1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Lower Bowl..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bo6, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

The Lower Bowl topic has been beaten to death here. We just have to accept it: our rich/corporate fans aren't as fanatic as Golden State's or Portland's or OKC's. @heypartner has an interesting theory that is mostly due to how season tickets are sold strategically compared to the Texans. That seems plausible. I've just come to accept that many of our most well off fans comparatively suck.

Richie_Rich, Lawlruschang and Amel like this.
  2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Nothing in this city can compare to The Summit except MMP during NLCS.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Really? A playoff game (incidentally game 1 of a 7 game series) where the Rockets are ahead by 30+ points, both teams clear the benches, 10:30 PM on a Sunday night when people have work and school to attend the next day and it makes you ABSOLUTELY SICK?

If only someone would start a "How can we make the GARM better thread" so we can add threads like this as pointless. Oh wait, someone did start a "How can we make the GARM better?" thread. Here it is:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/how-can-we-make-the-garm-better.249644/

jbasket and Os Trigonum like this.
  4. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Hah. I was a couple of rows up behind first. Yea. It was loud. Until... well you know the home run I speak of. The one that achieved synchronous orbit.

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I miss those Luv Ya Blue days in the Astrodome.

PyroTex, Richie_Rich and No Chance like this.
  6. CapelaOnlyFan

CapelaOnlyFan Member

Nope I can't afford to but there were empty seats in the lower section from start to finish as I watched from my neighbor's huge 4k tv. And the fact that you said "for once I can say attendance and contribution from fans....was on point" buffers my point. Texans never had to worry about attendance and contribution being an issue and never will regardless of how much they suck. Meanwhile the only team who's brought this city championships "for once" had attendance and contribution that was on point? Ok

7. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Maybe if Les wasn't so greedy, more people would go to the games. The game wasn't a sellout. Can't blame it on the fans if the cost is to high. How much are you willing to spend to go to a game?

Lawlruschang likes this.
  8. CapelaOnlyFan

CapelaOnlyFan Member

Are Texans playoffs games too high as well? Or do people somehow come up with money from their tree outback?

9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Yeah if you are up by 30 I don't see a point of staying. Its hard enough getting out of TC.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Who gives a flying **** what people who paid for their seats do? Man, just enjoy the win.

The moment Bobby Brown is on the floor is a great time to bail....nothing more to see.

DD

AceOfSpades, DreamShook and BigShasta like this.
  11. CapelaOnlyFan

CapelaOnlyFan Member

Well?????? Lol

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Spurs blew out Memphis by 30 and Spurs fans, with their rabid fan base, left even earlier. This shouldn't be a big deal. Toyota center was packed when it mattered.

13. TMackin713

TMackin713 Member

Looked on flash seats before the game and there were hundreds of tickets available. I think it was the late start that killed us.

14. HRox832

HRox832 Member

The Spurs stadium had like 30 people left in their game one vs Memphis with 5 min to go

15. CapelaOnlyFan

CapelaOnlyFan Member

If every seat is filled come Wednesday with a regular start time I may buy that excuse but my entire point is being missed altogether. Not necessarily with you but with those who tried coming at me asking if I went to the game. They just don't get it. Trying to argue with me and can't even see the posts in its proper context smh

16. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

The Summit for sure. The pitch of the stadium was far steeper, which allowed for more sound to carry down to the court. Also, because of that, a lot of players said that it felt like the upper deck was almost sitting right on top of the court. Toyota Center is luxurious, cavernous, and soft compared to the Summit.

Richie_Rich and No Chance like this.
  17. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

They probably didnt check the start time. They probably thought the game was a 7pm start like it usually is, and the game didnt start until over an hour later.

18. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Good crowd last night for sure.

Lots of defense chants throughout the game.

Rockets showed last night that they didn't play there hand often during the regular season. Defense was great last night.

19. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

You must be clueless to what state you live in. Texas is and has always been a football first state then comes basketball maybe slightly ahead of baseball (Since the Astros just started getting their sh** together) you can't ignore that. If we were in New York then I would understand the "outrage" as to why attendance is so low but again you can't complain if you don't even attend the game(s).

The Texans will always reign supreme in Houston which is why they have a waiting list just for season tickets. Again if you don't like to see empty seats go ahead and do yourself the favor of finding a way to fill it with your own ass instead of complaining about every elses.

20. CapelaOnlyFan

CapelaOnlyFan Member

Lol the old "football is King" crap. I was wondering what took so long for you to bring this narrative up. Good debate :rolleyes: