1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Furious George] Melo

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by burnshroom, Dec 22, 2016.

1. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Yup no sympathy, enjoy the bright lights with a below average team. Why leave denver? They could of gotten some more pieces to make a run. I never understood that move.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  2. da_juice

da_juice Member

Or he could have signed with New York outright. Knicks could have ran a lineup of:
    Amaré
    Melo
    Gallinari
    W. Chandler
    Felton (back when he was serviceable)

That be a fun team to watch

3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Why is this a low blow? It may be worded poorly (and some may argue it is sexist), but what is wrong with saying he grew up with no father and it was a burden? I certainly consider it a benefit that I had my father as a mentor and role model in my life and it would have been a burden for me growing up not to have him there. And, I also would say the same thing about my mother.

"Kenyon and Carmelo carried two big burdens: all that money and no father to show them how to act like a man,” Karl wrote."

4. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

If Harden needed all the spotlight himself he surely would not have agreed with playing alongside Howard that demands attention on a mythical delusional level

5. Rocketeer4Life

Melo's love of the limelight and self-centeredness was clearly evident during Linsanity. He clearly wasn't happy with Lin's success and had a hand in the Knicks not signing Lin to the contract he deserved. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Melo is cancer. Thank God, Harden proved this year so far he isn't another Melo! I was starting think otherwise after last year...

buffalobills!!!, Fyreball and Rox11 like this.
  6. Mr. Space City

You want to criticize Carmelo Anthony the basketball player? Cool, talk about Melo the basketball player. Criticize him for what he does on the court.

Don't bring his family or his upbringing into it.

He's a coach not a psychologist.

The irony of someone criticizing someone for their love of the spotlight while making a tell all book trashing his former players like a reality show thot.

amaru, macho GRANDE and Jayzers_100 like this.
  7. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Yeah, no way would Melo take the same joy in dishing off with no look passes like James has done this year, the guy is a total joy to watch out there picking up more assists than shots.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  8. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

While he is not an actual psychologist, most coaches who've been around a long time, have effectively become psychologists. They come to know the players. They learn their personal life. They know their history. They know their idiosyncrasies and have to learn how to deal with them in order to get them to perform at their best. They are generally well qualified to offer an opinion.

subtomic and Rox11 like this.
  9. Mr. Space City

He doesn't know whether having or not having a father would have positively or negatively affected Melo.

Lebron didn't have a father in his life and is one of the best role models in the NBA.

JR Smith had a father in his life and has been a screw up

It depends in the person to let postitive or negative situations in thier life positively or negatively affect them.

Just stick to basketball.

macho GRANDE and HeWhoIsLunchbox like this.
  10. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Its not the first time a coach has ripped a former player to sell books. Phil Jackson ripped Kobe in his book and then came back to win more titles with Kobe. George Karl will always be known as a great regular season coach, but for one reason or another his teams always choked when it counted.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't like how he disses his players like that even though I agree with his view about Melo. But to be fair to Karl, I think he meant the father thing as some sort of excuse he gave to Melo for his selfish personality to make it more understandable. This is an autobiography, not a basketball commentary. He doesn't have to just stick with basketball. He can talk about life as he saw it.

Rox11 likes this.
  12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. Mr. Space City

And I can criticize him as well.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  14. Mr. Space City

15. Mr. Space City

16. Mr. Space City

17. Mr. Space City

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

19. oelman44

oelman44 Member

That's pretty ****ed up for Karl to put his former players on blast like that. The coach is supposed to be a father figure...

macho GRANDE likes this.
  20. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Hehe he oh boy, it's hilarious how you can't state an opinion to some people. It's like we clearly see what Karl is talking about through melos game on the court....
    Didn't notice I made a duplicate