1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump extends Obama's Iran sanction relief

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Apr 18, 2017.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I think you and Major are both correct. On your point, I think he is already being less bombastic.

You have to remember he isn't a career politician and he ran on shaking up Washington. I think he has learned a lesson on why it necessary to be more like a stable minded politician is necessary for overall stability

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

National security/military is one area where Trump has some competent bureaucrats in position to have their voice heard (the generals, Mattis and McMaster). We are lucky that Flynn is no longer around to **** things up and we don't have the equivalence of Betsy DeVos or Jeff Sessions in charge of this area.

justtxyank likes this.
  3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

It's good that he is listening to others and can change his mind (considering his position was crappier than crap).

Iran nuclear deal - mostly politic. Yell how horrible it is, but know it isn't and going back is what would be horrible. Kind of like Obamacare.

4. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

No kidding. Getting rid of Flynn and putting in McMaster is the best move by this Admin so far.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  5. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I have stated for years now that staunch Liberals and Republicans are no different from each other. Both sides arrogantly believe they are more intelligent than the other and believe the other side are brain washed fools. The former comment I do not agree with. The latter comment I do. Both are intolerant of each other and both refuse to see each others points of view. This is evident with the snide remarks that I am a Trump voter and supporter because I do not join in the dog pile on Trump.

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Trump is flying by the seat of his pants. He is the most ignorant, unqualified president in my lifetime by a wide margin.

You are a bit too kind unless you mean not being a career politician is an excuse for complete cluelessness on both issues and protocal.

7. Major

Major Member

That's sort of the point. You criticize liberals for being biased or whatnot. But you were exactly that with Obama - you never criticized Republicans for doing exactly what you criticize liberals for doing. You also regularly lump "liberals" into some all-emcompassing category, regardless of whether the posts in the thread you are responding actually fit your stereotype. You are exactly what you criticize - you just can't even see it.

Sweet Lou 4 2 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

He sees it and knows it. He's pretending.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He could be pretending but more likely he is delusional and actually believes what he writes. People like him will twist the narrative to support whatever they already thing. Notice that many here on the left are pleasantly surprised with the idea of Trump keeping the Iran deal, and yet he is still accusing the left of just being anti-Trump. The guy is just mental.

Space Ghost likes this.
  10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

That's why he got in. Back then "qualifications" was a hs diploma, a penis, and the color of your skin.

Didn't need no fancy book learnin to kick nazi and commie ass.

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The reason he got in was because he thought like an idiot, not inspite of it. The wanted someone like themselves. Jingoistic, closed minded, sees the world in black and white. Trump represents the great white hope. That an "old school" white male - who acts the way they want to act, can be successful still in America. Trump is a backwards man. And they love him for it.

All the code words, "he just says it like it is" "he'll shake things up" "he's a deal maker" - is just code language for, "he won't be intimidated by the darkies." "He'll think like me." "He won't act all intellectual" "He'll kick ass and not worry about "nuances"

justtxyank likes this.
  12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

He does have a really good national security team in place now and he defers to them a lot it would seem.

It's not surprising that a man who gets his information from Fox and Friends would change his position once he was surrounded by people who were actually well informed.

Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.