating it? All the while risking his career and relationship to a woman he loves dearly by a brother who has shown basically no love in return?

Clearly chuck does better without him anyway, due to his training montage towards recovery in the episode (lol)...

Richie_Rich and Yung-T like this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Community service scene was fun!

[​IMG]

GRENDEL likes this.
  18. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

That sequence at the end is Emmy worthy alone, Bob Odenkirk is such an impressive actor. Sucks they are taking Memorial day off with new episodes.....

19. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i feel like that was a major turning point for sal...something in him snapped and you saw the pure anger on his face as he was leaving. it reminded me of the scene in bb where walt is under the house cackling like a madman after finding out skyler gave his money to ted.

Yung-T and GRENDEL like this.
  20. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I know there was a point to the last episode but it felt like a whole lot of nothing. I mean...can we advance the story at a pace faster than a snail?

The hour seemed slower than usual to me. All this commercial sales bs is boring.

ferrari77 likes this.