1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's the second half of the Lakers-Nuggets Game 5 -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

2016/2017 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by rox1, Jun 23, 2016.

1. FaBo

FaBo Member

Well, if that little contact is enough to warrant a penalty, then Real should have gotten one, too (Boateng against Casemiro, I believe). In my opinion, it was not a penalty, certainly not a clear one. The offside goals though were really egregious. Still don't understand why we don't have video reviews yet.
    All in all, one can't be mad at the players, they gave it all they had and a lot played through injuries. Still should have subbed out Vidal, though.

By the way, just saw on tv that technically, our second goal was offside as well. Really close, but offside nonetheless.

2. Raz

Raz Member

Disagree again. Casemiro already lifts off before the contact and just jumps into Boateng, who tries to avoid the contact and stands still.

arabrocket, Yung-T and AroundTheWorld like this.
  3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

It was an own goal.

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

5. FaBo

FaBo Member

Doesn't matter, Lewandowski was actively involved in the play, he doesn't need to touch the ball for it to be offside. But it was really close anyway, so can't blame the ref for that.

At the end of the day, what I wanna say is that I don't think it was the ref's fault. We could have played a lot better and I still can't get over the fact that Vidal wasn't subbed out after what happened in the first game. Honestly, Real was simply better than us. We were lucky to even be in the game by halftime.
    One thing is for sure, the roster needs a lot of work in the summer. Can't play Costa anymore as he sucks elephant's d*ck, Robben and Ribéry are not getting any younger and Coman hasn't shown much improvement this season, although he's still young and has a lot of potential. But, I digress... season's not over yet, gotta go for the double now.

6. Raz

Raz Member

We can argue all night about penalties and offsides, but the one thing that bothers me most is the red card for Vidal. The ref knew exactly he could/should have sent off Casemiro but shows grace and then throws Vidal out just a few minutes later for a clean tackle. Complete game changer and momentum killer and we don't talk about vision errors like they can happen within the quickness of the game, we talk about a tough maladjustment. If the game is 11 Reds vs 10 Whites like it would've been accurate, I'm 100% sure Bayern is in the Semis now.

ramotadab, Yung-T and arabrocket like this.
  7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Real wasn't better today. They were much better in the first match.

To be honest, I don't even care about the double. I might get a little interested in the match against Dortmund in the cup, but the league has been decided for a while. I get up for the Champions League. Too bad the same cannot be said about people like Costa. Please ship him out asap.

Yung-T likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sorry, mate. I think Zizou beat his Sensei.

#908 daywalker02, Apr 18, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  9. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

I'm not a fan of either but today's game was a disgrace for soccer, you can't really miss the offside goals if u are the refs, btw casimero should have been sent off couple of times, should have been yellow carded on the penalty to send him off, the hard foul on Robben after, and the dive for a penalty it was shocking he played the 120 mnts. I understand mistakes happen and you can miss some but it seems like they were set to ignore offsides on Ronaldo and sending casimero off. Btw there was an offside on lewandoski that clearly wasn't and could have scored if the ref didn't stop it.

Yung-T and AroundTheWorld like this.
  10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Neuer with a broken foot. When it rains, it pours.

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

As long as he is fit by the start of next season...

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Just brutal to watch, beyond me how a ref can make this many blatant mistakes.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  13. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

It's definitely a shame that a game that was looking to be a classic got taken over by the refs. The red card was a travesty. It determined the outcome as I believe that with or without the offside misses, Real would have eventually wore down Bayern and gotten a goal or 2 in overtime.

I do see how the first missed offside was missed. In the millisecond just after the pass was made (yes, Ronaldo was off when the pass was struck), Costa was back there and if the side judge blinked at that moment, it looked as if he was on. If you noticed, none of the Bayern players complained because they saw Costa back there.

Pulling for Juve and Dortmund today.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Monaco and Juve are through.

15. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Barca wasn't even close today. Way to easy for Juve but hey I ain't complaining. On we go!

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Hope Atletico or Juve win it all this year, don't want to see Ronaldo, Casemiro and these other b****es win it again.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I will root for Monaco although I am a huge Juve fan.

I just like Falcao, Mbappe, and the former Ludovic Giuly. They are not to be trifled with, they are on a run.

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Think their defense won't be good enough vs the top teams, but that offense is surely amazing. Will be interesting to see whether they'll be able to keep their talents this summer.

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Schalke 0:2 in the first leg, but still gave it their all today and were up 3:0 until the 110th minute, too bad Ajax sealed the deal with two goals in the closing minutes.

Amin Younes with a great game and the deciding goal, I reaaally want us to sign him somehow (would be no problem financial-wise tho) and sell Costa. Reminds me of a young Ribery with his low point of gravity and incredible 1on1 skills, he's really improved since his youth performances and is the complete opposite of guys like Costa when it comes to mentality.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Man U on to the Semis in Europa - get that CL spot one way or the other.

DD