1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump: I do respect [Putin]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Feb 4, 2017.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I mean what's the difference? Murdering journalists? Good they're the enemy amirite? Murdering political opponents? Good, make them conform! Old Putie has it figured out I say.

[​IMG]

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Trump kind of makes sense. It is better for the US and Russia to be allied in dealing with ISIS.

And the "do you respect Putin" is a dumb gotcha question.

3. justtxyank

Yes good old Putie wants to stop terrorism.

4. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Trump respect bullies. It's an honest answer and a reflection of who he is.

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I don't think we should be asking our Presidents to comment on whether they respect other world leaders.

6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

But Putin is a killer gave Trump plenty of reasons to explain and separate himself. His answers leave it open to ... so what, we are killers too. Really? We kill journalists and people that don't disagree with our views and innocents for political and power gain? Yes I know the answer to the latter, but no, you can't tell me we are equal.

Also beg some questions...

What would Trump do if Putin kill Americans journalist, and those that disagree with his views? Respect that? And it's ok because we are killers? Well, maybe so.

justtxyank likes this.
  7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I completely agree in this context. I can understand asking a candidate running for office tricky questions to see how they respond, but asking questions with intent to create soundbytes is just piss poor journalism.

Im finding it hard to criticize Trump from all the unnecessary noise generated by the crybabies. Objective and credible journalism is becoming hard to come by. All the major news outlets have subscribed to the 'clickbait' headlines and sound bytes for the only purpose to gather viewers. And with much of America (both sides) wanting to stay in their safe echo chambers, its only getting worse.

Dei likes this.
  8. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well this was the Conservative darling O'Reilly. O'Reilly really does not need to be critical of Trump, as his loyal viewers really do not care.
    Someone/something made O'Reilly ask that question, and Trump gave the wrong answer.
    Romney wrote "No Apologies" because Obama said we're great but not perfect. Trump in effect said "yeah but what about America" when confronted with the idea Putin kills people.

Trump is low in popularity, but this is unlikely to push him any lower in the short term. People will forget in the long term if the greater conservative base does not make a ruckus about this gaffe. Reality is stranger than fiction though.

9. justtxyank

Shocking.

#notatrumpsupporter

joshuaao and DudeWah like this.
  10. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

11. Major

Major Member

That's convenient. You didn't seem to have much problem with jumping at click-bait journalism to criticize Obama.

12. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

"We've got a lot of killers. What do you think, our country's so innocent?"

I mean, can you get more presi-fn'-dential than that?

I know what you're thinking. "What about that time our prez wasted Killary in a debate and the first person to congratulate him was Vince Neil of Mötley Crüe? That was pretty damn presidential!"

[​IMG]

I have to say that I agree. That WAS damn presidential as well. But this statement here has to rank as a close second. Although admittedly, there are many moments to choose from and having to pick just one is damn near impossible.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Putin does think there is a war against radical Islam - that is why he is proping up Syria, because he wants a secular buffer.

DD

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

LOL - objective journalism is based upon Facts, not alternative facts....

DD

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Alleged Bernie voter finds it hard to criticize Trump. *chuckle*

16. Space Ghost

Please quote me where I have fully backed Trump?

Do you want me to join your circle jerk/echo chamber decrying the 'Muslim Ban'. I'll admit I mock the term 'Obamacare', however that term isn't disingenuous like most of the nonsense spouted off by the anti-trump echo chamber.

17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Trump's apology tour.

18. Space Ghost

Bill O'Reilly is one of the more tolerable right leaning hosts. He is one of the more centrist host out there. Your Hannity, Rush and Savage are the Conservative darlings.
    But that said, is Trump wrong? We are in bed with several nations that are known to use violent measures against their own people. Why should Russia be any different? And the truth remains, while America may not be violent against their own people, they have no problems killing and destroying foreigners.

19. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We do it, ideally, under rules of engagement to minimize causalities, both military and civilian. I say that ideally because recent history shows war is still brutal, and even non-targeted civilians shoulder heavy costs.

20. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's a somewhat simplistic view of Russia's aims in Syria. It's certainly part of it, but the possibility of maintaining a warm water sea presence without passing through the Bosporus is another aim among many. Check out the book "Prisoners of Geography" - it's really good!