1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SciFi Cinema] Ridley Scott's 'Alien: Covenant'

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, Dec 24, 2016.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Happy Alien Day

2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

They certainly didn't skimp on the money with this film, by the looks of the trailer(s).

I'll wait for the reviewers to give me an idea of where this falls. "Prometheus" was a disappointment, although its visuals were also superb.

3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

So all of that is part of the movie coming out? A bit confused. I thought I read on here that they were not sure if those characters would even be in the next movie.

5. 713

713 Member

I can't get past the first 10 minutes of Alien, should i stick through it?

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

The prologue was better than all of Prometheus. Had no interest in a Prometheus sequel but after the prologue I'd rather watch the continuation of the prologue than Alien Covenant.

B-Bob likes this.
  7. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

I'm anxious to see this movie, but I have the same question that others have posed: If the Covenant is supposed to be a colonization experiment, and there's obviously only a limited number of couples aboard, why have a same sex couple? I love me some gay people, but I don't see them producing too many babies.

tinman likes this.
  8. PanchoVilla3504

I can't remember where I read it, but I think there are thousands of people on the ship, not just the crew we see in the trailer. Don't quote me on that though.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

Why was Shaw wearing an engineer's robe?

10. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

She clearly ufcked one of them and didn't have anything to wear post coitus...

11. PhiSlammaJamma

Prologue looked interesting. Seems like that's the story everyone wants. Not some doomed pioneering mission that stumbles into the classic distress signal and hell to ensue.

B-Bob likes this.
  12. Rizzy

Rizzy Member

Re-watched Prometheus in anticipation for this film. While it had its flaws I still enjoyed it and the prologue is exactly what I want to see. They can't just ignore the conclusion of the Shaw / David story-line.

So this new movie takes place on the Engineer home-world with a different crew after the events of Prometheus? Is that what I'm understanding?

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

There's a link with a video in THIS thread that answers your questions. But you MIGHT have to be BRAVE and click a spoiler tab. Godspeed.

tinman and Rizzy like this.
  14. tinman

Supporting Member

Lots of commercials during the NBA playoffs

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Prometheus had so much potential. One of the best film trailers I have ever seen. The first 15 minutes or so were fantastic. The Lawrence of Arabia homage was top notch. They really lost me when the scientists or whatever were taking off their protection and tickling "cute" aliens from outer space.

Unfortunately when Ridley misses, he REALLY misses. Robin Hood and Prometheus were steaming piles of ass.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  16. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Danny mcbride cracks me up and he didn't even say anything funny

daywalker02 likes this.
  17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I was more excited about this and it looks like it definitely is 100% dead. I was just underwhelmed with Prometheus and no longer really trust Scott. I'm not sure he knows where he's going with the whole Engineers storyline.

--------
    Alien 5 Update

“There was never a script,”
    Scott stated bluntly. “It was an idea that evolved from, I believe, a 10-page pitch, and I was meant to be part of the producers on that. It didn’t evolve. Fox decided that they didn’t want to do it and that was it. I’d already done ‘Prometheus’ and I was planning ‘Covenant’ so I dunno.”

When pressed to say if he thinks the sequel would ever happen, Scott said, “I don’t think so, no.”

So there it is. At the time, Blomkamp had been very public in sharing art and ideas about the sequel, and fans were excited. Rather than coming out right away with the fact that the project had floundered, Fox and Blomkamp went with the more PR-friendly “holding pattern” claim, but the truth seems to be that Blomkamp’s vision for Alien 5 no longer seemed viable.

#137 Ziggy, May 1, 2017
    Last edited: May 1, 2017
  18. tinman

Supporting Member

I want to see alien vs predator vs engineer vs human vs android

19. PhiSlammaJamma

I would think an Alien 5 would need to result in the Weyland company finally securing the damn biological weapon after all these attempts, I mean at this point their artificial intelligence can only f'up so many times, but of of course it backfires on them, and mass assured extinction on earth ensues, including all tigers as the aliens swarm over the planet. The humans in orbit can't come down to earth because well, that would be planet of the apes. So they target the Aliens home planet, whereby the Engineers would do an about face in terms of their outlook on humans after a successful takeover and planet swap.

The face grabbers will evolve into the Predator. They kinda look similar right...

And then you have the octopus, which I don't know what's going on there, but as a highly evolved species on earth it will no doubt use the ink blot communication tools to outsmart the aliens.

#139 PhiSlammaJamma, May 1, 2017
    Last edited: May 1, 2017
    Phillyrocket and tinman like this.
  20. tinman

Supporting Member

the only humans to survive are those who joined a basketball site in the year 1999